Author Topic: Murci G28 build "Chaos"  (Read 240488 times)

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
Re: Murci G28 build "Chaos"
« Reply #550 on: October 07, 2013, 09:16:21 AM »
No, we are not sick of pictures! Keep them coming. It is looking great. :)
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #549 on: October 07, 2013, 08:59:44 AM »
I finally got the Chassis back on all 4's and installed more dynamat. There are a few more loose ends I want to tie up before reinstalling the body. I need to figure out a way to hook up the rear Fiero AC lines to the SC3800 series II AC compressor (ANY suggestions would be GREAT). I also went on a little joy ride last night to check temps and see how the headlights adjustments were going to work. Tomorrow will be seat belts installed, seats bolted in and all console pieces installed. Today getting the black tag removed and insurance. I would like to drive the chassis around for a week before setting the body on it to see how things are going to work. I know it needs to be aligned already.

Here are the pictures (can't post a update without pictures, right...) Im sure everyone is getting sic of seeing pictures..

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #548 on: October 03, 2013, 06:34:13 PM »
I figured that I was 75% there already and there is no telling how long Watson will be making the larger parts once he's caught up.  Windows were becoming a big deal to me and this is a problem on the G28.  I'll be able to use OEM window glass which will roll down all the way into the doors but also finding replacements will be lot easier (if not more expensive) in the event of a glass breakage.  I'm building my car to drive so these little fit and comfort items are important to me now and will pay off big time in the future (think of a getting caught in a rain storm with poorly fitting windows).

My build diary will pick up again once I get some things settled and I should be back at it sometime this winter.  You are certainly raising the bar on your build and giving me a lot to think about and consider on mine.

Chris

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #547 on: October 03, 2013, 03:15:20 PM »
Those Watson headlight buckets look awesome!

My set is on order with the rest of a Watson body and I've decided to take the plunge and rid myself of the majority of the CarKit G28 body.  I'll be retaining some of the roadster specific parts of the G28 but everything will be gone.   8)

Will be investing in OEM roadster side windows and a OEM windshield as soon as I can afford them.  I'm moving into my new shop soon and I'll have my new parts to work with and then the build diary continues.   ::thumbup 

Chris

Ya JW's parts speak for themselves he is the Vincent Van Gough of the fiberglass world, the guy is awesome at fiberglass, I have no idea how he made the little sides on each side if the bucket. The detail is astonishing I just hope he gets everyone caught up, I hate showing my parts when everyone else is still waiting...

Thats bad a$$ you took the plunge to go all OEM! There is no way I could do it now not after all the work I have done. Next build will be a OEM chassis car with a Watson body.

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #546 on: October 03, 2013, 03:08:35 PM »
Take some pictures of the back of them please.  I need to see how you are mounting your lights and how you plan to seal them up.  Did he give you the back piece to them also?  ::thumbup

Ill have to show you the plan on them, the back is just fiberglass so they are going to be interesting to say the least to mount. What I have done so far is make the plate that the actual lights mount too and the brackets that bolt to the chassis (so they can be removed if needed). Next the plan is to attach the bucket to the plate using the panel bond adhesive and then make the sides and lastly a removable panel in the back (to cover the wiring from the weather). Lastly after the headlights are adjusted I will run some flexible silicone around the the head of the lights to "seal" the leans and since it will be flexible slight adjustments that may need made will be easy.

I know may sound confusing but next week you will see more what Im taking about.

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #545 on: October 03, 2013, 01:32:16 PM »

My set is on order with the rest of a Watson body and I've decided to take the plunge and rid myself of the majority of the CarKit G28 body.  I'll be retaining some of the roadster specific parts of the G28 but everything will be gone.   8)

Will be investing in OEM roadster side windows and a OEM windshield as soon as I can afford them.  I'm moving into my new shop soon and I'll have my new parts to work with and then the build diary continues.   ::thumbup 

Chris

That's awesome news, congratulations!
Pedro

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #544 on: October 03, 2013, 01:25:46 PM »

Chris

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #543 on: October 03, 2013, 12:55:05 PM »
Take some pictures of the back of them please.  I need to see how you are mounting your lights and how you plan to seal them up.  Did he give you the back piece to them also?  ::thumbup
Pedro

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #542 on: October 03, 2013, 12:39:30 PM »
Thanks for the comments  ::salute In regard to the shocks I'll be getting a set from http://www.mcmaster.com/#gas-shocks/=orzy93 but for now I am just using a set of mini van hatch shocks for test

Got safety belt adjusters in and mocked up & JW headlight bucket in. OEM rings should be in by friday or saturday. Hopefully have then painted, sealed and adjusted in the next couple weeks.

AsantiLP

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 14
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #541 on: October 02, 2013, 11:01:12 AM »
Man your build will be one of the best for sure I can't wait to see it finished.I wanted to thank you for pointing me in the right direction when it came to headlights i bought P6 from a website nobody has them on ebay anymore you were right.I wanted to ask you where you got your door shocks?I am using roblp640 door frame inside my doors and need some shocks but son't know which ones to get because there is too many kinds on ebay and too many different lengths.This frame is pretty heavy I want the right showcks for the door to go up and down with ease.Also do you happen to have taillight buckets for sale if so how much.You can PM me.

IwantAMURCIE

• I'm building my dream....
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #540 on: October 01, 2013, 01:09:58 PM »
amazing!!! keep it up!! ::beers

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #539 on: October 01, 2013, 08:43:06 AM »
Ordered this ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Perforated-Upholstery-Leather-Cow-Hide-BKP91-/380716296806?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58a475aa66 ) last week and got it in last night. Got a chance to play around with it and see how it will work and lay down on the Arm rest pieces. I also ordered this ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/350877365244?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 ) to use on the console, dash, door cards, etc.

This was just a quick picture of how it lays down and looks on the arm rest piece. Last 2 pictures is how the OEM car looks.

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #538 on: September 30, 2013, 02:28:20 PM »
Not much weekend progress, Seat belts came in, sat the body back on real quick to get the headlight bucket assemblies in place and started on the mounting brackets that will hold the buckets/lights in place.

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #537 on: September 27, 2013, 11:19:38 AM »
I'm glad I have the same wheels, I plan to keep them they look great in black and keep the older lambo style they used to have on their cars when I became a fan as a kid

What finish are you going for??

Same here, for some reason I like these wheels a lot more than the newer style. 

Did you take out the bolts?  If not are you going to take out the bolts before you paint them?  Really can't tell by the picture if they are out or not.
Pedro

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #536 on: September 27, 2013, 09:22:24 AM »
I'm glad I have the same wheels, I plan to keep them they look great in black and keep the older lambo style they used to have on their cars when I became a fan as a kid

What finish are you going for??
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 09:25:13 AM by Tallon »