Author Topic: Purple People Eater LP670 SV Build!!!  (Read 199441 times)

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
Re: Purple People Eater LP670 SV Build!!!
« Reply #144 on: February 18, 2014, 06:17:21 PM »
I totally agree in principle when the tags are hidden or on obscure parts.  I'm adding the replica VIN tag and decals to my car because I think they are a easy way to make the car look a little more authentic and finished since they are typically displayed in visible locations when the doors are open.

I agree that I wouldn't added the small tag on the underside of a muffler however the decals are important enough to me that I've finally rounded up a nice replica set for the Murcie.   ::thumbup

Chris

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 649
  • Member Rating Points: +23/-0
  • Big Gulps, huh? All right! Well, see ya later.
« Reply #143 on: February 18, 2014, 05:48:51 PM »
Good point RT it will never be a genuine Lamborghini tip so why mark it as one! I'll continue to just make these the way they are and if anyone is willing to purchase or barter I'm open to the idea. These will never be 100% accurate anyway and it's not worth the risk, even in the slightest to get spanked for it! I hear Lamborghini's lawyers spank hard!!!  :LL:
I met a man with a dollar, we exchanged dollars and we still had a dollar. I met a man with an idea, we exchanged ideas and now we both have two ideas!!!

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #142 on: February 18, 2014, 05:40:50 PM »
I may just go ahead and make these without the tags, and if I can generate enough cash to purchase the stamp down the road I'll see if anyone wants to "trade" for a tag!!!  ;)
I met a man with a dollar, we exchanged dollars and we still had a dollar. I met a man with an idea, we exchanged ideas and now we both have two ideas!!!

RT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 308
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-0
« Reply #141 on: February 18, 2014, 05:38:16 PM »
When you said, "Round 2 of questions, is it worth the time and money to add the appropriate part # tag similar to the one below, or  leave it off? I can have a stamp made (and do have a quote) but it's costly, I'll do it if people feel it's necessary!"
I assumed you wanted to make these and sell them.  If you make one for yourself, no problem.  If you intend to make and sell them, then is when you could run into a problem with the use of their logo.
Of course the cost would be ridiculous for you to make just one for yourself.  That's why I waved the "counterfeit" flag.
I have been through all aspects of making EVERYTHING exactly like the original.  It becomes obsessive.  IT ISN'T WORTH IT!
It just adds time to your build and will drive you crazy.  Even if everything is exact the effect will last (maybe) a minute.  Then it is over because the person looking at it will know it isn't a real one.
YOU built it!  Make it really nice if not an exact replica.  That counts more.
Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate the work and attention to detail but YOU did it, not Lamborghini.  Make it your build.  Make it your custom Lambo.

RT
It isn't enough to want a Lambo, you have to want to BUILD A CAR.

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #140 on: February 18, 2014, 05:35:33 PM »
Interesting Digibeam.
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

Digibeam

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 257
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
  • Show me, don't Tell me...
« Reply #139 on: February 18, 2014, 03:41:25 PM »
I have talked with the local Lamborghini dealer to get their perspective and they consider me a "Lamborghini enthusiast" as long as what i create is not for the sole purpose of resale and is designed to replicate for personal use.
he also suggested that I am not encouraged to replicate tags or attempt to "sell" anything replicated with a trademark logo. as that would in fact be a no no....again personal use is fine and selling as a whole product not as parts would be fine as long as i am not in the business of building replicas and selling for profit or self gain.

this being said, i am allowed to trade till the cows come home.... :)

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #138 on: February 18, 2014, 03:40:13 PM »
My only concern which I'm not really sure why I'm concerned would be if I sold them. If I sell them with there logo and part # I would assume that could be considered counterfeiting. I know there are a handful of people who are looking for an exhaust tip. To be honest I'm not trying to make these for myself or to make a dime as I'm doing a 670 I'm just trying to contribute. It seems most everyone else on here has there nitch, not that welding is mine but I'm doing what I can :P hopefully this will give me some sort of bartering tool!!!

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #137 on: February 18, 2014, 03:26:57 PM »
Not a problem Solrac, I want to hear this as well. At the same time RT nailed it on the "head" I so badly wanted to put that manufacturers tag on this, but if it becomes a counter fitting issue I'd be toast. I'll save the 500 bones for the stamp and put it towards something that won't get me in trouble!!! ;) Thanks for the input!

