Author Topic: anyone looking for a nice diablo project in BC Canada  (Read 3012 times)

richardk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Re: anyone looking for a nice diablo project in BC Canada
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2023, 08:01:39 PM »
yea it was a bit cheaper than 9500. He had it down to 6500 as not a lot of interest. well lots of interest but no one with cash and a trailer lol . As far as drivetrain i have no idea yet i guess best to get it here and go from there, the shipping as its 8 hours away is around 2k so pricey and hopefully the car gets here in good shape, glass comes with it but one panel has a crack so will see.

Lambo2005

• Liked: 8
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2023, 12:37:43 PM »
Just out of curiosity did you get it for less than $9500?  Either way its a good deal. I paid 10K just for my kit and fortunately had a Fiero donor already in my possession. Then spent $1200 on a DTS engine/trans (whole front end). With everything I've spent so far, I am probably into my car for 15K and need another 5K to finish it. So hopefully will be around the 20K for a finished car.
If I was starting my build today the engine choices have come a long way. I really felt I needed to stay with a V8 but there are some really good V6 and even 4cyl that are putting down some good HP numbers. I guess it really all depends on what you're looking to accomplish and how much you're willing to spend.  I doubt much is out there and what ever is available is probably still pretty expensive but if I was starting my kit now I would be keeping my eyes peeled for a wrecked corvette C8. Already mid-engine and outstanding performance but they are new and finding something wrecked but not too wrecked would be hard. Good luck and I'll be happy to answer any questions I can. Doesnt seem like the site is getting much activity anymore.. I check in every other day or so.
Rob-Diablo D&R kit

richardk

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2023, 10:21:37 PM »
Well i made the deal on this car today. Should be delivered within the next week or so. I will have questions o so many questions as my first build. Have had a couple of high end builds so have a good idea of what i am getting into. I have no idea what drive train to put in it. Will see

richardk

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2022, 10:45:50 PM »
Well they have dropped the price again to 9500 cdn. is it a good deal for someone?

richardk

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2022, 07:37:22 AM »
Lots of detailed pics and thats a good thing. Thanks again  Richard ::beers

Linlor1

• Liked: 2
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2022, 11:47:59 PM »
Last 11

My head got in the way.....  Trying to show the vents to help with Diablo version

All the pics I took.  Hopefully shows enough of the car and starting point.

Fellow I was talking to said he is selling for his boss and they are trying to get it gone by end of Oct as they have a new customer coming n to the space where this is.  If it is still there after that, it will be plastic wrapped and put outside beside a helicopter frame just in the edge of a couple shots where I was facing the doorway....

Linlor1

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2022, 11:42:07 PM »
Next 10

Didn't realize I had the phone set to video.... Sorry

Linlor1

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2022, 11:39:11 PM »
Not sure how to post pics on here so think I will upload to my Imgur site and put links here.  Don't want to fill up Dave's hosting file section on him.....

No particular order:

richardk

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2022, 09:08:56 PM »
That is just friggen amazing. Thanks so much for checking it out and the detailed report. So to do it right will be a bit more work with the frame, Damm i was hopping it was done rite the first time.

Linlor1

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2022, 08:13:22 PM »
OK all done travelling and able to sit and relax for a minute.

As I said earlier, it seems like a very solid body and looks well made from what I could get access to.  A lot of base equipment to get things moving for sure.

Frame is the one area that I would ensure everyone knows so they are well informed
  • Frame is, of course a Fiero
  • It looks to extended to proper length as the wheel fit in the wheel wells at the same spots.  They were off centre because the body non the frame backwards.  Nope no answer as to why....
  • Frame was cut and roof cut off without reinforcing.  That needs to be explored
  • Looks to me that the rear section was extended but looks like upper frame rail is angle iron.  There is also the diagonal 1x3" tube from the rocker rear to the upper frame rail
  • There is no reinforcing in the cockpit area or the rockers front to rear so there will be some flex issues in my opinion
  • Again, my opinion from experience setting up and cutting a Fiero frame correctly and not correctly....
  • The best approach would be to pull everything out of the frame, body off, suspension off etc. and set up the frame on a level platform to be able to set up correct measurements.  Start taking measurements end to end and in the cockpit area to make sure the frame straight or know what needs to be adjusted to make it straight
  • Once leveled, start the reinforcing through the rockers front to back and then across the frame per well known methods.

Still saying this is a great start to a project and 99.9% of the world won't know it doesn't have correct air vents or slightly different wheel wells etc.
I have to go again bow but will figure out getting a link to the pics for everyone rather than filling up the site file repository

Cheers
Don

99svmonterey

• Liked: 9
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2022, 07:25:27 PM »
After getting input from some Diablo replica experts it appears my initial hunch was correct. This is in fact an IFG roadster kit or a copy of their design. They were based in California. If you go to lambobuilder.com you can check out Dale Van Blokland's black roadster build diary and you can see the shape of the vents on the front fenders has the same unique shape.

richardk

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2022, 12:17:31 AM »
Thanks so much for checking this car out, looking forward to pics and drive safe   ::rocker 

Linlor1

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2022, 10:44:13 PM »
Had a good look this aft.  A bunch of pics I will get posted later.

My opinion is it is a great start.  Not sure it is a 6.0 though as I don’t remember those coming with the convertible targa tops?

The body is very solid and looks well made.  The doors are mounted and a bit wobbly but I think because the bolts holding them on are loose.  The hinges look very slid and the upper end ones you can get.

Has door glass but one side is cracked.
Windscreen is good
Green opening is 35.5” and 35” so not the Cory Davis body with the crazy difference in the screen opening
Suspension all held and in very good shape
The body is actually on the frame backwards right now? Not sure why but that explains the weird positioning of the body.
Fiero frame and extension will require work.

I have sign off for now but I think an excellent start for anyone as there a boat load of parts and any smaller items can be fixed.

Will get into the frame I. The next post.  Probably tomorrow night as I am still travelling.

Cheers

richardk

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2022, 08:48:58 PM »
Hey thanks for the offer 4 sure. it would be good to put some eyes on the car. My problem is getting it transported and actually taking inventory of what's there and what is not. I have owned  2 high end builds just never built one before so could get interesting. Looks like a really good start

Linlor1

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2022, 06:12:15 PM »
I am currently in Calgary AB and driving back home tomorrow and can swing by this car to have a look if anyone wants a more detailed look.
PM me or reply here if you are interested in me stopping by.  I can message the fellow tonight and try to arrange for tomorrow.

Cheers
Don