Author Topic: LP 640 Autopro  (Read 211290 times)

Footcutter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 142
  • Member Rating Points: +11/-0
    • 3D car printing
Re: LP 640 Autopro
« Reply #643 on: February 27, 2019, 01:08:23 PM »
 ::rocker

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #642 on: February 27, 2019, 12:39:07 PM »
Thank you very much guys  ::salute ::headbang  I'ts encouraging to get positive comments.

Last weekend I worked a bit more on my interior.  I finished the headliner and some more pieces that I had to put the fabric on.  The bad part is that the upholstery guy told me that the parts I took to him were going to be finished on Friday but they weren't  >:(  Now he is telling me they will be done this Saturday.

Another thing I was able to finish was the wiring for my console buttons, now they are all working and once I get the rest of the interior pieces I can finish putting it all back together.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 12:45:31 PM by autopro »
Pedro

lambobuilder

• Liked: 208
  • Member Rating Points: +17/-0
    • Lambobuilder
« Reply #641 on: February 21, 2019, 10:01:17 AM »
Absolutely love the finish detail. Color choice is great. Love the headliner detail pattern. Well done!

Footcutter

• 3D car printing
« Reply #640 on: February 21, 2019, 08:50:15 AM »
Beautiful!  ::rocker

lp670mike

• Lambo Mafia
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 282
  • Member Rating Points: +10/-0
« Reply #639 on: February 21, 2019, 04:50:36 AM »
Very impressive Pedro! It looks like a Factory built car. ::beers

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #638 on: February 20, 2019, 09:37:56 PM »
::thumbup so jealous!

Jajaja, I'm jealous of yours also.  I'm very impressed with you skills.

Cant wait to see it installed!

Same here, that's why I've been trying to work on it every chance I get.  Here is the progress from tonight.

Carpet trimmed and installed

I didn't have time to finish the headliner but I'll finish it tomorrow.   

Pedro

Simple Man

« Reply #637 on: February 20, 2019, 12:16:08 PM »
Cant wait to see it installed!!

Footcutter

• 3D car printing
« Reply #636 on: February 20, 2019, 11:39:28 AM »
 ::thumbup so jealous!

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #635 on: February 20, 2019, 09:40:52 AM »
This is the console and the other pieces I put fabric on last Saturday.  I just need to install the carpet and then I can start putting these pieces back in the car.

Pedro

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #634 on: February 20, 2019, 09:36:21 AM »
Got all my interior pieces finished and I even started upholstering some of them last weekend.  In preparation for their installation in the next week, I had to refinish my floor and install the sound deadener material.

Pedro

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #633 on: February 04, 2019, 06:00:29 PM »
Well since no more fabrication needs to be done on the car I thought it was time to give it its final polish.  A friend of mine that is an expert at it came over and helped me with it.  All I can say is wow this dude really knows what he is doing, check out the shine he left  :notworthy

Pedro

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #632 on: January 30, 2019, 09:42:36 AM »
Hey Rod, good to hear from you.  Yes I am using the glue that Sam recommended, it is great stuff.  I bought one of the cheap guns from Harbor Freight and that is what I am using to spray it.
Pedro

rodrieguz

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Liked: 77
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #631 on: January 29, 2019, 05:24:21 PM »
Car looks absolutely amazing, this one raises the bar for sure!
Are you using upholstery glue?  Use upholstery grade contact cement.  yellow stuff.  works excellent, anything else will lift over time.

You loose track of how many time you assemble and disassemble all the parts throughout the build. That is the only way to do it to achieve the best results. Thanks again for sharing.

Hahaha this is so true, I have taken this interior apart and put it back together at least a dozen times now, I'm getting pretty good at it too  ::tongue.  In fact right at this moment it's all out of the car again.  This week I'll finish the A/C ducts and some wiring that still needs to be finalized. Thanks for your comments Dale. ::wave

Also yesterday I went and bought some more fabric and upholstered my first piece just to see how it would come out.  It came out rather well and I'm very pleased with the results.   Take it this is a very simple piece, the more difficult pieces that will require stitching will go to the upholstery guy.

You loose track of how many time you assemble and disassemble all the parts throughout the build. That is the only way to do it to achieve the best results. Thanks again for sharing.

Hahaha this is so true, I have taken this interior apart and put it back together at least a dozen times now, I'm getting pretty good at it too  ::tongue.  In fact right at this moment it's all out of the car again.  This week I'll finish the A/C ducts and some wiring that still needs to be finalized. Thanks for your comments Dale. ::wave

Also yesterday I went and bought some more fabric and upholstered my first piece just to see how it would come out.  It came out rather well and I'm very pleased with the results.   Take it this is a very simple piece, the more difficult pieces that will require stitching will go to the upholstery guy.

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #630 on: January 29, 2019, 09:22:32 AM »
Time to install the hand brake.  I'm barely fitting it up right now, I still have to finish the base and the fiberglass cover needs a lot of attention.  Right now I just need to get the base welded to the floor so that I can start doing the carpet soon.

Pedro

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #629 on: January 26, 2019, 12:05:24 PM »

Pedro