Author Topic: Diablo coupe for sale cheap!  (Read 4278 times)

Ccemn1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 22
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
Re: Diablo coupe for sale cheap!
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2019, 04:53:29 PM »
Sold it.

Supercobra

• Liked: 10
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2019, 04:48:57 PM »
Did you sell yours or did you decide to keep it and put a 3.8 in it?

Ccemn1

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2019, 01:57:56 PM »
I was quite happy with the standard 2.8.
Very much looking forward to the 3.8 SC though. Almost twice the HP!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6lyi8ZbBf8

VF1Skullangel

• Liked: 9
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2019, 01:40:10 PM »
I have done a v8 install in my replicas.. besides the prestige it gets you nothing....
O ya... it also gets you heartburn and headaches while its been upgraded. You take it to a wrong mechanic it will cost you a ton. and years. Expect to pay thousands, Most buyers will pass up a standard fiero engine for a 3800SC or a v8 any day. But with the v8 also comes ton of headaches. I am dealing with vapor lock in one of my car. Its all a personal preference..... By the way Roadster's are also not the easiest to get in and out off. They also have a tendency to bend over time so alignment gets whacked over time. With Replicas you can get crazy with upgrades, it becomes "my balls are bigger the your balls (WHAT!!!!! talking about soccer ball sheeeshhhhh), Although I have learned that its not what you own its how you enjoy using it.

CCIE

exactly. I love the 3800 SC and when the time comes I want one in mine. But you don't need a V8 swap in these cars like most guys where doing back in the 90's spending 5k-10k in additional to the build cost. As ive said before you can get a turbo kit for the 2.8 if you wanna go faster and that's probably the best option without spending an ungodly amount of money, plus do you really need that much HP? if you did you'd have to really think about is this the right car for you. They've got GT40's, GTM's that are built for speed now a days. These replicas are more for show. Intend to buy a replica and hopefully have a fast Corvette or Supra for speed.

VF1Skullangel

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2019, 01:36:37 PM »
O.K., if the owner of the car replaced the engine, how much do you think he would spend? And keeping in mind that he is having difficulty finding someone with $20,000 cash on hand, how much should he ask after the engine change? Or, if I bought the car intending to flip it, how much do you think I would spend in time and money to change the engine myself, and how much do you think that would add to my asking price?

realistically the car would fetch 15-17k but now a days you don't need a v8 swap on these cars. That's why they sell Ebay turbo kits for $500

VF1Skullangel

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2019, 01:34:36 PM »
not bad but that engine got to go i can beat it with my honda!

Those old 2.8's can easily be built to run much faster. id say its still a decent buy for anyone. id grab it for myself if I could and stick an ebay turbo on it. should be more than enough for what you wanna do.

Ccemn1

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2019, 04:59:53 PM »
No Diablo is easy to get in & out of, but I do find the Roadster a lot easier. I've been in them.
There's a guy on here up near Chicago, who has a tube frame Roadster he said he was selling. I'm not sure if he's stuck with the weather, or what, but I'm having a hard time getting a hold of him. Another guy in Miami with a tube frame Roadster & LS2, that I've driven in, but he wants $98K for his, and though it's a beautiful car, I think I'd get a real Gallardo Spyder, before I would spend that much on a replica.

CCIE

• Liked: 96
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2019, 10:55:26 AM »
I have done a v8 install in my replicas.. besides the prestige it gets you nothing....
O ya... it also gets you heartburn and headaches while its been upgraded. You take it to a wrong mechanic it will cost you a ton. and years. Expect to pay thousands, Most buyers will pass up a standard fiero engine for a 3800SC or a v8 any day. But with the v8 also comes ton of headaches. I am dealing with vapor lock in one of my car. Its all a personal preference..... By the way Roadster's are also not the easiest to get in and out off. They also have a tendency to bend over time so alignment gets whacked over time. With Replicas you can get crazy with upgrades, it becomes "my balls are bigger the your balls (WHAT!!!!! talking about soccer ball sheeeshhhhh), Although I have learned that its not what you own its how you enjoy using it.

CCIE
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 10:59:37 AM by CCIE »

Ccemn1

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2019, 08:29:15 AM »
Don't really understand what you guys are talking about? The 2.8 liter V-6 is fine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6lyi8ZbBf8
My motorcycle is infinitely faster than your Honda, or any other Lambo replica here. If you're looking for fast, go to two wheels.
I bought the car because it's beautiful. Gives me a chubby just walking into my garage and seeing it there. Don't have a clue what an engine swap would cost, but in my opinion, it would be a foolish waste. I'm selling the car because I'm 68 years old, arthritic, and have a little trouble getting in & out of it, which would be lessened by a Roadster. Plus, I live in Key West, where it's always sunny and warm, so I want a convertible!

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2019, 10:16:14 PM »
O.K., if the owner of the car replaced the engine, how much do you think he would spend? And keeping in mind that he is having difficulty finding someone with $20,000 cash on hand, how much should he ask after the engine change? Or, if I bought the car intending to flip it, how much do you think I would spend in time and money to change the engine myself, and how much do you think that would add to my asking price?

Jesse102

• Liked: 8
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2019, 12:33:46 PM »
not bad but that engine got to go i can beat it with my honda!

VF1Skullangel

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2019, 11:28:01 AM »
I've only had one, what I thought was a serious inquire, but I now believe it was an attempted scam, because as soon as I said the car doesn't leave my home until I get a wire transfer from a bank, crickets!
Probably thought he could send me a bogus cashiers check, have the car picked up, and be in the wind before I found out the check was no good.

Yeah definitely don’t let that car leave until funds clear!

Ccemn1

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2019, 06:34:38 PM »
I've only had one, what I thought was a serious inquire, but I now believe it was an attempted scam, because as soon as I said the car doesn't leave my home until I get a wire transfer from a bank, crickets!
Probably thought he could send me a bogus cashiers check, have the car picked up, and be in the wind before I found out the check was no good.

76mx

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2019, 06:17:22 PM »
Ccemn,
   I am interested but do not have the time to pursue this right now. I have just confirmed my schedule to be out of the country for the next 3-4 weeks. I will see if it is still available when I get back, if it is I will be surprised, if it is not I certainly understand.

76mx

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 08:00:27 PM »
Thank you, will be back in touch tomorrow afternoon.