Author Topic: paddle shifter  (Read 7119 times)

jb1

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Re: paddle shifter
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2012, 01:31:17 AM »
No, i'm not going to build complete systems. With all the parts and labor that goes into building these things, theres little room left for any kind of decent profit. Its like Riceburner with his HVAC controllers, I need to make more than $2/hr to build them lol.
I will make the paddle assemblies though, but they will be made to fit the Sebring column. Its the only column that closely resembles the Murcielago, and has room for the paddle assembly.
K was just checking before I posted  the program for free  when I finish , didn't  want  to  step on toes... 

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2012, 12:30:41 AM »
Like I said before whenever you are ready to make a set I'm in ;D

Dustin
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 09:45:03 AM by usmc_butler »

Murci-Me

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2012, 12:03:49 AM »
No, i'm not going to build complete systems. With all the parts and labor that goes into building these things, theres little room left for any kind of decent profit. Its like Riceburner with his HVAC controllers, I need to make more than $2/hr to build them lol.
I will make the paddle assemblies though, but they will be made to fit the Sebring column. Its the only column that closely resembles the Murcielago, and has room for the paddle assembly.

jb1

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2012, 01:38:03 AM »
 Murci-Me,  are you building some  to sale?   Mine is setup to work with the 4t65-edh but   with very little changes in programing  can work with any  automatic trans.. it uses a  potentiometer  feedback built into the actuator

Murci-Me

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2012, 07:53:28 PM »
Not much needs to change, other than the position sensor having an additional position in the slide.

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2012, 04:08:25 PM »
what need to change for this set up to work on a 4 speed overdrive automatic
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 10:06:30 AM by italianknightrider »
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2012, 08:16:49 AM »
I want in on this as well. Mike how long until you can have a set ready? Also need the 2 buttons and the stencil shipped for your headlights as I will be ordering them as soon as they are available also. Thanks

Dustin

GREAT VIDEO!

jb1

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2012, 01:56:19 AM »
k,    I want  to also order   interior  trim and glass from you sometime .  I will probably  get  with you   next week or so and  order paddles...   Thank you!  I just ordered    few parts for 3800  so  kinda  having to limit  myself, lol

Murci-Me

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2012, 01:53:45 AM »
The complete set-up (paddles, plate, switches) ready to bolt into the sebring column is $370+shipping. Everything is milled from aluminum, and the paddles are painted silver (alumiflake) for durability.
All you have to do is trim your column cover to fit.

jb1

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2012, 01:47:17 AM »
yes ,,    I  have  a sebring  column

Murci-Me

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2012, 01:44:38 AM »
JB1, are you using the Sebring steering column?

jb1

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012, 01:34:17 AM »
I have my paddle shifter console buttons set up for "park", "reverse", and "manual".  My right paddle shifts up and mynleft paddle shifts down.  What I'm nervous about is the console controls.  There is nothing to prevent the controls from activating my linear actuator and shifting into reverse or park while driving.  Any suggestions would be welcome.

wire in a relay   that will be triggered   from a  button on the   left side of  dash  to feed the  switches in console , that way  you have to  push  both buttons at same time  to   make  actuator  move to  p r or  N..  real simple if  you need i can    draw  and send you a  diagram...

jb1

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 01:32:06 AM »
Murci Me,  THANK YOU  very much,   I do believe  my paddles will  flex to much  they  seem to be fiberglass copies   I thought  they might be  ok to  bolt to a plate  system  did not figure there would be much pressure.   
 In you video you stated your paddle system is available?  from you?  how much?   I have the controller and most of the programing figured out,  mine as well will go into sleep mode  after  a few secs  , pull a lever 1 time to wake up  then again to shift  .
  I am working on  making where you can not shift from  d to  r,n or park  while  car is in motion,thinking  about making 1 2 3 (4t65-ehd) all electrical  and not use the  actuator  but   actually  just trigger the shift relays  from the arduino so  you  can  manually shift and not worry about  any delay  with the  actuator,  also  going  to play with   lcd to do  odometer and gear position,,   
 when I complete I  intend to post the  code and parts so others can simply assemble  the  parts and  download  the code.... ( not looking to make money off this, plus would not  want any liability)  with the  Arduino MEGA  , actuator and motor driver   I  am  around $200 ,      lcd will run  $10-20    so  minus the  paddle set up  under  $250

« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 01:46:38 AM by jb1 »

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 11:20:29 PM »
Certainly the best design for paddle shifters that I'm seen yet. 

Thanks for sharing Mike

Chris

Murci-Me

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 10:45:06 PM »
Here ya go!
Paddle Switch Mount