Author Topic: Jamack's "New LP640 Build" is missing  (Read 2173 times)

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
Re: Jamack's "New LP640 Build" is missing
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2013, 07:02:23 PM »
I think you may have misinterpreted what I was trying to say. I was not implying that you were only interested in "showing off". I simply meant, the build threads are extremely valuable and not just for showing completed cars (which I happen to enjoy BTW). This was not intended as a slam toward anyone.

Hey, what you do is your decision. Obviously something really bad happened and I am sorry to hear that. I wish you the very best.

Mike
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

jamack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-2
Re: Jamack's "New LP640 Build" is missing
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2013, 05:25:54 PM »
Guys let me say this, my thread was all about sharing the good and the bad of building a replica car, I can say this for 100% sure, there are few out there that I have came across  in the business that are truly respectful business people, I have looked at numerous kits, spoke to this guy that has this part or that guy that has a better part, even guys that deal in OEM parts that will be MORE then glad to take your money but yet send you a part that is nothing like described or for that fact even usable, so you may understand I AM NOT INTO PROMOTING any type of business that could would and be happy to take your money and wait for whatever length of time they desire to produce a part that you may have bought because of looking at or reading my thread, that's just me and there as been some people I have dealt with during this project that have been great and others that have not.

Rather then DOG which ones are bad or promote which are good was not what my thread was about, I have received numerous PM's asking about this guy or wanting to know my experience with one company over another, so because of the status of my car I chose to remove my thread until it is at a point in which I can post a positive responce to PMs questions with a true answer rather then saying something that isn't true because I don't know yet.

There as been a couple that have been great to deal with and the members on here have been outstanding but the removal came after getting very upset about my car and realizing that regardless of the reasons in building this project that I had made a huge mistake and should have stayed with buying high end cars rather then building one.

With this being said if anyone wants to know something about the guys I have dealt with PM me and I will be glad to share what I know to this point.

Further someone posted this forum isn't about showing off our builds and I can say our intentions were never to show anything off, this project was a father son project because my son likes the car, honestly I wish we would have went with a kit that is a complete builder like GTM, RCR or something like that but he likes the Lambo so we went that way.

I hope after reading this you can get a better understanding of the why, guys I will share any info I can with you give you tips and tell you everything I can about building this car but, under no circumstance will I allow my car to be used for the purpose of promoting a false advertisement of great workmanship by someone who hasn't even touched my car let alone have the skill or business sense to be involved in such a project.

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
Re: Jamacks' "New LP640 Build" is missing
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2013, 11:15:47 AM »
You do whatever you feel like you need to do jamack. Please keep in mind these build diaries are not just to show off finished cars. They are to document the journey and get advice. To document what works and what doesn't so others can learn. It is very valuable for me to be able to see the problems others have encountered so I can try to avoid them. I wish you the very best on your project.

Mike

I agree with this also Jamack, I wish you hadn't removed your thread either.  Your thread had a lot of good information in it that was going to be very helpful for me on my build since I have the same body as you.  Please consider bringing it back, I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way bud.
Pedro

BigPines

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2013, 10:19:08 AM »
You do whatever you feel like you need to do jamack. Please keep in mind these build diaries are not just to show off finished cars. They are to document the journey and get advice. To document what works and what doesn't so others can learn. It is very valuable for me to be able to see the problems others have encountered so I can try to avoid them. I wish you the very best on your project.

Mike

jamack

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2013, 08:30:07 AM »
Guys thanks for the post and PMs, as I have said before this was a project for me and my son to have a car built to drive not to set in a shop, I know things take time but we have had many street rids and frame offs done over the years and I can say this build takes the honors of being a HEADACHE, I have gotten so bored with it that I bought one of those cheap 430s, I will be REI posting once i get the car to the  paint shop, thanks for the concerns but can assure you all it will be finished soon.

As far as Jays idea, let me say this, when err started i could have bought a compete chassis with doors for 18k, it had minimal fire damage, TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THIS it would have been much cheaper to go that way.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 08:52:40 AM by jamack »

BigPines

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2013, 07:25:54 PM »
Thanks for the clarification.

That is a little rich for my blood but it is a totally legitimate option for someone.

Mike

LamboJayso

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Liked: 17
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-2
  • Experience is everything!
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 06:30:13 PM »
jamack, I personally don't think there is anything wrong with having a build diary here no matter what stage you are in. I wish you would reconsider and put it back up. We can be patient while you work through issues that come up. I too am very interested in your build as I am planning to go with an OEM spec body kit.

LamboJayso, wouldn't an OEM chassis cost way more than a NAERC chassis or something like it? It seems like an OEM chassis is unobtainium for the average builder. If there is a cheap way to get one, please do tell. :)

Mike

Yeaa for the average builder but I was speaking specifically to Jamack. He can afford it and it probably would have cost either the same or less overall.

There's an OEM Murcielago chassis on ebay right now going for $20k. & that includes some suspensions, steering shaft, brake pedal, gas pedal, and etc. Most of the essentials for operating a vehicle.

Not worth the $20k in my opinion but one would be better off going that route than building from scratch on a custom chassis.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 06:33:42 PM by LamboJayso »
-Jayso

BigPines

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 05:33:19 PM »
jamack, I personally don't think there is anything wrong with having a build diary here no matter what stage you are in. I wish you would reconsider and put it back up. We can be patient while you work through issues that come up. I too am very interested in your build as I am planning to go with an OEM spec body kit.

LamboJayso, wouldn't an OEM chassis cost way more than a NAERC chassis or something like it? It seems like an OEM chassis is unobtainium for the average builder. If there is a cheap way to get one, please do tell. :)

Mike

LamboJayso

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 12:56:40 PM »
Yeaa, building on a custom chassis is extremely time consuming and very expensive. Perhaps if you could have done it all over again, I'm sure you would have snagged an OEM chassis instead like John did. Which is the best route to go. You're this far into it though, might as well see it through.
-Jayso

jamack

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 12:15:54 PM »
Jay thanks for the concern but I decided to remove my post until it gets to the status of your and other builds on the site, it hopefully will be at a point to go to paint soon but, like everything else relying on others when you have no control ruins some of the best schedules.

LamboJayso

Jamack's "New LP640 Build" is missing
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 04:34:38 PM »
Wasup Jamack, I was perusing through the Murci build diaries and I noticed your build was missing. Your build is unique to me b/c it's the only other build being built using a JW body. Care to tell us what happened bud?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 11:21:32 AM by LamboJayso »
-Jayso