Author Topic: does any body have the lp640 exhaust tip  (Read 11337 times)

am33r

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
Re: does any body have the lp640 exhaust tip
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2013, 05:13:38 PM »
I asked them if they would make the hexagon in different dimentions!
http://www.monsterhooksinc.com/Products.html

Meanwhile look what I made  ::headbang If someone can improve on this or come up with anything hexagon looking with suitable dimentions?

http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/technical-discussion-question/17278-%2410-lp640-exhaust-tip-idea-am33r.html#post188328

String

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Liked: 135
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-0
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2013, 05:43:47 AM »
Felt I have to say , always- always contact the dealer for the price of a part , firstly they are always the uptodate price and with standard stock delivery you will usually get 10% discount if you ask for it . There is always a discrepancy in pricing and  I would have to check but it would seem I can order an LP640 tailpipe for around £750 / $1100 .This why I would never deal with anyone 'quoting' dealer price in an ebay/sales advert , you know it is going to be plain incorrect.
Seeing the $4,688 price quoted above looked like it had been taken directly from lambostuff( and may well be correct), which is fine but not the 'bible' as it were and as they never price anything less than £2.00 , they do conveniently round prices up.Only saying this because I bought some of the interior trim fixing clips last month and were 17p - 38p.
Regards
Oooh , Red leather.

am33r

• YOLO
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2013, 05:33:51 AM »
i saw the cki video about the exhaust tip - which is more like a "fiberglass bucket". Why didn't they just use a Metal Loaf Pan since it's meant to be used in an oven! Here, this one is a perfect size!
http://www.amazon.com/Wilton-Recipe-Right-Medium-Loaf/dp/B000FT1F6Y/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1363948080&sr=1-2&keywords=loaf+pan

Or something like this one too!
http://www.amazon.com/Fox-Run-Stick-Springform-Rectangular/dp/B002JPJ93S/ref=sr_1_17?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1363947722&sr=1-17

.. And then you have people getting rid of the original Tip to get this!
http://www.gtspirit.com/2013/02/22/for-sale-ad-personam-matte-blue-lamborghini-murcielago-lp640/

Even if one owns a real lamborghini, expect to see modded wheels, exhaust, lights, grills, ... lamborghini themselves change those on the same model every few years 580->LP640->670

To make a hexagnal shaped piece of metal seems like an extremely easy thing to do! People already made a whole body, what's a piece of metal to a mufler shop!

jamack

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-2
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2013, 09:04:08 PM »
Didn't take it that way at all just was making clear as last post didn't lay it out what i meant,, cheap pats are great if you get then and they are good enough to use,i bet i have 3k worth of junk that I paid good money for that will never see my builds

Swif

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2013, 08:40:09 PM »
You know I don't mind a bit to pay top dollar for the good stuff but, during the build process on my car I found even some of the Lambo parts are way to high for what the part reps, I was just making a point that ya 695.00  is a great deal 615.00 is even better but if it takes 3 weeks to get a commitment to sell you a part you may want to check it before you spend the money, what I have found in dealing with some of these guys is they post a pic of something great then when you get the part its NO WHERE close to the pic, understood on your point as far as the demand thing but part of the whole problem is even these guys selling OEM salvage stuff charges more then what you can buy them from Lambo for, tail lights on ebay from 1995.00 each to 3995.00 for a set, can get those for 2,408.00 for a set from lambo, I needed all the latches hinges and some other small parts, a salvage guy ask me 2 k for all of it I called Lambo got it NEW for 1,084.00, as I am not the guru as many are on this forum, I can say there is better ways to get parts then trusting on empty promises.Oh and your wheels look nice I wasn't talking about you swif...

Factory Tip 4,688.00, you can add a little to the 695.00 and get tuned exhaust if your looking for more HP...

Gread points you have made. Just to be clear I was not trying to call you out and I understood you were not calling me out.

