Author Topic: Stolen Diablo  (Read 1458 times)

JJS SE30

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Liked: 19
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
Re: Stolen Diablo
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 02:59:19 PM »
Well you already made the stolen car report and no matter what you owe him he cannot hold your car.  He would have to go after you civilly for the money owed, if any, but it sounds like he owes you.  Due to the circumstances you need to take your stolen vehicle report, go to the prosecutors office and file the theft of vehicle or receiving stolen property on him.  When its a car its a felony and if the prosecutor seems to think it fits they will issue a warrant out for his arrest.  There are certain things that keep an issue like this in the civil arena, however, it sounds more like a criminal issue for you.  Hopefully your car is enter into LEADS as stolen.  Try this first.

Spyder3000gtvr4

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 3
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 09:17:31 PM »
When my diablo was stolen by Jim algers in  Northridge California I was young and in NY ironically it was IFG who told me to send it to him there wasn’t much I could do. However being older and robbed a few times I could tell you now what I’d do isn’t as PG. If law enforcement isn’t doing what you feel is adequate after talking to a lawyer of course. personally keeping it PG for the forum I’d hire a “PI” to tale him eventually you will find what your looking for.

eddie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 285
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 07:37:22 PM »
that sucks, see how long they been in biz? Man you never know whats up next day.let the police and Insurance deal with it. don't panic or go on rampage,

88.5countach

• Liked: 56
  • Member Rating Points: +11/-0
    • 88.5 Countach's Website (Lamborghini Countach Replica)
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 12:41:14 PM »
That awful news.  Sorry to hear that.  Not sure I can help much from up in Canada but will keep an eye out for what's for sale.  Have any pics of what it last looked like?  These forum's are global a fellow member maybe able to help.

AdrianBurton

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 202
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 07:18:38 AM »
Get the police involved and talk to an atty immediately

CCIE

• Liked: 96
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
Stolen Diablo
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 10:07:38 PM »
Need Advise!

I took my Diablo for some body work to a small body shop that was refereed to me, I also did some googling to make sure of the past work that was done by the body shop. Well the body shop owner was evicted and he took my Diablo to god knows where and wont release it to me. He keeps telling me that I owe him $ for work done, (I had already paid him $2500 deposit). I have already communicated with him many times that I will pay what I owe as long as he shows me the progress of the work and to let me know where my car is but he wont release the address nor any info as to what the work was done including any pic nor what the remaining bill is. I have already filed a stolen car report with the  county Sheriff. They have already assigned a Detective but the process is slow.
What are my options? Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.
Any thoughts of a good repo companies that could retrieve my Diablo?

Thanks
CCIE