Author Topic: Diablo mirrors  (Read 2412 times)

eddie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 286
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
Re: Diablo mirrors
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 10:47:30 PM »
I bought the oem mirror glass from Lambostuff, $52each  they are like oneway mirror and convex. oh that was 5 years ago. fits Marcellos C/f shell OK.

RT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 308
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-0
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 09:16:15 PM »
While we are discussing mirrors…
When I was setting up my mirrors and working the mirror shells, I positioned a flat mirror against the rear edge of the mirror shell and angled it for my best rear view when seated in the car.  (I did this for both side mirrors.)  Then I removed and extended the rear edge of the shells to be flush to the surface of the mirrors.  That means when my build is done and I am sitting in the car, the mirrors as adjusted will be aligned even with the rear edge of the mirror shell.
This really means nothing except there won't be any mirror tilted in the shell and everything will look "tailored" or custom fit.  It is just a little detail in the build and it only depends on how much more work you want to make for yourself.

RT
It isn't enough to want a Lambo, you have to want to BUILD A CAR.

jdinner

• Liked: 25
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
    • KwikerCars
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 07:14:51 PM »
I used motors from a 1998 Buick LeSabre (if I'm not mistaken). I put a thin film of grease on the motor, added a gob of bondoglass to the mirror shell, placed the motor in the middle with the screws threaded into the wet bondoglass. Wait for it to set up, remove the screws and the motor and now you have a replaceable motor in a mirror shell.
http://stweb.peelschools.org/sssweb/Progress_Page/Summer_2010_Progress_files/IMG_0604_1.jpg
I later had mirrors cut at a local glass shop.
Mirror cut from a replacement truck mirror $75.00 for left and right.
Left
http://stweb.peelschools.org/sssweb/Progress_Page/Progress_Page_12_files/IMG_1452_1.jpg
Right
http://stweb.peelschools.org/sssweb/Progress_Page/Progress_Page_12_files/IMG_1453_1.jpg

CCIE

• Liked: 96
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 05:03:22 PM »
I have the mirrors cut to size for the Diablo.
I am waiting for the mirror motors and the base which was back ordered but should be here in 2 weeks. The setup is new. If you can wait for 2 weeks I will have the kit

CCIE

dwafford

• Liked: 1
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 04:37:57 PM »
Yeah, I have the shells, so I was looking for motor, mounting frame, etc., whatever would work.  I got excited, though, when you said the glass would work, too.  But then I got confused (as usual!) when I started searching for them.  Found some on ebay, but the confusion is that one guy has two listed; one is for '98 A4, the other for '99.  He has a measuring tape laid out beside them - the mirror body for the '98 is +/- 7 inches wide, while the one for the '99 is +/- 9 inches wide.  Not a big deal, since it's primarily the guts I'm searching for anyway, but it would be nice to buy one where the glass would work.

String

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Liked: 135
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 04:28:59 PM »
Ah, I thought motors was the requirement...
Oooh , Red leather.

dwafford

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 04:13:24 PM »
Hey, thanks!  Motors, too?

String

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Liked: 135
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 03:21:12 PM »
Yes,
Audi A4 , 1998 on . Mirror glass fits straight on . Same for Murcielago too.
Oooh , Red leather.

dwafford

Diablo mirrors
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 08:53:02 AM »
Can someone recommend mirror motors, or better yet, complete assemblies (motor with glass backer and motor mounting frame) that will work on the Diablo Roadster?  Thanks!