Author Topic: Murci G28 build "Chaos"  (Read 240520 times)

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
Re: Murci G28 build "Chaos"
« Reply #655 on: June 09, 2014, 10:39:52 AM »
Here is some work I've been doing on the plenums and mounting the OE throttle bodies. I still need to have a script cut and have the aluminum fins attached.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcDKGYzZDUU&feature=youtu.be
]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcDKGYzZDUU&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 11:24:29 AM by No Bull »

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #654 on: June 09, 2014, 10:37:05 AM »
I modified the bat wings and opening so they appeared to be more OEM looking. I also have a set of OEM batwing sides coming in the mail soon so the sides will fit much tighter against the body. As for the trailer, it pretty much sucked to fit the car on it with the side rockers on, I couldn't fit the car all the way on it without the rockers scraping. I had less then a inch cap on each side from touching the fenders. I wouldn't suggest hauling it vary far or fast like this! the trailer had quite a bit of wag in it going down the highway since all the weight was behind the axles  888o I don't have a suggestion on what trailer to buy unfortunately. I plan on just driving it home when I bring it back   ::headband    ::rocker  !!!

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #653 on: June 09, 2014, 10:27:55 AM »
Awesome progress!

Just noticed that your bat wings come down into the quarters further than a normal G28.  Did you make this mod or was it already changed on the body you bought?

Also, what is the width and length of the trailer you used to haul your car?  I borrowed my buddies trailer a couple of months ago and my car barely fit onto the trailer width wise.  I'm considering buying a trailer this month and yours appears to hold the car well.

Chris

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #652 on: June 09, 2014, 10:00:18 AM »
Visited Kelly sunday and worked for a few hours on the car while he is still finishing up on the BAD A$$ Diablo. Got a little bit done, I purchased a case of windshield urethane and started to seal all the gaps in the cab of the car. Worked a little on cutting and fitting the 3rd brake light (forgot to take the pic of it installed), test fit the fuel door bucket from the eclipse. The fuel door will actually mount from behind so you don't see the holes, etc. It will have a fit and Finnish just like original. Really hitting the rear of the car hard, getting the hatch and body lines all lined up, grills to fit with mounting points, bumper fitting as it should. Making progress but as stated before just not much to show after the major components are all on the car and functional...

Thanks to LP670Mike I ordered the quarter glass from the Scion so I don't have to use the lexan. That was a great find, glad to see members out turning a new page on finding good replacement parts! Big thanks for that  ::salute  :notworthy

lp670mike

• Lambo Mafia
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 282
  • Member Rating Points: +10/-0
« Reply #651 on: June 05, 2014, 02:36:58 PM »
Your car is looking Great! Keep up the awesome work.

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #650 on: June 05, 2014, 10:49:34 AM »
Here are some shots of the over head map lights and sunglass holder.

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #649 on: June 05, 2014, 10:47:48 AM »
Lots of things happening with the build just not much to show. Seems like once you get through all the big hurdles of getting the chassis stretched to the correct length and widened to the correct with and the body mounted for the last time and its running and driving, the little things start taking up so much time. I recently met up with a well known fellow builder in the Diablo world and he is going to be assisting me and coaching me through the rest of the build. I pulled my car up there a couple of weeks ago and have been meeting with him weekly working on the car. He has 1 Diablo he is finishing up for a guy and let me tell you it is NICE! Has a supercharged LS in it, just amazing, almost ready for paint.

I also received a few parts from Frank in the mail last week, all look pretty good, still missing the airbag cover for the steering wheel but that will ship soon. Talked to Mike Chase (murci-Me) and my door cards will ship this week, they are finished and John has all the parts done I ordered, although I did not order many parts they will need to be shipped freight and shipping is becoming an issue. 

Here are a few pictures of what I have what has been done and the big updates should start coming in in the next month. I am really shooting to have the car completed by this fall.  Thanks for all the followers and PM's always good to keep motivation through the slow times.  ::salute

Dustin

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #648 on: May 15, 2014, 02:06:59 PM »
I'm getting one of those consoles from Alan this week, I am very excited.  Now that you have this up it's going to make it much easier to put this together.  Do you know where you are getting the stencils for the buttons?

I have an idea but noting in stone yet ::study

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #647 on: May 15, 2014, 10:47:22 AM »
I'm getting one of those consoles from Alan this week, I am very excited.  Now that you have this up it's going to make it much easier to put this together.  Do you know where you are getting the stencils for the buttons?
Pedro

cmarens

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 36
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #646 on: May 15, 2014, 10:09:29 AM »
Looking at the wiring under your switch panel there was only one thing I could think of:

IT'S THE BLUE WIRE!!!! DON'T CUT THE RED WIRE!!!!!
Kind Regards,

Chris

Havemurci

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 89
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #645 on: May 15, 2014, 10:01:36 AM »
Nice!

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #644 on: May 15, 2014, 09:56:49 AM »
OK well pulled the car back into the shop for hopefully the final push to get it finished. Still waiting on parts from Frank (supposed to have been shipped?), John Watson (parts are shipping Monday the 19th) and Murci Me (parts will ship wednesday the 21st) , hopefully they will all come through and if not we will all know what there word means in the future.

Continuing on, last night I wired up my switch panel and got my e-gear and batwings all working as they should. Next week the car is going to my friend Kelly Hayes from Italian Designs he lives about 45 min from me. He has build several pretty famous Replica Diablo's like the Orange Crush car, John Cena's Diablo and several more. I have recruited him to assist me in finishing the car, he has a 4 month window open to where we can hopefully complete the build. With all of that being said I hope too have some major updates coming soon!

The switch panel buttons will be hidden by button covers that a certain somebody is working on, they will be painted black and have the stencil on them to look original, also the door locks don't go there that is all I had at the time to use for mock up. Setup is all pretty basic, just cut strap and panel bonded it to the back of the switch panel, drilled holes for switches, soldered wires and heat shrink to keep the connectors from contacting each other. as mentioned above the buttons will be covered by the original looking button covers. FYI the pictures of the switch panel isn't the one Frank said he sent this is one that I purchased from Alan due to needing to get this wired up.

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #643 on: May 08, 2014, 08:16:58 AM »
Slowly easing back into my build here lately. I have been selling a bunch of cars and boats I have acquired over the winter to buy another house so things have been slow on the build. I did get all of my order in from White Racing. In the next month I should be back into full swing on the home run stretch on the build. Im still waiting on final parts from John Watson hopefully he will be coming through for me soon   ::counfused Just a small update...

I ordered the older style Murci window switches and they sent me the new LP640 style which won't work in my switch panel. So I ordered the correct ones yesterday.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 08:25:26 AM by usmc_butler »

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #642 on: April 02, 2014, 01:37:54 PM »
Ok im not posting this on a seperate thread but I do want anybody to know in a couple days I will be ordering G28 door glass if anybody is interested let me know ASAP. I can't wait a couple weeks so payments will need to be made ASAP. PM me with any questions. This is the same glass Murci-Me sells. I'm not trying to make a dime on this I just want this to be a quick and easy deal for those of you that don't want to mess around.  ::wave

Dustin

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #641 on: April 01, 2014, 03:12:48 PM »
Adrian it is out of a BMW Ill have to go back and look for sure  ::beers