Author Topic: Front engine Aventador  (Read 10186 times)

670SV

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Front engine Aventador
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 03:47:01 AM »
I think this was built on a Prius.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 03:50:07 AM by ☆670SV☆ »

ronin

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 03:13:52 AM »

CAMARADOR!

LMBO!! You know what, I am planning to disguise a bunch of internet and personal jokes all over the car which includes "A-vent-a-door" under the driver and passenger doors, but I like the sound of that and may just use it in stead. That or use both in different places.

670SV

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 03:05:57 AM »
AVENTAMARO!

CAMARADOR!

ronin

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Front engine Aventador
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 02:52:55 AM »
Hello folks. I guess it's time to get my build diary going.

I should warn you this project is going to have a bunch of "on and off" periods over the next year. At the current rate of things, the exterior portion of this project will probably be completed at the start of next summer.

I'll give you the overall plot so things will make a little more sense.

1. Get the body intact by winter.
2. Refine the body this winter. Spend the same time saving money and buying needed parts.
3. Aquire the doner car in April or May of 2014 and start the fitting process.
5. Get it painted and on the road.
6. Spend the next year working on the interior.

To be clear, this IS NOT a 100% copy of a Lamborghini Aventador. Since it's a 4th generation Camaro and I don't want to modify the chassis in any way if I can avoid it, the aim is for more of a "tricked out" bulldozer version of a Lamborghini Aventador that's more practical as a daily driver, having back seats, trunk space and good gas mileage in what all reports tell me is a very reliable and easy to maintain vehicle.

I am even less interested in staying with Lamborghini with the interior. I will probably model the upholstery after the Reventon (mixture of either micro or HD suede and carbon fiber) and new Corvette Stingray but when it comes to comfort and goodies I am looking at Lexus for my models. Ultimately the interior will be entirely or almost entirely my design. Sort of a "build as you go" effort to perfect imperfections with the interior as learned through experience in driving the car.

One other thing I am very serious about incorporating in the design is an ease of repair setup to the overall features, so that if anything is ever damaged, it can be cheaply and easily fixed. I know some things this can't be applied to, but I am doing what I can to make it so wherever possible.

Basically, his is an Aventador made for luxury, affordability, practicality and every day use. Sort of all worlds rolled in to one.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 02:58:26 AM by ronin »