Author Topic: Re: Fiero motor dress-up  (Read 12989 times)

lambo_sam

• 3% CLUB MEMBER
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 149
  • Member Rating Points: +17/-0
  • So. Cal, living the lambo dream everyday!
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/147611676@N08/albums
Re: Fiero motor dress-up
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 04:07:09 PM »
Looking bad a$$ there Randy, It sucks that here in So Cal. the P ::police-P ::police's don't like colored Led lighting on the exterior of cars, they think it imitates an emergency vehicle, and give a fat ticket.

Fatboyslim

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 149
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
  • Lamborghini Addiction
Re: Fiero motor dress-up
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 01:18:31 AM »
Hi guys just wanted to give a helpful tip for any replica owners that still have a Fiero motor and want to make it look nicer. I have been rebuilding this Diablo and it still has the Fiero motor so i came up with a cool idea. Buy a sheet of 26ga sheetmetal and a brake from harbor freight tools and make 4 panels making bends at 45deg angles. then rivet them together, bondo the edges and paint black. Then i bought a cadillac motor cover that fits perfectly with 4 small brakets i made to bolt it down, i primered it and will paint it silver tomorow and put black lamborghini logos on it. Next i bought a can of black spray paint and "blacked -out" the Fiero motor. last i put a hi-perf air intake that was $20 at o'reillys on it and plumbed in the map sensor and vaccuum lines. All in all was pretty easy and cheap to make. it covers the engine compartment well and hides the Fiero intake and looks aggressive. Then i bought red LED lights for $10 from walmart and put inside the front air-scoops and it looks cool at night. Hope this helps some.  ::thumbup

randy
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 11:33:16 AM by Fatboyslim »