The Forum > Lessons Learned - Advice to Newbies

LP640 Future build

(1/8) > >>

autopro:

--- Quote from: jdinner on May 26, 2012, 08:35:50 PM ---With your wheels on, lower your chassis to the floor and set the bottom of the frame at 5 to 6 inches off ground. Measure your bolt to bolt on the shock mounts. It should be around 12 inches. If it is then you need 10" compressed-14" extended.

--- End quote ---

Perfect! This makes a lot of sense, here I was worried that I had to get those before I started building the chassis, I'm glad I didn't.
Thanks for your help guys :)

jdinner:
With your wheels on, lower your chassis to the floor and set the bottom of the frame at 5 to 6 inches off ground. Measure your bolt to bolt on the shock mounts. It should be around 12 inches. If it is then you need 10" compressed-14" extended.

autopro:

--- Quote from: Tallon on May 26, 2012, 06:29:22 PM ---I use QA1 shocks I think the specs go by the weight of the chassis but I don't think it matters so much that you have to get an exact spec setup

--- End quote ---

My main question on these is that there seems to be many different models, they all have a different compressed and extended height.  What I need to know is those two values.  These are the ones I was looking at
http://www.ebay.com/itm/QA1-Proma-Star-Drag-Shocks-DR4855B-DS401-Adjustable-Pr-/200629724651?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2eb676a5eb

autopro:

--- Quote from: eddie on May 26, 2012, 06:02:18 PM ---My bad, you are right, the first is just basic tube chassis,the second is replica chassis and that is a replica . I asked Jim. see you learn everyday, i did not know that.
that's why mine use 10" 6 coil overs.

--- End quote ---

OK, so I noticed that yours have the rubber bushings on the ends and I was looking for the ones with a ball rod end like these
http://www.ebay.com/itm/120908392001?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

That is what it calls for on the chassis list, do you think it makes a big difference?

Tallon:
I use QA1 shocks I think the specs go by the weight of the chassis but I don't think it matters so much that you have to get an exact spec setup

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version