Well, most of us plan to badge our rides so you can take this as far as you like. :)
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

Matty99dun

• Liked: 22
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #136 on: February 18, 2014, 03:18:57 PM »
I don't mean to high jack the thread but what if I run the engine line to the bottom of the radiator ? And then from the top of the 1st one to the top of the 2nd one. Then from the bottom of the 2nd one back to the engine??

What do u guys think about that??

I tried this, it didn't flow. I also tried top 2 top with a single middle inlet then bottom 2 bottom with a middle out  ( as lambo does on the murcie ) it just wouldn't flow and the air was impossible to remove.

RT

« Reply #135 on: February 18, 2014, 02:33:11 PM »
Radiators ALWAYS have the water come in the top and go out the bottom.
If you put in an additional electric water pump to help the water flow through the longer piping, connect the water inlet to the electric pump from the bottom of the first radiator and the exit of the electric pump to the top of the second radiator.
Why do you take the water from the bottom of the radiator?  Because if you are low on water, the bottom of the radiator is the last place to go "dry".  The pump will still have water to pull and pump.
Without an additional electric pump between the radiators, the engine water pump will keep the first radiator full and the pipe between the two radiators full.  Any shortage of water will occur at the top of the second radiator.
A temperature sensor for your fans should detect temperature at or before the first radiator.

RT

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #134 on: February 18, 2014, 02:24:40 PM »
Not a problem Solrac, I want to hear this as well. At the same time RT nailed it on the "head" I so badly wanted to put that manufacturers tag on this, but if it becomes a counter fitting issue I'd be toast. I'll save the 500 bones for the stamp and put it towards something that won't get me in trouble!!! ;) Thanks for the input!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 02:40:20 PM by Purple LP670 SV »

Digibeam

• Liked: 257
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
  • Show me, don't Tell me...
« Reply #133 on: February 18, 2014, 02:14:02 PM »
only thing that comes to mind here is "Gravity"
i believe you will put undue stress on the water pump or you could potentially cause reversion of the flow from water pushing back...water flows down better than up...just my thoughts

solrac

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 52
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #132 on: February 18, 2014, 01:48:04 PM »
I don't mean to high jack the thread but what if I run the engine line to the bottom of the radiator ? And then from the top of the 1st one to the top of the 2nd one. Then from the bottom of the 2nd one back to the engine??

What do u guys think about that??

Matty99dun

• Liked: 22
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #131 on: February 18, 2014, 11:54:24 AM »
Finally got my radiators in! Any advice would be helpful!!!  ;)

I have done this on my Mr2 its not as easy as you first think, so I hope this info will help.
get yourself a MR2 fill neck they are located in the engine bay and are plastic, being your using a V8 u might want a higher pressure cap than the Mr2 one. the filler neck needs to be the highest point of the system to help the air escape, I stress the highest point nothing can be higher no hoses over flows NOTHING... or you will never get flow with the air locks you will have. now the caps you have on your new radiators need the valves removed, usually you can do this by cutting the centre rivet holding the spring and valve in place, in the end you should just have the cap and rubber seal that seals between the filler neck, if you cant do this with the caps you have you can find valveless rad caps on eBay. put those back onto you radiators never to be removed again. now you will need to mount the radiators onto your car, and keep them lower than the filler neck you installed from the Mr2. its up to you which radiator gets the hot water first, on the Mr2 I used the left side, so you will run the the hose that your engine used for the top hose to the top connection of your new radiator, this is also the radiator you use for the fan temp sensor ( you can add two sensors so that the other opens your Bat wings :), the bottom hose of this same radiator will attach to the top hose of your second radiator with a metal pipe, but keep the incline as smooth as possible, I found it was too hard to remove the air lock if you had a large incline and the water wouldn't pass through. now the top hose of your second will run back to your engine. try not to have any hoses or pipes higher than the radiators and keep inclines smooth to avoid air locks. fill up the system, start the car without the radiator cap on, and run to your fans turn on, squeeze hoses to help push the air locks out while its running. turn off the car and let cool, repeat this 3 or 4 times you will see the air bubbles popping at the filler neck, its also best if you cut a soda bottle in half's and use this on your filler neck to get the top up water as high as possible this will help remove the air. hope this helps. :)     

RT

« Reply #130 on: February 18, 2014, 11:53:35 AM »
Without a tag it is a replica, with a tag it is a counterfeit.

RT