Author Topic: Convert roadster to hard top  (Read 2456 times)

am33r

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
Re: Convert roadster to hard top
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 05:47:18 PM »
Not sure why would you want it changed but you could make hard removable top for it - it shouldn't be difficult at all, and the ebeauty of owning a convertible - is to be 'Convertible'
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 05:49:05 PM by am33r »

dratts

• Liked: 14
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 03:39:21 PM »
Unless you end up upside down.  Then you can't get the doors open or the top off.  Time to break the door window.
My opinion keep the roadster.... I had the same feelings after I got my Diablo Roadster, I thought I liked the coupe/hard top better. It wasn't until I finished the car I was glad I kept it as a roadster. I have the best of both worlds, keep the top on or take it off.

For me I find it easier to work on the inside cabin by just taking off the roof, and not having to worry about 2 more side windows to deal with. I leave my roof on 95% of the time so its like a hard top to me. Another small fact that plays into head is safety, should I get into an accident where my doors wont come open- I can flip the front 2 latches and then pull 2 pins out that's on the rear connections and push up on the roof and Im out....

Kinda a cheesy thought but it does add a little comfort mentally for me....

New Rule- all newbs must post pics of their project!!!!

Zmconcepts

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 02:50:21 PM »
Lol Alrite I'll get a few pics up soon.. U do have some good points and I'm kinda against the idea of trading bodies just cuz the kit I have is pretty straight as it is, I probably will just stick to it and keep it roaster status. Still curious tho if anyone has ever done it before It doesn't seem like it would b too challenging to mod the rear quarters too look like coupe.

tonypaul

• Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +7/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 02:14:54 PM »
My opinion keep the roadster.... I had the same feelings after I got my Diablo Roadster, I thought I liked the coupe/hard top better. It wasn't until I finished the car I was glad I kept it as a roadster. I have the best of both worlds, keep the top on or take it off.

For me I find it easier to work on the inside cabin by just taking off the roof, and not having to worry about 2 more side windows to deal with. I leave my roof on 95% of the time so its like a hard top to me. Another small fact that plays into head is safety, should I get into an accident where my doors wont come open- I can flip the front 2 latches and then pull 2 pins out that's on the rear connections and push up on the roof and Im out....

Kinda a cheesy thought but it does add a little comfort mentally for me....

New Rule- all newbs must post pics of their project!!!!

Zmconcepts

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 10:54:39 AM »
Sorry as u can c I'm a newbie.. I didn't mention it's a diablo roadster that I have

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 08:00:33 AM »
Agreed I will do the same if you live closer to Oklahoma  ::beers

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 06:33:18 AM »
Where are you located ? I have a coupe ill trade for the roadster
Mine is in Los Angeles

Zmconcepts

Convert roadster to hard top
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 11:17:04 PM »
Ive seen the roofs cut off to turn into a roadster... But has anyone ever turned roadster into hardtop coupe? The only reason I ask, i couldnt pass up a deal on a roadster and would still like it, but Am really contemplating glassing it out to look like coupe. Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 11:22:59 PM by Zmconcepts »