Author Topic: ordering new seats  (Read 4865 times)

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
Re: ordering new seats
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2015, 08:44:22 AM »
They look great!  I like how you did the badge on the headrest.
Pedro

tonypaul

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +7/-0
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2015, 11:35:09 PM »
Finally got me some new seats. I didnt get the ones I had posted before, I ended up getting a less expensive set of seats. I killed my custom Circle D torque converter 2 weeks so I had to pull the whole drivetrain back out to get the converter fixxed. Got it all back together last week so been kinda behind schedule on the Diablo..

The seats are a little wider than my last ones but I got them to fit....

On a side note- Im calling my diablo done, finished, no more.... I might repaint it again in the future but for now I just gonna drive the do-do out of it. I have the turbo LS4 tuned pretty good on e85 and its scary wicked fast... I just bought a 1982 Buick Regal Im going to build it into a street/strip car. The Diablo has been alot of fun building but Im now addicted to turbos so got feed that addiction now.

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2015, 01:48:45 PM »
Can you elaborate a little bit, Tusabes? Where would one source Murcielago headrests, and what's the best method of attaching them? Thanks for any advice offered.

Rob,  ::beers

They made fiberglass murci seat headrests that you attach to a stock mr2 or fiero seat
See the picture of the fiberglass here
http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/technical-discussion-question/14543-how-make-murci-seats-2.html

http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/build-diaries/14552-mitchmurcy2s-build-murcielago-lp640-2.html

See the finished red upholstered seats here

http://www.kitcentral.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=5223

I don't know who sells the fiberglass headrests these days but I'm sure other members know .

tonypaul

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2015, 10:27:14 PM »
I have these seats in there now, they are just getting a worn look to them. Its time to get some new seats... But Im having some trouble with my wastegate so just oreded a new wastegate and boost controller so Im going to wait until I get those things installed a working good then order the seats.

And- no problem on 19" seat bottm, my narrow butt can fit in a shoe...

eddie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 286
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2015, 07:24:24 PM »
 it's actually easy to mod Fiero seats, when I had my 25th,I  cut it and re shape the foam weld a bar across and drill two holes ,then inserted mod headrest just like the 25th Countach.  then send it out to re upholster ,when done identical to OEM seats.

Rob James

• Liked: 18
  • Member Rating Points: +4/-0
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2015, 05:46:02 PM »
Can you elaborate a little bit, Tusabes? Where would one source Murcielago headrests, and what's the best method of attaching them? Thanks for any advice offered.

Rob,  ::beers

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2015, 04:14:12 AM »
Fiero seats Modified with murcielago headrests are the best option for fiero based replica cars

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 12:13:55 PM »
Well, from my own personal experience, one should decide if you want to impress your friends...or...the comfort of the posterior.  Most of the seats measure 19" at the posterior.  How's the diet going??   ::sun
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

Robert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 124
  • Member Rating Points: +4/-0
  • Lamborghini's rule!
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 03:04:51 AM »
I ordering some new seats for my Diablo as soon as I can decide which ones I want, but I would like to get some opinions out of the 2 shown below.

When I built the car I put in these black cloth with white stitching racing seats, they looked decent and are comfortable and really cheap. Now Im wanting to get something a little nicer, but not real expensive. I found these 2 below, both black with white stitching and not super expensive but I cant decide which one to buy.

Im thinking the bottom one looks a little better but the top one looks more comfortable...
ab looks a bit more comfortable. There is more foam in the seating area.
Robert, Journeyman experimental mechanic, Journeyman experimental painter.

tonypaul

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 09:23:08 PM »
how much for those babies?? the replica seats are no comfort , I drove in few. but again can any kitcar go for 3hr drive LOL. ah just kidding.

they are the same price for each pair with shipping comes to $679.00

eddie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 286
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 05:54:15 PM »
 how much for those babies?? the replica seats are no comfort , I drove in few. but again can any kitcar go for 3hr drive LOL. ah just kidding.

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 05:33:58 PM »
i like the bottom seat ,for it,s racing style and sleek look ,but would it be as comfortable as the top seat on a 2-3 hour drive
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.

tonypaul

ordering new seats
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 05:19:47 PM »
I ordering some new seats for my Diablo as soon as I can decide which ones I want, but I would like to get some opinions out of the 2 shown below.

When I built the car I put in these black cloth with white stitching racing seats, they looked decent and are comfortable and really cheap. Now Im wanting to get something a little nicer, but not real expensive. I found these 2 below, both black with white stitching and not super expensive but I cant decide which one to buy.

Im thinking the bottom one looks a little better but the top one looks more comfortable...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 05:21:25 PM by tonypaul »