Author Topic: Advice on Ticket.  (Read 6745 times)

Murci-Me

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Advice on Ticket.
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2013, 04:37:08 AM »
I live around LA. I realy dont like LAPD or Sherriffs. lol.
that why i live in a city that has its own police department and no sheriffs.
The doctors note only works for so long. i know cus i had lazik surgery done.
Just hire a lawyer.. ticketclinic.
best way to deal with legal stuff is by hiring a lawyer and thats it. get done with it the right way.
Do you really think its cost effective to hire a lawyer to get out of a $25 ticket? I dont even think a lawyer will take on a fit-it ticket. This is not a moving violation, its considered a mechanical violation. Doesnt anybody see my point here? I showed up for court when I was told to, and they didnt. They hadnt even put the ticket into the system yet, thats why the court had no record of it. After the court date had passed they decided to log the ticket. The problem is, I never signed a "promise to appear" for their new court date, They just sent me a letter stating that I had to correct the violations and pay the fine by that new date. Yes I got the letter, but thats not the point. What if I didnt recieve the letter, for whatever reason? I would be driving around a month from now thinking everything was fine until I got pulled over for some reason (which happens almost every time im out in my lambo BTW). At that point, they would arrest me for a failure to appear, and impound my vehicle. I would have to post bail, and pay for the impound and tow fee, and im sure they wold F up my car somehow in the process for which they would deny it and not be held responsible anyway. All because they didnt do their duty to turn in the ticket in the first place, or notify me properly in a way to assure that I recieved the new date.
This is just an example of how law enforcement in this state uses their power to intentionally mess with people lives just because they can, and feed their need for power.
They have not heard the last of me I promise you.

solrac

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 52
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2013, 03:43:58 AM »
I live around LA. I realy dont like LAPD or Sherriffs. lol.
that why i live in a city that has its own police department and no sheriffs.
The doctors note only works for so long. i know cus i had lazik surgery done.
Just hire a lawyer.. ticketclinic.
best way to deal with legal stuff is by hiring a lawyer and thats it. get done with it the right way.

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2013, 03:34:47 AM »
Mike a dr letter stating you need the tint for medical reson/eye strain works

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2013, 12:44:24 AM »
In Nitemare's defense - he is a legit forum member. He got in our our group vent deal so I know he is for real. I think it is just that people who live in other states often have a different experience with cops. They have more respect for them because they are treated with more respect by them. Ask anyone who lives in L.A. what they think about cops and you're likely to get a very different perspective.
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

Murci-Me

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2013, 05:36:20 PM »
I have no problem complying with the law. I do have a problem with the way these morons use their badge to push people around. The volunteer probably couldnt pass the physical exam to be a cop, so the best he could do to satisfy his power trip is to work as a volunteer for the CHP.
I have had window tint violations before, I am well aware of what the law here in CA. allows (no tint at all). What I have a problem with is these people wasting my time. If the tint was in violation there had several opportunities to tell me  before, but never did. Its just a game for them, but unfortunately for them I have a few games to play myself.
I held up my end of the deal. They picked the date for me to appear, and I did. In any court of law, when one party doesnt show up to a scheduled court date they forfiet and lose. Had I not shown up on that day there would have been a warrant issued for my arreset.
So do i need to keep taking days off and losing money because they keep not showing up and then changing the date at random?
I cant believe there are people here who actually dont see anything wrong about this behavior, but I suspect they themselves are not who they appear to be, hiding behind a newbie account on a forum.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 09:57:29 PM by Murci-Me »

BigPines

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2013, 12:01:59 PM »
Yeah, I would have found out the maximum allowed tint before I did my windows too even though it is BS. That doesn't mean even if you are totally legal that you won't be harassed about it. I have seen it happen.

Let me give you a for instance. I was pulled over years ago by a woman officer. I only mention she was female because I suspect she was trying to prove she was just as tough (or tougher) than any male officer. She claimed she pulled me over because my brake lights weren't working. I easily proved that they WERE working and then she got frustrated and started walking around my car looking for things to cite me for. She complained about my door window "tint" and I had to prove I didn't have ANY tint! She was extremely agitated because she couldn't find anything to pin on me. She kept me there answering stupid questions for WAY too long. She ultimately let me go without a citation but she wasn't happy about it. So why did she want to give me a ticket so bad? Who knows? Maybe she didn't like the car I drove or the way I looked. The point is, she pulled me over without cause and then proceeded to waste my time harassing me and trying to find an excuse to use the law against me. This is just dishonorable and shows a lack of integrity. I have worse stories than that but I don't want to hijack this thread any more than I already have.

I guess you just can't understand my perspective until you have seen the kind of harassment I have seen and experienced.

...If someone wanted to be a police officer, do you expect them to move to a state with better laws? They aren't writing them just enforcing them...

Actually, yes I do. It is a matter of integrity. How can you enforce a law you know to be wrong? That is like saying nobody should be responsible for war crimes because at the time they committed the acts, they were completely within the law. Whatever our chosen occupations, each of us have the responsibility to say no if we are being asked to do something we know isn't right. Come to think of it, that may be one of the reasons there are less and less good cops. A lot of good people may have decided they couldn't in good conscience continue to do the job.

Hey, they have a tough job (I wouldn't want it) but they chose that job. The truth is, there is a certain type of personality that is often attracted to that job. They love power and they are anxious to use it. Sorry if there are any cops on here that I am offending. I am not known to be the most politically correct. For what it is worth, I know some good cops who actually agree with me.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 12:52:49 PM by BigPines »

Nitemare

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2013, 11:15:36 AM »
We have obvious plate laws and tint laws where I live. Don't know the exact tint but I wouldn't tint my windows without finding out first. If I did I might find myself in the same situation in any of the many states that have the same laws. Just saying.

