Author Topic: NAERC Front Suspension Springs  (Read 2197 times)

RStaggs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 30
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
Re: NAERC Front Suspension Springs
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 10:42:28 PM »
What coil over/spring set up are you using? The plans call for 10'' coil over w/ ball joint ends, w/ 8'' 400lbs spring. If you chassis was built to speck... you`ll NEED coil overs with ball joint ends. Because, the coil over movement path, is not straight! Some guys use a poly bushing coil over, and move/make an upper coil over mounting bracket.

I`m using a 12'' QA1 coil over w/ a 10'' 500lbs Eibach springs. I reengineered the upper a-arm, ball joint bushing pitched 7* now I have full range of motion without any binding. Reengineered the coil over attach points, on the upper a-arm (pitched it towards the cockpit) and change the upper mount, for a straight path, eliminating the need for ball joint ends. Note: 10'' spring is difficult to get on, and installed.

My setup is not tested. So I don't know how much help I can give you?

CCIE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 96
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
NAERC Front Suspension Springs
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 04:11:03 PM »
All.....

My NAERC Chaise Diablo 60 front end is very low and the back end is set high. Though the Diablo looks very aggressive, this is not practical as I keep damaging my front end. I have raised the front shocks as high as I can, I was told that I should consider installing firmer springs or replace the shocks/springs all together for better quality then what came with the NAERC kit. Any suggestions as to what springs or shock/springs combo I should replace it with also has anyone modified the stock NAERC airbags for better ride clearance? What did you use and what was the mods? All feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
CCIE
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 04:12:57 PM by CCIE »