Author Topic: Murci G28 build "Chaos"  (Read 240459 times)

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
Re: Murci G28 build "Chaos"
« Reply #295 on: January 10, 2013, 08:10:03 AM »
There was a 1/4 inch difference between both A-pillars, the passenger side was slightly longer. My A-pillar mounts are exact length so I just trimmed 1/4 in off of the top of the passenger A-pillar to allow the top so sit correct.

Murci-Me

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #294 on: January 09, 2013, 05:48:32 PM »
Did you correct the differences in length between the two A pillars? My right pillar was almost an inch longer than the left. Was there a difference in yours?

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #293 on: January 09, 2013, 09:29:13 AM »
And last here is the E-gear plate SchulzeA built for me out of aluminum! I cant say how perfect this piece is, he does some FANTASTIC work (The one with the pits in it is the original one)

The last picture shows how thick this body is for anybody wondering. Lots of flaws in it but weak isn't one of them.

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #292 on: January 09, 2013, 09:24:44 AM »
Here is the modified upper windshield mount and a few other pictures. The tubing I used is 1" and fit very snug, pretty much perfect in the A-pillar area

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #291 on: January 09, 2013, 09:20:55 AM »
Im still undecided what exactly I am going to do with the rear bumper... I would love to get a OEM one from John or Jay I'm just worried about shipping it. So anyway if I do decide to go that route I will do a write up thread and "how to" so everyone knows the way I did mine...

Back to work on the car last night and finally got the paddle shifter 100% done! I went back and ordered a faster actuator and moved the pivot point in so it would shift faster and well it works well very fast!!!

Started to work on the windshield A-pillar support and reconstructing the whole upper area where the windshield will glue in down the road. Here are some pictures...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 12:19:22 PM by usmc_butler »

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #290 on: December 12, 2012, 09:44:43 AM »
I'm confused???  Legs....Back..... To be truthful, I've never looked to see how my wife lifted both bumpers!  ::thumbup

Jim
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
« Reply #289 on: December 12, 2012, 08:02:41 AM »
the G28 rear bumper is 1.5" give or take a 1/4" to long on the sides , so 2 choices are available ,either cut the rear wheel well opening in the top middle to add 1.5" there an behind the rear wheelwell opening remove 1.5" an glass it back together ...not 100% sure if the angle of the body line where it bolt back to the rear Quarters will need changing but if you make it this far the rest is easy. Other option is to move the whole wheel well opening back 1.5" ,this will require modifying the VERY rear section of the drivers side an passenger side scoops 

please photo shop guys Read this 3 times an make us a photo drawing example of the side of the G28 

Maybe AD John will let you get a Rear bumper at material cost to do this an if it look like a easy fix , he can sell more rear bumpers ,who ever do this will be The first to render a solution to the oversized G28 rear bumper .....waiting on the forum photo shop person to make us a drawing with both options.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 08:08:18 AM by italianknightrider »
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #288 on: December 12, 2012, 06:34:25 AM »
At 15 pounds per bumper.. does it really matter?  I think this was part of the joke  ::tongue

I'm really thinking about trying one of John's rear bumpers.  Now is the time to do it and since I'm wanting to separate these panels anyhow, this can actually make everything a little easier and I end up with a quality panel that in a place on the car where it's really needed.  Once everything ha been modified to accept a OEM style panel, future replacement due to damage becomes very easy and there are a lot more sources for parts.  Maybe not for everyone and certainly a "cost upper" and small delay in the build, but well worth it for me as I intend on keeping my car for a long time.

Chris

SchulzeA

« Reply #287 on: December 12, 2012, 02:57:06 AM »
Awesome
if I ever get to Johns I'd pick up both bumpers
Make sure to lift with your legs or have a friend help. Picking up 2 bumpers at the same time could be kinda heavy.  ::tongue

WTF??? Always lift with your BACK, not your legs!
My wife is a Chiropractor... Maybe she's mixed up because that's what she tells me.  ::duh

Murci-Me

« Reply #286 on: December 11, 2012, 10:04:59 PM »
Awesome
Make sure to lift with your legs or have a friend help. Picking up 2 bumpers at the same time could be kinda heavy.  ::tongue

WTF??? Always lift with your BACK, not your legs!

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #285 on: December 11, 2012, 01:38:59 PM »
More worried about how they're gonna fit in the car to get them home  :-[

SchulzeA

« Reply #284 on: December 11, 2012, 10:15:17 AM »
Awesome

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #283 on: December 11, 2012, 09:55:44 AM »
Awesome

Murci-Me

« Reply #282 on: December 04, 2012, 10:46:56 PM »
Just FYI, the OE bumper will fit the G28 bodies with no problems.
I too had replaced my G28 front bumper with an OEM (fiberglass), and the modifications to the fenders to accept it were minimal. Now its been cut up and reworked to become a 670 lol!

Mike, do you know if a rear OEM bumper can be made to fit a G28 with slight modifications?

Thanks,

Chris

Yes, the OE rear bumper will fit the G28 bodies. The modifications are mostly to get the G28 rear wheel openings to line up with the bumper, not to bad though.

Texas

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 39
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
  • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #281 on: December 04, 2012, 08:53:47 AM »
Looks good! And the side skirts are staight, Nice.