Author Topic: Wanted: Lambo in Canada  (Read 8819 times)

RT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 308
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-0
Re: Wanted: Lambo in Canada
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2019, 09:07:09 PM »
Lambolegend...
I created new ends on a cable when I needed to be able to pull knowing it wouldn't come off.
Get an uninsulated crimp-on wire terminal large enough to fit over the cable that has been folded over 180* (doubled back).  Fold the cable back and slip it into the crimp part of the terminal end.  Crimp and solder the cable into the terminal end and cut off the loop or forked part of the terminal end leaving just the crimped part.
This has worked well for me.

RT
It isn't enough to want a Lambo, you have to want to BUILD A CAR.

88.5countach

• Liked: 56
  • Member Rating Points: +11/-0
    • 88.5 Countach's Website (Lamborghini Countach Replica)
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2019, 03:00:37 PM »
SUCCESS! I was able to get front trunk open. The cable looks like it's missing the end that keeps it in the release. I put a bolt on it for now, but is there something that should be crimped on? Thanks again for the help.

Congrad's that's exactly how you you figure it out.  It was build some how, so you know you can fix it.  That's a big hurdle over come, take your time and you'll solve the air lift as well.  Checking the switch is a good start then start to follow those wires, maybe to a bad fuse or bad relay or they got disconnected, maybe shorted but you should find a fault as you trace it.  This is way easier said than done and it may mean some disassembly, just document as you go so you'll remember how to put it all back.

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2019, 01:29:38 PM »
1.  Find a replacement cable and install it or buy a correct length cable at a bicycle shop with the correct ends already installed.
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

diablodoc

• Liked: 28
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2019, 08:29:46 AM »
Your local hardware store should have replacement barrels that have a screw in the end to clamp down on the wire.

Lambolegend

• Liked: 3
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2019, 02:58:45 PM »
SUCCESS! I was able to get front trunk open. The cable looks like it's missing the end that keeps it in the release. I put a bolt on it for now, but is there something that should be crimped on? Thanks again for the help.

Lambolegend

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2019, 03:15:40 PM »
Yes I will try that tomorrow. I can put it on a lift and check it out.

99svmonterey

• Liked: 9
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2019, 12:51:04 PM »
On the Autotrader.ca listing for your car their was a pic of the car on a lift. There looked to be a sheet metal panel possibly bolted under the front bumper to seal off the front area. If it can be removed would you be able to get at the latch much like Eddie has done with his access panel? It would depend if the front of the trunk compartment blocks access to the latch I suppose. Just a thought.

eddie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 286
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2019, 09:33:52 AM »
ah on that latch you have to push forward the safety catch ( hook) when does first popped up.I guess you know but anyway I thought I'll mention

eddie

« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2019, 09:26:45 AM »
I did on my Diablo cut out 3 X 3 hole and sealed and bolted from bottom  below  the latch.this way, as you have i can jack up front unbolt the plate and  release by hand .

Lambolegend

« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2019, 09:20:09 AM »
Of course and I'm ready to do the work, thanks for the input. I was able to get the compressor to run and it sounds like it is filling the tank, but nothing happens when I push the button on dash. So my next step would probably be to check switch. As for the latch I assume based on the picture you sent, the if I can get something in there and pull forward it should release?
This will be a hobby but I'm taking extra time since it's all new. I also guess I open a thread for these questions in a different section.

eddie

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2019, 09:04:06 AM »
Lambolegend just had a coffee with Joe, air did worked. there must be some electrical issue, as for the  front hood he use VW latch .  people who buys turn key kit cars ,thinks as factory build any production car. Kit cars are made of bunch of donor parts and there's always something that has to be looked after. it's an hobby for life

eddie

« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2019, 07:56:06 PM »
lambolegend I'm located in Thornhill, i do not work on my car during week days only weekends after lunch ,way too busy plus doing stuff around the house.

Lambolegend

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2019, 06:57:20 PM »
Update: I was able to get the compressor to work, however nothing to raise the car. I assume it's the button on the dash??
Also with the neighbours help we pulled and pulled and played with the front hood with no luck on opening the hood. I'm open to suggestions hopefully one that won't scratch the paint.
Thanks for all the advice.

Lambolegend

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2019, 09:47:16 AM »
Thanks, I will try those suggestions. Eddie, I understand we aren't too far apart, I would love to meet and pick your brain a little.

99svmonterey

• Liked: 9
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2019, 09:05:04 AM »
It sounds like the latch mechanism is stuck if the cable will move. As Eddie said the pin may be off center with the receiver enough that it is jamming. Maybe clamp vice grips on the end of cable so you can get a good pull on it while you have someone pushing down or pulling up on bonnet.
For the air lift I would locate the compressor and work back from there. There should be a relay between it and the switch. You could run 2 test wires from a battery direct to the compressor to see if it will power up. If it does you know you likely have a wiring, relay or fuse issue.