What I meant by the A-hole thing is some times they are just doing their job and so many people have a problem with that. If someone wanted to be a police officer, do you expect them to move to a state with better laws? They aren't writing them just enforcing them, while you assume straight from the beginning that the guy is a moron for doing so - and that is before everything else happened.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 11:20:37 AM by Nitemare »

BigPines

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2013, 10:58:38 AM »
Yes, we need some laws to have a civilized society but we are way past that point. I'm also not saying there aren't any good cops out there but too many of them are a-holes who believe the law doesn't apply to them. I don't care if they are volunteer a-holes or they are paid a-holes. Hitler had a lot of volunteers too you know.

There are so many laws here, the average person has no way to know what the law is! I don't know what the exact law on tint is! Besides, are we to blindly obey every law? What about unconstitutional laws? Yes, we have some here in California.

Murci-Me's point is if the windows were a problem, he should have been told by the original citing officer. I agree. Even the volunteer CHP inspection a-hole didn't mention it until he could see that the original issue had been complied with. The truth is, this volunteer was purposefully looking for a reason not sign off on the car. So now if Mike complies with the tint, the volunteer may walk around the car looking for another technicality to harass him further and keep him jumping through hoops and wasting his time and money. Do you think that is right or fair? How is this making our society better? It is just plain abuse of power and harassment.

Unfortunately, I don't have any advice for you Mike. We are in a bad position here. These guys are jerks. They are probably just jealous of your car and they are taking out their frustrations on you.

What ever happened to protect and serve?

Nitemare

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2013, 10:16:11 AM »
they didnt send it registered mail so they have no proof I actually got the letter.

So what? You just said you got it. That sounded just as bad as them.

Imagine how the world would be without these "a-holes." Especially volunteers. Best way to avoid 'em is obey the law.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 10:18:56 AM by Nitemare »

Murci-Me

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2013, 11:26:30 PM »
That sux. But you have signed on the provisions that allow them to change date etc. when you got your Driver's License you signed a lot of your rights away  :-\

go to http://www.lasuperiorcourt.org/
do the online thing. check by DL.
u can just pay the ticket and never show up to court.
keep ure windows tinted and u already got the licent plate sign off so ure good after that

I have to show up, this is not a ticket than can be paid online. Its a fix-it ticket, it must be corrected and signed off, then the ticket presented to the court clerk and and a fine paid. I already took one day off work to appear on the ticket on the day I signed (promissed) to do so. Now I have to take another day off?

I haven't signed any of my rights away. I signed the original ticket which is a "promise to appear", and I kept my promise and appeared. The court had no record of the ticket, so they told me they couldnt hear the case. They gave me a slip to prove I did appear on the ticket the day THEY asked me to appear.
Now, they want to send me an unregistered letter with a new court date. As far as anybody knows, I never recieved the letter. Like I said before, I could very easily say I was working out of state and never saw the letter until after the new court date, if at all.
I never signed anything saying I promised to appear on the new date they set. They dont have any proof the letter was recieved by me since they didnt send it return receipt or registered mail that I would have signed for.

BigPines

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2013, 08:04:50 PM »
<rant>
Unfortunately, we live in an oppressive state where our government is completely out of control and at this point is running unchecked. Too often the police are basically a legalized criminal gang. There are tons of horror stories out there of planting evidence and illegal search and seizure. Not to mention murder of our citizens. With no warrant, they come in with Child Protective Services and literally steal people's children: http://en.rian.ru/russia/20130430/180915214.html They basically do anything they like. I personally can't wait to get out of the People's Republic of California. Don't believe the hype. This place is a mess. Then again, once the federal government turns the Department of Homeland Security into a national police force, it will make California's abuse of power look tame by comparison. >:(
</rant>

They are probably monitoring this post now. Don't be surprised if I turn up missing or killed in a freak accident in the near future. It won't be the first time. ::usa

solrac

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 52
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2013, 06:54:17 PM »
Get an attorney.. U will never have to show up to court. I've used one before cus I got a speeding ticket and I have a class A commercial DL.
He can fight for u to get it dismiss.
I've heard www.ticketclinic.com on the radio before

am33r

• Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2013, 06:42:19 PM »
That sux. But you have signed on the provisions that allow them to change date etc. when you got your Driver's License you signed a lot of your rights away  :-\

keep ure windows tinted and u already got the licent plate sign off so ure good after that

I have to show up, this is not a ticket than can be paid online. Its a fix-it ticket, it must be corrected and signed off, then the ticket presented to the court clerk and and a fine paid. I already took one day off work to appear on the ticket on the day I signed (promissed) to do so. Now I have to take another day off?

Murci-Me

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2013, 06:37:14 PM »

Murci-Me

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 06:29:19 PM »
Here's my dilemma though. I work for the studios, and go out of town ALOT. Sometimes i'm gone for 8 months at a time. By them sending me a letter in the mail to appear doesnt mean I got it. I could have been out of town, thrown it away accidentally thinking it was junkmail, or whatever. I signed the original ticket promissing to appear on or before the date on the ticket, which I DID. I never agreed to appear on the new date, and there is no way they can prove I was notified to do so.
Its not a matter of having the windows and license plates signed off, its paying the $25 fee for each item that iratates me.
Also, this has nothing to do with the DMV. I took my car to the CHP inspection station, they are the ones who were Aholes and wrote the additional ticket.
What really p*sses me off is that when I first took the car in, the jack@ss said nothing about the windows. When I brought the car back an hour later and the same moron looked at it, thats when he complained about the windows.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 06:31:44 PM by Murci-Me »