Author Topic: Lambo countach  (Read 1946 times)

Posey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 20
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
Re: Lambo countach
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2018, 06:33:32 PM »
I'm finishing up a Countach project and looking for some badging.  Bulls, Countach script, Design by badge to list a few.  Drop me a line .

Thanks

K9COP

• Liked: 3
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2018, 02:54:38 PM »
Hey bud, welcome along. I make all Countach replica parts and can supply genuine parts too. Badges, interior, lights etc, etc, you name it.  I'll try and upload a picture of a sample. I'm not on here that often, but if you send me a PM I'll send you an email address so we can communicate easier.

K9

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 09:01:06 PM »
Stylin, welcome, I can help with the wiper question. I have a unit that I use on Countaches as well as my Chupacabra project. I searched a long time before coming up with this yacht wiper from Norway. I will tell you about it but first a little Soapbox Rant for the Forum. There are two manufacturers of wiper assemblies in the US and all of the the Big Three use one or the other. Both told me that they could not help me. When I contacted the company in Norway, they said they would love to help, assigned me an engineer, and gave me the contact info for who the engineer answers to. If this was an isolated case it would be one thing, but this is a typical example of how the component sourcing went for the Chupacabra project. Now back to the wiper assembly, there are four things to know. First, a typical wiper motor runs at 60RPM, sweeps about 80 degrees, and has a 14" blade, making the tip of the blade cover about 36" per second. A giant single blade sweeps about 120 degrees, making the tip of the blade cover about 90" per second, and making it approach 100MPH while it changes direction 180 degrees twice a second. A standard motor will get you through inspection, and the car probably will not be driven much in the rain, but it will not hold up to that. You need a motor that can be slowed down and strong enough to handle a giant blade, which this one will. Whatever you do, make sure the motor is well anchored, the inertia is violent. Second, most off the shelf blades stop at 28", you need 32" and this one is. Third, there are several different splines and tapers for the arm to the shaft and several different connection methods for the arm and blade. This is a complete unit of motor, adjustable arm, and blade. Fourth, a stock assembly has a preset non changeable sweep, which is going to be too short. Some aftermarket units have an adjustable sweep in 15 degree increments. As precise as the geometry for this giant blade has to be, that is probably not close enough. This one has a cam which allows the sweep to be infinitely adjustable, with built in left or right park. The three pieces are $700, the blade has built in squirt for the windshield cleaner. The tank and pump is another $100.   
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 09:24:54 PM by 76mx »

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 10:57:38 AM »
Congratulations on the new purchase.  I really don't know much about building the Countach but it is a beautiful car, hopefully, one day I can build one also.  Add some pictures of your car!
Pedro

stylindmc

• Liked: 1
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Lambo countach
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 09:52:07 PM »
Hello everyone, Just purchase a tube frame countach that will be needing to be repainted, change the interior and all the details stuff.  What I would like to know is what wiper arm does everyone use and where to buy, also all the front and all the rear emblems. Also because they had use a viper dash I would like to know where to buy the dash and console parts.  This car has a targa top with no windows so and help on what glass and tracks to make it a functioning window.  I'm sure there will be more but I'm just getting started on my first kit car.  Ive own over 36 Porsches, a few ferrari's, 2 lotus esprits, a rolls royce and many mercedes.  I like the details to make this car look right.... oh ans with a 600hp small block he had added headers with straight pipes +@#$%!## . I am sure that will be just too loud.  What is the best exhaust to add to this type of set up and still sound good.  Thanks for all your help