Author Topic: Murci G28 build "Chaos"  (Read 240494 times)

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
Re: Murci G28 build "Chaos"
« Reply #340 on: April 18, 2013, 08:30:23 AM »
Oh my lord, the driver door brings back nightmares  ::help. Keep on pushing on!
don't be quitting now  ::salute ur strength gives us strength  ::headbang

Thanks! Its feels pretty good to get back to work on the car. Its going to be a little slower then normal for a while on the build and no more OEM parts from here on out. Gotta get the budget under control  >:(

I stuck some parts on just to get a quick visual of how things are going to line up. Just as I thought the inner door is going to need trimmed several inches to fit the contour of the outer door.

am33r

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
« Reply #339 on: April 17, 2013, 04:50:29 PM »
don't be quitting now  ::salute ur strength gives us strength  ::headbang

LamboJayso

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Liked: 17
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-2
  • Experience is everything!
« Reply #338 on: April 17, 2013, 10:54:31 AM »
Oh my lord, the driver door brings back nightmares  ::help. Keep on pushing on!
-Jayso

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #337 on: April 17, 2013, 09:33:20 AM »
Here are the rest of the pictures that wouldn't attach to the last post.  ::beers

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #336 on: April 17, 2013, 09:31:59 AM »
Started framing both my inner doors and working on hinges. I would have had both mostly done last night except I ran out of wire  >:( I dont think they are as hard as everyone has talked about at this point (hell all this only took me 4 hours). Several problems I do see are the tops of the doors want to bow out real bad so stress cuts will be a MUST and getting the inner door trimmed to where it meets with the outer door will be the most difficult part I believe.

There is still lots of finishing work that will need to be done on both doors but this is all I could get done last night since my MIG ran out of wire.

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #335 on: April 17, 2013, 09:16:03 AM »
Well with all the interest people have shown in the build nobody has came up with the money  ::zzzzz Oh well continuing on  ::headbang.

I got some stuff in the mail yesterday. Starting my OEM engine cover soon just need 1 more intake plenum finally have all my throttle bodies (minus 1, on its way). They are off of a 2008 LP640.

Transcend

• Liked: 4
« Reply #334 on: April 09, 2013, 01:33:06 PM »
That seems like a better idea, just keep it for a while. It will be worth more in the end

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #333 on: April 09, 2013, 08:44:58 AM »
Thanks for all of the replies, I consider all of you my my friends and have helped me through this build and especially early in my build, thank you! Just a little bit of whats going on for the members that haven't PM'd me. I just don't have the time to work on the car as much as I would like, the last 6 to 8 months I have worked on it 1 day a week 6 hours a day and it is getting hard to get things done in that amount of time. I'm just dead set on making it so accurate that it is making me silly in the head ::duh As it is I have nearly every part to finnish the whole car and in most cases I have 2 of some parts (everyone knows I cant resist a good deal on parts). So with all of this being said, when I have time I will continue to slowly build on the car until I sell it and hopefully in a year or so I will have more time to start another build. This will give some new members a chance to get a good car with a great start, that I can hopefully watch on a build thread on the site. If it doesn't sell then no worries I don't owe any money on it and it is sitting under the cover and I can slowly work on it as time permits, Thanks again to everyone on the site you guys are all like my extended family  ::beers

Dustin
 ::LAMBO
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 08:46:39 AM by usmc_butler »

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #332 on: April 09, 2013, 08:28:01 AM »
That is very unfortunate , can the doors be mounted on before sale?

I might have 17k to spare ^^

Good mornin Transcend, I can frame and mount the inner doors before the sale. The only reason that I haven't done this yet is I was hoping to wait until the body was permanently attached so there wouldn't be any adjustment needed and I wouldn't mount the outer door to the inner door for 2 reasons; First would be for windows and regulators mounted and second would be for the same reason above, I wouldn't want to trim the door and take a chance on the body being moved 1/4 in one way or another. It should be 100 percent where it will sit however I was going to make a few more braces for the passenger and driver rockers and the back 1/4 area of the body. Again I have no problem framing mounting the inner door and latches, there should be some small adjustment in the hinges if the body needs moved slightly.

Transcend

• Liked: 4
« Reply #331 on: April 09, 2013, 01:54:03 AM »
That is very unfortunate , can the doors be mounted on before sale?

I might have 17k to spare ^^

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #330 on: April 08, 2013, 05:18:50 PM »
Wow my friend  :'(  I really can't believe your going to sell it.
Pedro

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #329 on: April 08, 2013, 05:05:52 PM »
I totally agree that $17k is an "AWESOME" price and if I was looking to get into a project, I wouldn't think twice about buying yours.

Sorry to see you thinking about selling her, but there are other and more important things in life that come first and you can always start another build later on.

Chris

jamack

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-2
« Reply #328 on: April 08, 2013, 02:37:22 PM »
That is a great price sorry to hear you are selling, wish it would have been for sale a few months ago, would have bought in a min.

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #327 on: April 08, 2013, 02:13:44 PM »
Sad to hear man

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #326 on: April 08, 2013, 12:13:10 PM »
It is with deep regret that I am tossing around the idea of selling my project. I would love to finnish it however life is pulling me in another direction right now. If I do decide to sell the car the full interior will not be included in the sale, it will be missing the center console, arm rest, and various other interior parts that are seen in this thread. The car does run and drive with the built SC3800 V6 with full paddle shift setup, body is very close to be permanently mounted (prob could now depending on bracing). Wide track front and rear suspension, custom axles, all OEM grills, bumpers, side skirts, lexan windows, 1/4 windows, LP640 engine hatch glass, LP640 taillights, OEM Murci Wheels, 13" Viper cross drilled and slotted rotor conversion. Just way to much to list, read the build if you have any questions or shoot me a PM. I will separate parts off the car to make the price right for a buyer. Ill sell everything I have for $17,000 OBO or if a person just wants the body, motor, tires and wheels (basically a rolling running car minus the OEM and AD Watson parts) ill sell it for $12,500. For any questions shoot me a PM. I have well over $30,000 invested in this car.

Dustin
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 12:43:10 PM by usmc_butler »