Author Topic: Wanted: Lambo in Canada  (Read 8835 times)

Lambolegend

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 3
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Re: Wanted: Lambo in Canada
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2019, 07:31:10 PM »
Wow thanks for the feedback  Eddie, but now brings up so many more questions. I would love to have a conversation with Joe. Especially since the current owner doesn't seem to know much about the car. Like does it have air suspension to lower or raise the car? Would an engine cover fit on this car to make it look more like a lambo engine? Did all the buttons on the console work at one time? If so what did they do? Currently the power locks and stereo don't work, are they on the same circuit? I'd be willing to put an offer on the car and do what it takes to bring it back to it's glory with a some guidance.

eddie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 286
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2019, 06:33:09 AM »
couple more pictures. HE   just finished 46 flat head Tractor again dump it for less,

eddie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 286
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2019, 06:17:37 AM »
good morning, that Yellow Roadster was build to very high quality,Joe spend in to 92K CAN $ excluding his labor time, when finished he put on maybe 1500KM  (1K miles), most of the time car was garaged in his work shop .when the man bought it car had small tire leak,He  replace B/N sets for him Pirelli and he give me the old tires . he is an older gentleman retired and build many cars just to keep him busy and then sells almost for nothing, I said many time to him Joe if I knew you are going to sell your roadster I would wait and not build my and bought yours.
that goes sad, when I sold mine 25th   3 owners had it, recently I asked for picture of interior for some one , I cried the way it was bad and dirty , food and cans all over interior peeling etc. WHY ? because they did not build it don't know what it take to do one!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 06:19:29 AM by eddie »

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2019, 12:11:23 PM »
Ooops!  I lost track as to who was looking for a replica.  You didn't mention the engine / trans package.  Longitude or transverse?  Power steering?  Custom chassis? 

20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

99svmonterey

• Liked: 9
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2019, 07:01:25 PM »
I believe he was referring to me but neither of dissed the car. We have both acknowledged this was a quality build. The original builder was named Joe I believe and he is a friend of Eddie on the forum here. Both Eddie and Jim Dinner know the car and confirmed to me when the car was for sale last year it was well built.
That was 11 years ago though which is stated by the current owner in his ad along with a list of things the car needs repaired. Lambolegend has viewed the car and pointed out other issues he observed that weren't mentioned in the ad. Combine all these things together and I think most people would agree you have a car that is simply showing it's age. That's not a diss, just stating facts. After 11 years a refresh of some items is to be expected to bring it back to just built condition.
It was listed for $55,000 last year for a while then reduced to $50,000. It was listed again this year for $50,000 and now it's been reduced to $43,000 for a while. It appears the market thinks that the price is still a bit too high for it's current condition or else it would have been snapped up a long time ago. I was surprised myself it was still listed.I live 2000 km away and was debating on flying to see it which is why I asked about it in the first place.

Lambolegend

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2019, 04:57:30 PM »
Why are you dissing a replica that you haven't even seen? 

Not sure who you are directing this to? I can assure you that I meant no disrespect in my description. My second sentence is that I drove the car. I had spent at least an hour maybe more looking over that car. I haven't completely given up on the car. Since it is so difficult to get a replica or clone in Canada, I am keeping an eye on it and if the price drops a little a may go pick it up.

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2019, 11:07:38 AM »
Why are you dissing a replica that you haven't even seen? 

20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

99svmonterey

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2019, 09:44:01 PM »
Thanks for the reply. Sounds like it is showing it's age which is probably why it hasn't sold. If it needs an interior overhaul, repaint and numerous maintenance repairs it definitely isn't a $43,000 car currently. Like you said, for a better price it would be a nice refresh project.

Lambolegend

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2019, 10:42:22 AM »
I believe it was a quality build. I drove it in the parking lot of the mall and it seemed nice. The steering was stiff which concerned me a little but I imagine cars back then are a little stiff. There was a good paint chip inside the driver door which I believe is from people who don't know how to close lambo doors properly. There was a few stress cracks in the body but I think that has to do with age. The interior was my biggest concern. The vinyl on centre console and around glove box was all peeling, sound system didn't work. Couldn't open a vent. I think the car has an air ride suspension but we couldn't get it to work. It was a tight fit, if you are 6 feet or over forget about it. But I imagine that's with all Diablos? Plus all the stuff he mentioned that weren't working. It's all repairable stuff, but at that price I hesitated. If it were a manual transmission I probably would have put in an offer.

99svmonterey

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 10:00:47 AM »
How would you rate the yellow roadster you saw on a scale of 1 to 10?
It was a high quality build originally from what I have heard. That was 11 years ago though. Curious how well it has been maintained over the years.

Lambolegend

Wanted: Lambo in Canada
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 08:17:21 AM »
Looking for a lambo replica in Canada. preferably Diablo or newer style.
Went to see the one in Mississauga, it was nice but automatic. Not sure if it was worth the money.
I'm handy but more of a backyard mechanic so I can do some things but looking more for a complete or almost complete build.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks