Author Topic: Euroworks Exotics gone?  (Read 6237 times)

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
Re: Euroworks Exotics gone?
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2015, 03:33:09 PM »
I have Countach bodies, LP500 and 25th, glass and all else. I was at Carlisle and still have an ad in Carbuilder (Formerly Kitcar Builder). Alan (Euroworks) and I have helped each other quite a bit and I still talk to him from time to time. What exactly did you need from them?

AdrianBurton

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 202
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2015, 01:31:23 PM »
I think Armstrong is still around

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2015, 12:16:00 PM »
Don,

Thanks for the reply.  I am aware of the new owner/location.  I'm not currently in the market for a kit, but when the time comes, I would like a well supported established kit rather than a discontinued kit from a private seller.  I hope mr. Barry continues the business.

Thanks.

A little research in the available quality built replica bodies should show you that there are just a few right now that are producing quality bodies that haven't been shut down by A..I.  If you don't buy one when they are being produced, you lose.  Buying a body from a business that has gone out of business is one of the last things to consider when building a replica.  Inspect before you buy.  If you don't know good fiberglass build-up, take someone who does with you BEFORE you drop one dime on it.  Getting the glass should be high on your list as research shows.  All of the rest of the problems come for free in this hobby.  The only body manufacturer that I have seen at Carlisle was KitCarInk and that should show you what happens in our league whether you build scrap or quality for sale.  A...I or any of them DON'T LIKE OUR REPLICAS.  Why the big interest in Euro Works when they are an unknown company?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 12:17:47 PM by 01Lambiero »
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

atrank

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2015, 11:33:53 AM »
Is there ANY news on the existence/survival of Euro Works?  Every couple of months I do a search, and haven't found anything!?!

atrank

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 02:33:53 PM »
Does anyone have any new information on the status of Euroworks Exotics?  Were they at Carlisle?  Has anyone contacted the company since it was sold?  Thanks!

atrank

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 06:43:16 PM »
Don,

Thanks for the reply.  I am aware of the new owner/location.  I'm not currently in the market for a kit, but when the time comes, I would like a well supported established kit rather than a discontinued kit from a private seller.  I hope mr. Barry continues the business.

Thanks.

Linlor

• Liked: 28
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 05:27:45 PM »
Atrank

The company has moved to Boise Idaho.  The new owner is Don Barry.  I have emailed him a couple times but I haven't really received much in the way of responses.  He has come on to MadMechanics a couple times but again, responses have been slow to non existent.

Not sure if he is trying to keep the company going or just bought the molds and a body from Ohio to build his own and make some project money through parts.

You can do a search for the company web site as  I am pretty sure it is still out there somewhere if you look hard. 

Are you looking for a Countach project?  If so, Jimmy on here and MM has one for sale and he is down in Arizona near Phoenix.  It is a ex euro exotics body and parts with a custom tube frame he was building.  Pretty sure it is in the Mall as well as in the Countach section.

Cheers
Don

atrank

Euroworks Exotics gone?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 10:52:01 AM »
I know that Euroworks Exotics in Ohio was sold a while ago, but since then the company seems to have disappeared.  This was a long-time reputable and successful company before the sale.  If it has disappeared/failed, I think is a serious loss.  Can anyone confirm if it is gone or has changed names or the new owner is planning a re-launch or something?  Thanks!