Author Topic: Murci G28 build "Chaos"  (Read 239316 times)

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
Re: Murci LP640 build named "Chaos"
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2012, 07:12:46 PM »
Some of us have looked at pics of the oem interior so much that we have to have the same look, but as for the hatch even I wouldn't notice the shocks and the angle of the hatch as it comes up isn't exactly oem. I didn't care too much about that. But I still have a lot of work to do on my hatch it doesn't line up very well :( It's all bodywork now. I bet some parts need to be reinforced on the bottom before sanding to match the body. I get ahead of myself and try doing a batwing when the hatch isn't done LOL

I can't tell you how many times I had visions of how I was going to build something but as I got into it, I realized that it wasnt going to work that way and I had to change directions.
Yeah Dustin looks like you're going to have to switch to right hand drive :D
j/k
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 07:23:58 PM by Tallon »

powerslave

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2012, 06:07:00 PM »
No Bull hit the nail on the head when he was talking about Murcie-Me's build because I can totally relate now that i'm into my build and spent a month trying to make my engine cover work, I can understand why people did things the way they did.  I fought that darn engine cover trying to position the hinges, latches, gas springs, narrowing it .75", blah, blah, blah.  It might not be 100% correct, but it's finally done and I can move onto the next hurdle.  I can't tell you how many times I had visions of how I was going to build something but as I got into it, I realized that it wasnt going to work that way and I had to change directions.

powerslave

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2012, 06:02:21 PM »
Another thing to note here is that there's only a handful of people that would look in our interior and say "HEY, that console is an inch narrower than OEM, and that angle is different."  I think that 95% of the people looking at our cars wouldnt know the difference between an OEM Murcie interior versus and Hyundai Sonata interior with a bull logo on the steering wheel and Lamborghini emblem on the dash, lol

Tallon

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2012, 04:48:56 PM »
The main part of the console I might be able to do but I'd never be able to do the top pieces or at least look like they are oem. Probably not worth trying. The g28 lid doesn't look the same and doesn't match oem console width I'm sure.

As for not being RHD, if you notice the left side has a straight edge for the handle and the opposite side goes narrow for the other piece so I'm thinking both sides have that circle. Compare to the oem interior pic.

I think the console looks just like it does in this picture.
< Flat edge   narrow edge >
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 05:19:01 PM by Tallon »

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2012, 04:38:22 PM »
I might know what is creating some of the confusion.  There are a bunch of mismatched and mixed up parts out there including OEM splashes and the original G24 & G28 parts.  The OEM splashed parts look the best however they were designed to work with everything else OEM in the car including the full width and seats of an original car.  One problem is that there are only a few builders that have actually got their car to the interior stages and dealt with fitting everything together.  I've heard many stories of builders giving up at this point and simply sell the car after seeing the estimates from the local interior shop.  Others have said to heck with it and used the G24 or G28 interior only to be unhappy with the results or find that the parts where mixed up by the maker of the body. 

Murci-Me will tell you first hand that his interior looks the way it does because of the late hours he spent in the garage remaking everything.  He's very reluctant to sell any parts because of the guys that are splashing everything without giving him any credit or profit from his hard work.  I think your console is and OEM splash that is correct for a left hand drive.  I say this because what appears to be the mounting area for the grab handle is on the passenger side which would be correct (see the area with the raised circle).  Maybe someone else can confirm this?  Don't be surprised if your door cards won't need reworked and most builders remake the instrument panel cover.  I've also heard of some builders either narrowing or widening the console to make it fit better in the different bodies (Fiero, MR2 and Boxster). 

The way I look at this, you are going to spend the same amount at the interior shop to cover a bad looking core as you will with a reworked and more original looking core so you might want to consider investing more on the foundation now.  Oh, by the way, the interior was one of the reasons that I decided to go with my race car theme.  I'll have less invested in trying to replicate a OEM interior and a lot of liberty in adding things that you'd expect to see in a race (toggle switches, fire extinguisher, carpet delete etc.) 

To each his / her own and you build what makes you happy.. it's your dream.  :)     

Chris
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 04:52:01 PM by No Bull »

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2012, 02:22:31 PM »
Here is a picture of a console that is close to the way mine is... The rear is the only problem you might have on duplicating your own

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2012, 02:07:08 PM »
Ive mocked mine up with the, rob built grab handle and the lower dash piece that goes under the steering column and they seemed to meet up ok with the console ???... However he has a OEM duplicate switch panel so most people unless they have some OEM parts may never know the difference in RHD vs LHD console.

The console would be a breeze to duplicate with dimensions. The only tricky part would be where the console bends back behind the seats. It would only be a problem if you are going for a OEM looking rear firewall (which you are) but nobody looks behind the seats. I've been looking for a rear picture of the console (cant find one)

OEM (No really its my interrior ;D)

My (other) interrior :-[

A few other pictures just for comparison reasons

« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 01:04:58 PM by usmc_butler »

Tallon

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2012, 12:03:00 PM »
Both console and plate but I figure if I could find the dimensions for the plate it could easily be made out of abs and then covered in carbon or whatever.
I shot him an email :)

I am wondering if the g28 dash handle and leg rest(?) fit against the console nicely? After it is modified to LHD that is. It looks like a lot has to be changed though, I wonder why no one is complaining that they can't use their parts from Rob? All the positive comments he gets on his website. I don't even think he has that many customers.

Oh never mind the seatbelt area is part of the firewall trim that no one's ever replicated. I was thinking of the part below that which I guess is part of the 3 piece lid.
I plan on doing the firewall interior like oem but of course you need the console to compare dimensions to.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 12:18:53 PM by Tallon »

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2012, 11:44:20 AM »
Ooh that's something I need :D the g28 console is so cheap looking. or g24 whatever they call it now.
Did it also come with the lid and seatbelt part?
Weird, I wonder why Rob sells RHD console  ???

I have no Idea why he sells them like that, its about like your door panels he made, its all supposed to fit but does it ???? We all know the answer...
You need a console? or the switch plate?

I have the 3 piece lids, lower piece that the lids go on and the console (for a RHD???) but nothing above where the seatbelt's go through...

Tallon

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2012, 11:18:12 AM »
Ooh that's something I need :D the g28 console is so cheap looking. or g24 whatever they call it now.
Did it also come with the lid and seatbelt part?
Weird, I wonder why Rob sells RHD console  ???
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 11:31:32 AM by Tallon »

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2012, 08:31:41 AM »
So last week I sent my interior to a friend to have checked out and turns out my console is for a right had drive car, WTH ??? weird...

"These pictures show the switch plate template in its proper position(black). And reversed( silver).  And as you can see it fits perfect backwards."

cementhead

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2012, 04:57:21 PM »
That's exactly what you need to do. My windshield was sitting higher than the roof. A lot of fun to fix lol. Keep up the good work the car looks great.

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2012, 10:40:02 AM »
So something like this minus the A-piller trim... I got this picture form his car (hope he doesn't mind) his car is amazing, he has done so much engineering to make it near perfect its unbelievable. I wish he would be a little more active over here 8)!

« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 10:43:09 AM by usmc_butler »

Tallon

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2012, 05:01:06 PM »
Oh and also for the upper track for the window that needs to be made: "Murcielago side glass / Power windows"

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2012, 01:27:03 PM »
I wasn't there but I will look it up, thanks for the info....

Here is one of my many other projects I drove to work today...
I have a build thread on it also, it is still far from being done