Author Topic: Murci G28 build "Chaos"  (Read 240467 times)

am33r

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
Re: Murci G28 build "Chaos"
« Reply #385 on: May 30, 2013, 04:58:22 PM »
Nice inner-hood  ::beers

btw did you make a rout for water which leaks in around the hood to escape.

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #384 on: May 30, 2013, 12:10:02 PM »
That inner hood looks really good, you guys made a wise choice in getting those.  Things like that really make a car look like a car and not a kit car. ::thumbup
Pedro

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #383 on: May 30, 2013, 11:20:27 AM »
Random progress and pictures, dry fitting the driver door, body and rocker mount pictures and inner hood trimmed.

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #382 on: May 24, 2013, 09:33:09 AM »
I was messing around and think I have decided to scrap this other complete Fiero I bought a while back since next time I will go with a custom chassis and noticed something interesting ::toothy... Behind the back glass of the Fireo on each side of the engine cover there are 2 access panels, one is for the battery and one is for the air cleaner. If you flip them over there is some wire mesh type stuff, if you pop the little clips out you have what looks like the Murcielago grill mesh for the passenger side scoop and both air intakes behind each quarter glass. Here are some pictures of what I am talking about. This if for all of you that don't want to fork over $125.00 for the 2 tiny, pressed grills that go behind the 1/4 glass and the $200 grills that go in the passenger scoop

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #381 on: May 24, 2013, 09:11:31 AM »
Are you talking about the engine cover louver glass? I would be interested to know who you found to make them. Are they local to you? The price doesn't sound bad to me.

Yes, the engine cover glass. A local glass shop has always made tempered flat glass for my older projects. Couple weeks ago they made the windshield for the 2" chopped model A I was building for $70 bucks. Side window in my 57 Chevy were $30 dollars a piece. All I needed was a templet and MUST BE FLAT not curved (so no door glass). I am also going to have them do my back window while they are doing the engine cover glass.

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #380 on: May 22, 2013, 09:41:30 AM »
Next, I moved the gas filler from the passenger to the driver side and worked on the batwings getting them to tuck into the body. Im getting anxious to get them working  ::headbang

I took your batwing motors to UPS this morning, I'll p.m. you the tracking information later on today.

I must say that every time you do something to your car it just keeps getting better and better, just keep it up even if the light at the end of the tunnel is faint right now, as you get closer it will get brighter.
Pedro

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #379 on: May 22, 2013, 09:27:43 AM »
...found a place to get real tempered glass made in place of the lexan for $130 bucks
Looks good!

Are you talking about the engine cover louver glass? I would be interested to know who you found to make them. Are they local to you? The price doesn't sound bad to me.
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #378 on: May 22, 2013, 09:02:56 AM »
To sum up the night, I got lots accomplished still a long way to go. Batwings still need the sides modified to be more OEM type (front side needs to be straight not an angle) and mounting points for functionality plus body work. Rear hatch still needs lots of finish body work, found a place to get real tempered glass made in place of the lexan for $130 bucks and last the fuel door still needs mounted hinged and fuel neck ran to it.

I cant wait to be doing things for the last time on this car unfortunately everything has to come back off to permanitly mount the chassis to body then if everything still lines up mount everything again and months of bodywork to follow.

I leave you with this "There is always light at the end of the tunnel its just how good your sight is to see it"

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #377 on: May 22, 2013, 08:53:54 AM »
Last I trimmed off the piece of metal I made to support the front bumper. I wasn't happy seeing it stick out further then the bumper even though it had a purpose. It is still there and completely supports the front bumper its just not seen as well.

The first few pictures are before and the last are after...

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #376 on: May 22, 2013, 08:44:01 AM »
Next, I moved the gas filler from the passenger to the driver side and worked on the batwings getting them to tuck into the body. Im getting anxious to get them working  ::headbang

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #375 on: May 22, 2013, 08:34:23 AM »
Last night I tried to see how many tasks I could start and not finnish  ::tongue So I started off working on the rear hatch using pictures of one on ebay as a guide (yellow one in pictures). I laid up some glass on the engine cover then removed all the metal that was in previous pictures, trimmed the access fiberglass off close to the OEM picture I had and slid the lexan in place.

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #374 on: May 20, 2013, 04:40:11 PM »
No not yet, got to figure out another issue right now. Seems the body line on the door doesnt go down far enough to meet up with the body line on the body... (SEE PICTURES) Might have to section the door or remake the body line on the door to match the new body line on the body...

You could also section the scoop and make it tall enough to come up to the body line.  I don't think it would be that noticable by anyone looking at it.

Chris

LamboJayso

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Liked: 17
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-2
  • Experience is everything!
« Reply #373 on: May 20, 2013, 10:39:41 AM »
Yup, you're going to have to cut the door in half horizontally. Welcome to doing bodywork on a G28.

-Jayso
-Jayso

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #372 on: May 20, 2013, 10:28:38 AM »
No not yet, got to figure out another issue right now. Seems the body line on the door doesnt go down far enough to meet up with the body line on the body... (SEE PICTURES) Might have to section the door or remake the body line on the door to match the new body line on the body...

LamboJayso

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Liked: 17
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-2
  • Experience is everything!
« Reply #371 on: May 20, 2013, 09:59:12 AM »
It's coming! You resolved the door/fender clearance issue?

-Jayso
-Jayso