The Forum > Lessons Learned - Advice to Newbies

How much of a donor car needs to remain

(1/3) > >>

Neils88:
I'm confused why people are complaining about the question. This is a forum for replica builders. Perfectly valid question that many readers/ potential builders will be wondering about. Ultimately details must come from a local DMV, but this should be the place where others can talk about their experiences and help point people in the right direction. The only bad question is an unasked question.

Footcutter:

--- Quote from: 01Lambiero on December 10, 2018, 11:40:14 AM ---
--- Quote from: Footcutter on December 09, 2018, 01:39:53 PM ---I do not have a Fiero, nor am I a fool.  I just wanted to get others opinions.  Neils88 seems to have the correct advice.

--- End quote ---

Maybe you could have checked your DMV first if you wanted the "correct answers"?

--- End quote ---

I did.  Got a lot of "I don't know."  Don't think they deal with a ton of homebuilt cars here in Colorado.  I appreciate all the opinions and advice, other than I am a fool.

01Lambiero:

--- Quote from: Footcutter on December 09, 2018, 01:39:53 PM ---I do not have a Fiero, nor am I a fool.  I just wanted to get others opinions.  Neils88 seems to have the correct advice.

--- End quote ---

Maybe you could have checked your DMV first if you wanted the "correct answers"?

eddie:
Neil I have my registered as  KIT brand none, ( brand none= clean title)) in Ontario and at that time was no need for Emission test. anyway Ontario as of April 2019
any  cars need no test, only heave machinery  . and Hagerty classic insurance operates here too and my buddy has lambo pays like 700$ a year 55K value

Footcutter:

--- Quote from: eddie on December 09, 2018, 09:29:02 AM ---so you want to register as FIERO? due to insurance cost? you are fool buddy. when even in small accident insurance will not pay for and you'll be charge as fraud . so you spend thousands of buckaroos on build and shy on less the thousand on insurance . I don'  get it. i'm sure every state has its own laws on registering ,so before you jump on building your show off KIT CAR, do some research first. Man I hear of all the years of horror stories about kit and insurance. think twice about Fiero registering. go by the law in your state!

--- End quote ---

I do not have a Fiero, nor am I a fool.  I just wanted to get others opinions.  Neils88 seems to have the correct advice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version