Author Topic: How many Murcielago Replicas are there in the US?  (Read 3508 times)

Murci-Me

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: How many Murcielago Replicas are there in the US?
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 12:04:13 AM »
I would say there are about 20 as well. Remember, I.E. never completed a kit for anybody, yet took well over $200K from customers and disappeared with their money. Most all of his customers had to get court orders just to get parts back they had supplied to him for their builds. I have seen many kits started, yet very few finished. My friend started 4 cars 4 years ago, and none of them are near roadworthy.
I agree, these cars are more rare than the real ones.
Also, there is no way in hell Rob has built 22 cars. LMFAO!!!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 12:06:00 AM by Murci-Me »

am33r

• Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 11:59:43 PM »
great info Tusabes!
Rob didn't count previous works by I.E
So the west coast works are

Tri-G 11
I.E 16
Rob 22

I think Rally from SF is builder who has gotten kits from the 3 mentioned above. So with my kit we have 50 here in west coast CA/AZ  etc.

The Florida boat fabrication builders - not sure - but are likely working on CKI kits. Anyone knows about the number sold by CKI?

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 10:13:38 PM »
I think triangle g did 11?

Your numbers of maybe 40-50 total on the west coast sound right . I think rob is counting many IE builds .

Also don't forget Rally in the Bay Area
(Exoticmotorsports.com) he owns like 4 himself !!

I'd say there are less than 20 on the road driving . More rare then a real one !!

Also mike Vetter and the FL boat guys turned out some , never advertised on the net
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 10:15:30 PM by Tusabes »

am33r

• Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
How many Murcielago Replicas are there in the US?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 01:53:56 PM »
There were/are only a few entities that regularly sold kits & builds.

There was the West Coast Supplier “Triangle G” which then stopped and another West Coast Supplier “Inland Exotics” sold the same kit after, and later RobsLP640 of AZ sold builds of the same kit.  East of the mountains however, only CKI produced these kits.

A few years ago I remember on Kit Central that “Inland Exotics” stopped doing projects after their 16th build.  Then up till today Rob says he put together 22 kits in different stages (maybe starting with Chris’s orange build) then he sold me my kit last month – I know at least 10 of Robs I have seen on the forums and eBay in the past 3 years (Mostly Partial). It does takes at least a month to make a kit while also preparing a donor if one does it full time, so it seems safe to assume that between IE and Rob there are about 40 kits produced. How many of those are on the road today? and How many have been abandoned?

Then back to Triangle G.  Between when and when did they operate? And how many did they produce? And how many of those are on the road now? Murci-Me what do you think?

That pretty much concludes the west coast–produced replicas!

There are 20 of us here with some variation of those kits (and 20 from the US on MM with most of us being the same builds here and there).

When did CKI get into this business and how many Murcy2 kits have they sold? How many are on the road today? How many are abandoned?

I have seen a few kits sold by some place in Texas on eBay (no builds, just kits). Same exact thing with Oregon. I do not know the origins of those few!

The builder in Michigan had only produced 2 with one being Murcy-1 and another Murcy-2 I assume are both from CKI.

I may have gone wrong on details - but I would like an idea of what's out there...