Author Topic: Getting a Lambo replica inspected  (Read 4378 times)

LP640

• MURCI MAFIA
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 36
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
  • LP640
    • Free Website
Re: Getting a Lambo replica inspected
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 02:02:52 PM »
good topic, im registered in CA as a fiero, but I think ill have that changed in a few years. That way when cops scan my plates they dont pull me over thinking its stolen, which I hear happens alot...
Siteupp.com

Digibeam

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 257
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
  • Show me, don't Tell me...
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 01:58:26 PM »
on that note,  scrap fieros can be had cheap that would still pass an inspection......then scrapped.... ::)

notnilc20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 174
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 12:45:31 PM »
I hate that. Why would they care about how it's titled. To them it should be just a modified fiero. Or if they ask you next time just tell them it's a real lambo. I thought all they tested was if the car had functioning turn signals, headlights, brake lights, and no cracks in the windshield and if your state requires a smog test.

If you continue to have problems you could offer them a dollar on the low low and say "maybe George might be able to convince you?" 

If that doesn't work you can take your Honda up there and get your sticker and then remove it and apply it to your lambo. Of course this is illegal too.  Good luck.

jw9800

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 3
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Getting a Lambo replica inspected
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 12:10:56 PM »
I'm having trouble getting my Lambo inspected. So far I have taken it to 2 shops and they say they don't want to touch it because:
A. It is still registered as a Fiero
B. A V8 engine in installed and thats not what a Fiero came with.
C. It has to have ALL the parts that the Fiero had, even if they are not connected to anything

These are some of the responses I got. So my question is, is it ok the have it titled as a Fiero or do you need to get it titled a different way?

Oh, I'm in PA by the way.