Author Topic: Getting a Lambo replica inspected  (Read 4379 times)

jw9800

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 3
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Re: Getting a Lambo replica inspected
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2014, 04:10:32 PM »
Who knows when that will be, they could drag their feet for a long time. I think I'm just going to get it changed over. I want this fully running before summer.

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2014, 02:19:49 PM »
JW,
   Here is another thought. It is the intent of SEMA for the legislation that I mentioned earlier to be enacted by all states. It may well be already in the legislative process in Pa. You might want to check the status of this before you begin the long process of retitle only to find that the law changed the day after you completed the process. 

jw9800

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2014, 10:25:08 AM »
Ok, I just want to be sure I was seeing what you were. So I will have to go and have the title changed over.

Tantukka

• Liked: 8
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2014, 11:45:59 PM »
Here in Finland I can't ever register a modified fiero, or any cars. If U chop the roof, the car never get road legal etc.. Only way here to get the car road legal, is to use custom chassis, and make 1 car for personal use.. If make 2 or more, then need crash test etc.. But 1 cat, with custom chassis, it is possible.. Its because of that E-proof, or how to say it in english, not sure.. but because of it, nothing what is structural in car, can't be changed.
Finnluxury Tritium (FLT) body kit and chassis: https://www.facebook.com/finnluxury

76mx

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2014, 10:27:35 PM »
We are not saying it, Chapter 19 of the PA State Code is saying it. Hard to argue with that.

jw9800

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2014, 09:45:40 PM »
So you guys are pretty much saying that I need to get it re-titled as a specialty car?

Havemurci

• Liked: 89
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2014, 09:20:17 PM »
I'm in Phila. and Special constructed vehicle is the only way to go to avoid hassles with the police pulling you over for possible stolen vehicle. Once you alter the frame it's mandatory.
The upside is once you pass spec. con. registration there is no smog test requirement,only safety. Our cars have all required safety equipment except front bumper position.
Find a friendly station that will allow a less than reg bumper height and you're golden. This shop just installed my 3800sc, single chamber muffler,resonator tail piece. No cat,no problem.

RT

• Liked: 308
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-0
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2014, 06:41:32 PM »
Thanks, rotarycraig for the info and expertise.
I am an entire state away from you, just north of Philadelphia.
I was thinking of doing just that, talking with an approved shop.
There are plenty close-by according to the chart.
Do you have any other advice, tips, or hints to get things done?

RT
It isn't enough to want a Lambo, you have to want to BUILD A CAR.

rotarycraig

• Liked: 13
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2014, 06:24:09 PM »
Im in Pittsburgh, but I am a fleet tech. I only inspect our company vehicles, not privately owned cars. My advice is to goto the ehanced shops and talk with the inspectors. Let them know what your building, and they can advise you on what to have and expect while going through the process.

RT

• Liked: 308
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-0
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2014, 05:18:07 PM »
rotarycraig…
Where are you located in PA.
I will be going through this process for my build sometime this year.

RT
It isn't enough to want a Lambo, you have to want to BUILD A CAR.

rotarycraig

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 04:56:04 PM »
http://www.bipac.net/page.asp?content=streetrod_custom_bill&g=semaga

22 states. PA is NOT one of them. I have been out of the SEMA loop for a few years. ( was heavily involved when I was working the HOT IMPORT NIGHT shows and I actually had some article published in a now defunct mag) Guess its time to jump back in. Muight even try to get to convention this year.

76mx

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2014, 04:28:08 PM »
I could be wrong about this, but I thought the SEMA model legislation, which is intended to uniform and streamline this procedure nationwide, had finally been passed by all of the states. If so, that legislation would replace Chapter 19, although the wording is somewhat similar. If it has not been passed in PA, I urge you and any others to get involved with it now. This is very much in our best interest and there was great satisfaction as well as business advantage to me by having a part in the legislative process in Texas.   

rotarycraig

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 03:08:43 PM »
http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/067/chapter19/chap19toc.html

PA State Inspetion procedures. Your going to need to find an enhanced state inspection station. Goto Page 31 on this PDF and read it. http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/pdotforms/inspections/enhanced_si_guide.pdf.

http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/pdotforms/inspections/enhancedstations.pdf Link to enhanced inspection stations in PA. :D
Thank your PA licensed State Inspector (Me) for this!!!

LP640

• MURCI MAFIA
  • Liked: 36
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
  • LP640
    • Free Website
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 02:17:42 PM »
Yea, I dont think I had to do and inspection in ohio when i moved my fiero there 5 years ago.
Siteupp.com

dratts

• Liked: 14
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 02:14:36 PM »
I'm lucky enough to have never had an inspection.  I bought it on ebay from New Jersey and registered it in Idaho with just a vin verification.  Then I added the turbo ls4 and moved to Wa.  All Wa. wanted was a copy of my title to show that I had owned it for two years.  Thank God they didn't look at the car.  The turbo is rated off road only.  It is still titled as an 87 Fiero so it's smog exempt.  I've been stopped a few times, but it was never suggested that it was stolen.  I plan on returning to Calif for a visit this fall so if there is something I should be warned about I would love to know about it.