Author Topic: Murci G28 build "Chaos"  (Read 240522 times)

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
Re: Murci G28 build "Chaos"
« Reply #520 on: September 25, 2013, 10:29:38 AM »
Oh I asked awhile ago about them and he didn't have them even for himself. Nah there's always something going on with him. probably going to cut my loss and move on. I'm sure my money is long gone after all the money he spent.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 10:31:44 AM by Tallon »

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #519 on: September 25, 2013, 10:27:01 AM »
Yes Dustin, making these parts is time consuming, expensive and it takes experience and skill to do it correctly. Not to mention the health risks. Some people just don't have an appreciation for it and they think it should be cheap. It is educational to see how much effort it really is.

The car is looking great BTW!

Thank you and I agree im glad Tex took the time to show me all of this!

Nice where did the brows come from again? I am finished my head lights aside from those

I got them from John some time back, how's your build goin? Get any parts form John yet?

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #518 on: September 25, 2013, 10:22:54 AM »
Found the video, waiting on my new headlight buckets to arrive before I mount them so for now they are just sitting there. Does anybody know if both lights are supposed to stay on when the high beams are on? and if so how would I wire this without getting feedback?

« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 10:24:40 AM by usmc_butler »

Tallon

« Reply #517 on: September 25, 2013, 10:18:44 AM »
Nice where did the brows come from again? I am finished my head lights aside from those

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #516 on: September 25, 2013, 09:56:14 AM »
Last night I finally got all of my wiring finished. I now have headlights (high and low beam) signals to the headlight bucket and the front and rear bumpers all sealed in loom ready to finish the headlight buckets and install the OEM glass. I also started laying down the insulation.

I had a video of the headlights working but I must have deleted it...  ::scratch
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 10:03:44 AM by usmc_butler »

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #515 on: September 25, 2013, 09:43:27 AM »
Yes Dustin, making these parts is time consuming, expensive and it takes experience and skill to do it correctly. Not to mention the health risks. Some people just don't have an appreciation for it and they think it should be cheap. It is educational to see how much effort it really is.

The car is looking great BTW!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 10:04:09 AM by BigPines »
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #514 on: September 23, 2013, 08:23:15 PM »
Good job bro, those lights sure do look good.  You just forgot to do the hazards LOL!
Pedro

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #513 on: September 23, 2013, 08:18:36 PM »
Here is a video of both the LP640 tail lights hooked up & working correctly.

Replica LP640 Taillights

MDMurcy2

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
« Reply #512 on: September 23, 2013, 11:37:46 AM »
Looking So good!  I love those tail lights!   They will definitely compliment your build.  Very nice job on the hood frame.  Very clean work.   
Keep dreamin if you want to, I'm building mine!  And I'm almost done!

RT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 308
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-0
« Reply #511 on: September 23, 2013, 09:05:33 AM »
Lastly to end the weekend, I got my tail lights all wired up. I now have brake lights, reverse lights, driving lights & hooked up the OEM Tag lights. Still trying to get the eclipse column wiring diagram to find the signals  ::scratch.

I am using a Corvette steering column and had the problem of trying to find out the wiring from the column.  I bought a factory shop manual thinking that would help.  All it showed was all the wiring going into a body computer.  The results came out the ther side of the computer.  NO HELP AT ALL!
I took all the wires from the column and attached them to a terminal board.  Then I went down the line with a multi-meter to see which wires were connected through every iteration of switch position and listed them in a matrix of rows and columns.  It takes a lot of patience and thought to figure it out but you can find out which wire does what.
The other problem is, the wires used on mine were only meant to send signals to the body computer so they were small gauge, not suitable to actually power anything, especially headlights.  The solution is to have the wires send signals to relays and let the relay do the "heavy lifting".

RT

« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 09:11:15 AM by usmc_butler »
It isn't enough to want a Lambo, you have to want to BUILD A CAR.

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #510 on: September 23, 2013, 08:50:13 AM »
Lastly to end the weekend, I got my tail lights all wired up. I now have brake lights, reverse lights, driving lights & hooked up the OEM Tag lights. Still trying to get the eclipse column wiring diagram to find the signals  ::scratch.

Last picture is kinda crappy, I shot a video and this was taken of the video. It shows the backup lights working.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 08:52:40 AM by usmc_butler »

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #509 on: September 23, 2013, 08:46:41 AM »
While I was down there I was introduced to Norton panel bond adhesive. Words do not explain the fantastic use of this stuff, let me just say it is like Super Glue for building these cars  ::toothy! They make it in a 1 min 5 min and 15 min cure time and it works great, wont find anything that will hold a tighter grip, works great to hold something in place when you are working by yourself and don't have time to mix a batch of glass and hold it while it cures.

I used it on my inner framing for the hood this weekend. worked fantastic!

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #508 on: September 23, 2013, 08:39:44 AM »
Finally back from visiting Texas in Texas  ::tongue and he was gracious enough to show me some techniques to making parts molds. So im happy to say I learned a LOT hopefully soon I cant get some materials together and attempt to try this on my own. This is some of the stuff we were woking on while I was down there. Hopefully soon he can do a couple limited runs on these parts.

I want to add this takes a TON of time and materials to make these molds and parts, the waxing, PVA, curing time between coats, cutting the mold to get the part out, etc. There is a reason this stuff is priced the way it is. I was there 24 hours and only made 3 (small) molds and didn't get one part pulled. You can do the math on the time a $100 dollar part and the time it has had spent on it. So with this being said Tex hasn't touched his car in 2 months due to all of the parts he is making. So when he offers a limited run on parts, he does this to get the parts out and get back on his car. I just wanted to put this out there for the members that think parts "Splashing" is just running water over a part and "wala" there are 2 parts now  ::tongue there is slightly more involved  ::beers

Also I left several more parts there that we didn't get too so hopefully they will get molded as time permits.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 08:42:03 AM by usmc_butler »

Tallon

« Reply #507 on: September 20, 2013, 11:47:41 AM »
Interesting! good price

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)