It is very funny how many of these salvage guys do try to charge over dealer pricing. then tell you 3 weeks to get the part. This to me sound like they are geting parts from the dealer, the delaer does not have in stock, so they order on a stock order which take at least a week to come over for Italy, then they get ground shipping and go from there.

fo me I am up front with what I have in my hand. If I don't have it I get an ET of getting the part and pass it along.

jamack

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2013, 08:02:58 PM »
You know I don't mind a bit to pay top dollar for the good stuff but, during the build process on my car I found even some of the Lambo parts are way to high for what the part reps, I was just making a point that ya 695.00  is a great deal 615.00 is even better but if it takes 3 weeks to get a commitment to sell you a part you may want to check it before you spend the money, what I have found in dealing with some of these guys is they post a pic of something great then when you get the part its NO WHERE close to the pic, understood on your point as far as the demand thing but part of the whole problem is even these guys selling OEM salvage stuff charges more then what you can buy them from Lambo for, tail lights on ebay from 1995.00 each to 3995.00 for a set, can get those for 2,408.00 for a set from lambo, I needed all the latches hinges and some other small parts, a salvage guy ask me 2 k for all of it I called Lambo got it NEW for 1,084.00, as I am not the guru as many are on this forum, I can say there is better ways to get parts then trusting on empty promises.Oh and your wheels look nice I wasn't talking about you swif...

Factory Tip 4,688.00, you can add a little to the 695.00 and get tuned exhaust if your looking for more HP...

Swif

• Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2013, 07:18:57 PM »
Factory Lambo parts are very expensive. Also after market stuff for these cars are prised very high as the market allows it.

To get replica stuff it will be hard as the market for it is not that big. Example, the wheels I have for sale are cheap in comparison to factory pricing, but the market is small and cost to produces is high do to lack of demand.

For this tip I can get you a price of a factory piece if you are interested, but I can say $600 is not to bad.

jamack

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2013, 03:44:59 PM »
Yes they have both, beware guys i called this guy like 20  times and just keep getting they are coming in,I guess it's just me but if you don't have then in stick then list then as special order, it seems to me everything you deal with on lambos is over priced, these guys crackcrack me up with pricing cheap knock offs as if they are toptop quality, just watch it as i tried to buy for three weeks...

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2013, 03:12:13 PM »
Do they have them in regular chrome instead of dark chrome I wonder? Looks like the might

am33r

• YOLO
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2013, 01:32:12 PM »
The Dark Chrom RSC Tips are still $695, I talked with them and they will do a group sell for $615 for five items. Can someone give me the exact dimentions of the hexagon? Thanks
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 01:38:59 PM by am33r »

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2013, 12:18:52 PM »
The RSC goes for $600+ in dark chrome.  You might be able to contact one of these guys on this forum to purchase their "old" lp640 tip at: 
http://www.luxury4play.com/lamborghini/94284-rsc-tuning-lp640-exhaust-tip.html

The OEM tip is more or less a heat shroud as it looks like the real exhaust pipes are in the center of the tip.

I would think that a metal fab shop could come up with a reasonable facimile for a reasonable price.  SS pieces welded together and boxed with a screen inside.    Jim
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 11:08:06 AM by 01Lambiero »
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

Tallon

• Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2013, 09:10:05 AM »
Insulation is fiberglass without the plastic which is the flammable part right?
so insulation can take heat unlike frp
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 02:38:26 PM by Tᴀʟʟá´É´ »

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2013, 06:51:04 AM »
Lets not blame Jackie for this, it was Rob and Joe who came up with the idea and the mould.

Good point Mike, Jackie just blindly splashes what everyone else creates.    ::thumbup

Chris

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2013, 01:15:17 AM »
Didn't  Rob/Joe/CKI sell fiberglass ones?

I know CKI sells them.

I think they look so unsafe. it screams fire hazard.

I'm with you.. there is just something about putting fiberglass that close to a high temperature part that just screams trouble.   ::counfused  Then again.. this comes from the guy (Jackie) that tells you that you don't need to use a latch on a hood because the wind will keep it closed.   ::duh

It's all fun and games until someone dies in one of his death traps!

Chris
Isn't Fiberglas used as insulation of heating ducts etc? Seens fiberglass would be safe enough as an exhaust tip cover , assuming there's a metal pipe inside the cover

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2013, 11:28:14 AM »
Hey, put up or shut up!  If you can't come up with a viable solution, move on ::headbang  What's the big deal over an exhaust tip?  The solution is seen in the pic below.  Jim

Wow.. a NASA spy shot of the replacement for the space shuttle.

Houston.. I think we have a problem!

Chris