Author Topic: How many Murcielago Replicas are there in the US?  (Read 3507 times)

satinta

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 12
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Re: How many Murcielago Replicas are there in the US?
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2013, 09:41:48 AM »
Rallye has built alot more then 2.
2 a year maybe...

I'll ask him.

Quso

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2013, 08:25:27 AM »
Search lamborghini base on porsche boxster (black) thats another one

Murci-Me

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2013, 02:20:54 AM »
No, the 3% refers to the amount of builds that are started and actually finished. Its actually less than 3%. You are not calculating the amount of builds that were started and never finished. I know of 14 builds that were started and then abandoned, Joe at I.E. was responsible for 6 of them. Far more builds get started than you hear about, very few people who taken on this venture are on these forums.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 02:24:15 AM by Murci-Me »

am33r

• Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2013, 02:06:51 AM »
I counted the ones I saw on the internet that are on the road at some level of completion...

2 Steve from Tri-G owns in LA (Gray and Greenish Yellow)
1 Murci-Me's (White)
1 Mr. Lambo sold to east coast last year (orange Roadster)
2 From Rob on ebay before (All Black and All Green)
2 Rally in SF
2 Michigan Yellow cars by the same guy (one was G24)
2 by CKI red and white
1 white in SoCal that is always on LamborghiniReplica for $35k !!
2 more completed on LamborghiniReplica for two other people

I think we all saw these! Maybe I am missing 1-5 more that are on the road so that is 15 so far and maybe 5 more. Wow actually 20 "on the road" which means the club is not 3% when it comes to these builds (not all are perfect) but more like 20%

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2013, 02:22:40 AM »
b/c most bodies that are sold are probably still in someones backyard with a tarp loosely draped over it and tall grass growing in and around it.
Ain't that the truth !!

am33r

• YOLO
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2013, 01:52:19 AM »
I wanted to put the number on my license plate but I guess you're right lol this thread was worth posting though

notnilc20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 174
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2013, 12:11:14 AM »
I will research again regarding the number of kits but from what I knew from the IE days, and the info from Rob (whom i bought my kit from), and now that I know Tri-G sold 11 I'll think my G28 is #49 of the west coast mold set

Just wondering but what does it matter how many replicas have been completed? Are you just curious? Not trying to be fesicious or anything but there's really no telling how many b/c most bodies that are sold are probably still in someones backyard with a tarp loosely draped over it and tall grass growing in and around it.

am33r

• YOLO
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2013, 11:56:49 PM »
The timeline of five years of work on the kits assumes 1 completed car per year and 3 partial kit releases. Not an impossible task Murci-me!

I started work on my car 10 days ago and in a few days I can have it driving and soft mounted. With some sanding and paint I CAN have my car on the road within a month and I now have a simple formula for a special kind of an MR2 build.

You have an immaculate build, but it seems that in his case they have gotten a partial build down to a formula too - as inconvenient and incomplete the BASIC Fiero partial build may be - it qualifies as a "build" as much as all of ours do on this forum...

I will research again regarding the number of kits but from what I knew from the IE days, and the info from Rob (whom i bought my kit from), and now that I know Tri-G sold 11 I'll think my G28 is #49 of the west coast mold set.

Murci-Me

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2013, 10:26:17 PM »
What about all these partially built cars?
http://m587.photobucket.com/albums/robthedog/
That's a lot of cars! His recent video has 5 builds so I don't see why 20 builds in total would seem like a myth!

Look at the timeframe of a regular/average build (just over 1 year). Rob has ben "building" (if you can call it that) for about 5 years. So, he is consistently turning out 4 finished cars per year, every year?
His video may show 5 builds, but they are not his builds and they were not all done in one year. Look at all the cars Supereplica's has built, and they cant even keep up with Robs progress!!!!!

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2013, 06:04:13 PM »
I think that I have the only turbo ls4 Murci roadster in the world.  It's been licensed and driven for four years, but I always find more things to do on it.  Are they EVER finished?

I'd love to see pictures of your build. Are they available anywhere? I am particularly interested to see your motor/tranny setup.
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

dratts

• Liked: 14
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 05:50:13 PM »
I think that I have the only turbo ls4 Murci roadster in the world.  It's been licensed and driven for four years, but I always find more things to do on it.  Are they EVER finished?

am33r

• YOLO
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2013, 01:56:16 AM »
What about all these partially built cars?
http://m587.photobucket.com/albums/robthedog/
That's a lot of cars! His recent video has 5 builds so I don't see why 20 builds in total would seem like a myth!

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 01:37:52 AM »
I believe rob when he said he's sold 17 kits and 5 running cars...of course a couple of those 5 cars didn't have doors

I only know of the green one, the black one and the orange one with the plexi roof that actually had doors and drove. The green one had an engine problem right after he sold it, and he bought it back for half price . Oh then the chrome one, which he didnt build . It was owned by a mm member and the interior was stolen so rob just wrapped it and put in a cheap interior .

am33r

• YOLO
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 12:53:34 AM »
Thanks. Great info - and unfortunately too many paused/forgotten projects!

MM whats your guess on the # IE and Rob's G28 kits made whether unfinished or otherwise?

Murci-Me

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 12:08:34 AM »
Triangle-G SOLD 11 bodies. I know of 6 of those that never got past the mount phase, then just sat to rot.