Author Topic: Splashing a real Aventador  (Read 13589 times)

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
Re: Splashing a real Aventador
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2014, 12:24:04 PM »
Thanks. I did have the top two. Man, that 720-4 is awesome isn't it?
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

RawBuilder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 16
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2014, 10:53:35 AM »
Discovery Channel "Rides"
Lamborghini: Inside The Factory & The Story Of How Its Made.

Nat Geo "Supercars"
Nat Geo Supercars Lamborghini Aventador 720p

New Aventador LP 720-4
NEW Lamborghini AVENTADOR LP 720-4 50° Anniversario - DESIGN

Here are a few HD video links to YouTube on the making of the Aventador and a quick video of the new Aventador LP 720-4.  ::thumbup

Xyberz

• Liked: 4
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2014, 10:26:53 AM »
Can you provide a YouTube link? I would like to have anything available.

Actually I don't have links to them anywhere.  I just searched and downloaded what I could from YouTube directly to my computer.  So I have my own personal collection without the need to have internet should I need to review or just want to watch them.  Some I did have to get from elsewhere as they're not all on YouTube.

If you'd like, I can upload them to my DropBox and you can get them there.  Lemme know.

BigPines

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2014, 09:56:43 AM »
Can you provide a YouTube link? I would like to have anything available.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 10:00:47 AM by BigPines »

Xyberz

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2014, 09:35:20 AM »
BTW, what HD build footage do you have? Is it the Ultimate Factories that is on YouTube or something else?

That's one of them, also the other is the How It's Made.  There are other various videos I have but not  HD.  I'm still acquiring more when I can find them.

BigPines

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2014, 09:30:22 AM »
BTW, what HD build footage do you have? Is it the Ultimate Factories that is on YouTube or something else?

BigPines

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2014, 09:28:16 AM »
Yeah, I have looked at the Pocher quite a bit. I am impressed. I will probably pick one up before they get discontinued.

Yeah, I'm talking about the Murci SV model. There are several people building that one but I am not aware of anyone who claims to have OEM splashed bumpers or engine lid. Cliff Miller says he has OEM splashed fenders for anyone who may be interested.

Xyberz

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2014, 09:23:38 AM »
One thing to keep in mind is 1:8 scale is absolutely HUGE! The amount of detail is stunning.

Pocher also makes a roadster version that was just released.

Too bad they don't make an LP670. I would buy that in a heartbeat! There is very little chance of me getting actual splashes off that car! I did request that they do one and they responded that they can't comment on future models but they would keep it in mind.

Definitely, 1:8 scale is huge and you should see the builds at ScaleMotorcars to see how accurate the model is.  Of course they have to incorporate screw holes in order to put the model together but other than that it's pretty darn accurate.  Only one so far I see that actually has the monocoque separate from the front and rear subframes.  That's insane accuracy but surprisingly it's not Porcher's most accurate model vehicle. 

Saw the roadster, I think it looks great but I've never been a fan of any roadster vehicle.  Just a personal preference. 

When you say the LP670, you're talking about the SV racing car?  If so I thought I saw someone building that in another forum.  I was interested in the Murcie replica until the Aventador came out and then of course my interest shifted.

Also I've heard of Rob's dealings with people who've paid for parts before.  He's a hit an miss kinda guy but luckily he does have a location in which you can go to in order to find out what's going on if I can remember correctly.  Yes, I'd be wary of him too from what I've read considering it wasn't all good.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 09:26:02 AM by Xyberz »

BigPines

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2014, 09:16:04 AM »
Right now if you want splashed panels, the only one I know of who claims to have any is RobsLP640. Not sure what all he has but I recall he said he had front bumper, rear bumper, hood and maybe something else. However, based on feedback I have seen, I would be very careful dealing with him. He hasn't given me the warm fuzzies.

BigPines

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2014, 09:01:13 AM »
One thing to keep in mind is 1:8 scale is absolutely HUGE! The amount of detail is stunning.

Pocher also makes a roadster version that was just released.

Too bad they don't make an LP670. I would buy that in a heartbeat! There is very little chance of me getting actual splashes off that car! I did request that they do one and they responded that they can't comment on future models but they would keep it in mind.

Xyberz

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2014, 07:03:40 AM »
That is the one I was leaning toward myself. I have a 3D scanner so at some point I may actually do that. :)

All said, I would rather have OEM splashed panels or a scanned car but in the absence of either of those options, I think this is the way to go.

BTW, I already contacted them and this was their response:

"Dear Sir Smith
Please, let me inform you that we have worked with the same Lamborghini 3D drawing Lamborghini used in real car
Thanks and regards   

Pocher Customer Care"

Exactly how I feel.  Actual splash of the vehicle itself #1, 3D scan #2, scan of Pocher model #3.  I actually emailed Pocher and I got pretty much the exact same response today.  Glad to know they put so much care into a 1:8 scale model.  The one thing is that it's accurate down to the frame which I don't believe any other model can claim.  I have extensive amounts of pictures of just about every part of the Aventador in high detail and even HD video of how the vehicle is manufactured (which I'd be happy to share with anyone else if they're interested for FREE).  That model is spot on amazingly.

BigPines

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2014, 05:52:51 PM »
That is the one I was leaning toward myself. I have a 3D scanner so at some point I may actually do that. :)

All said, I would rather have OEM splashed panels or a scanned car but in the absence of either of those options, I think this is the way to go.

BTW, I already contacted them and this was their response:

"Dear Sir Smith
Please, let me inform you that we have worked with the same Lamborghini 3D drawing Lamborghini used in real car
Thanks and regards   

Pocher Customer Care"
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 05:57:32 PM by BigPines »

Xyberz

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2014, 05:23:11 PM »
Check this out.  Made off the real plans directly from the manufacturer.  Accurate down to nearly every detail.  Now this I could afford myself right now, besides getting a 3D scanner to scan it.

http://30npire.com/lifestyle/lamborghini-aventador-lp-700-4-18-model-pocher
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooBz2eGPUco
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 05:26:21 PM by Xyberz »

Xyberz

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 10:09:12 PM »
I think that is a great idea Tusabes!

I'd love to see this done so I hope you can figure it out. I don't need the Aventador just yet. My brother will be doing one someday but I am still trying to figure out what I am going to do for an accurate LP670.

Man, I wish I was back in Cali so I could visit.  I'll be back there this year.  Doing this kind of stuff here in Hawaii is too darn expensive and no one ever wants to ship anything volatile here.

BigPines

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 06:26:29 PM »
I think that is a great idea Tusabes!

I'd love to see this done so I hope you can figure it out. I don't need the Aventador just yet. My brother will be doing one someday but I am still trying to figure out what I am going to do for an accurate LP670.