Author Topic: Advice needed  (Read 6640 times)

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
Re: Advice needed
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2014, 04:33:42 PM »
Graham,
   I have just resent a long email answering your questions today at 4PM CST. There was no failure notice either time, let me know if you get it.

Charley

Graham

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 1
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2014, 02:14:35 PM »
Charley,

Still awaiting a reply to my e-mails that I sent to your e-mail address.

Thanks

Graham

76mx

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2014, 09:24:22 AM »
Graham,

It is entirely possible and often happens that horsepower exceeds the weight x surface area x friction coefficient formula.

I do not suggest a replica over an original, that is a decision that you alone must make. I am saying that if the overall economics are a consideration, resale alone is not the full picture. I offer the following for consideration, not as a suggestion. Say you bought a used Diablo for $80,000 and drove it 10,000 miles over the next several years. Maintenance would run $60,000 making your total expense $140,000. And you are right, the only Lambo maintenance in South America is on the other side of the continent in Brazil. Now you sell the car, and giving you every benefit of the doubt, you get the full $80,000 original price. Your total overhead in the car would be $60,000. Now say you bought a new replica for $80,000 and drove it the same 10,000 miles, with a whopping $1,000 in maintenance for oil changes and a hose and/or belt or two. You have a total of $81,000 and again giving you every benefit of the doubt say the car lost half of it's value and you had to sell it for $40,000. Your total overhead in this car is $41,000 as opposed to $60,000.

They should all be certified for the street. When I talk about certification, I mean for the country.

I am interested in building you a car, and you have nailed the price at 60-70 for a car that we both would be proud of. I will PM you with further contact info.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 09:27:10 AM by 76mx »

Graham

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2014, 01:20:58 PM »
Hi 76mx,
Thanks for your reply
Do I understand by your post that the car with the V12 and 500 hp may not perform on the street very well or do the same top speed or 0-60 as your car?

Also you suggest that if I was spending over $100.000 the best buy would be a replica car over the real thing why? I agree the servicing costs would be much lower, but how about when I  try and resell it? Im sure I would lose money, compared to a real one that will go up invalue over the years.

The V12 car that has been offered to me is certificated to be used on the street. The cost is $60.000 with A/C, back up camera  power steering and brakes, and is open to a close offer. Also I don't like the alligator seats in your car could they be changed?

Would you be interested in building a new car, by what other member are saying that you build a good car, for me with what I would like to see in it? I presume the price would be around the $60-$70.000 mark? Im looking for a trust worthy person to build me car both in not ripping me off or shoddy workmanship. And don't want to add 1000's of dollars to the bill in "keeping an eye" on the progress of the build.
your reply please. 
Graham R
P.s  Can you send me your e-mail so that we do not have to use the forum in communicating?

eddie

• Liked: 286
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2014, 05:08:10 AM »
too bad the pots on lights are wrong and wiper, first look of KIT. but very nice work !

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2014, 11:21:57 PM »
76mx that is a top quality replica

I don't think I've ever seen a replica sell for that much money though , ESP an unfinished one .  I wish you best of luck

76mx

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2014, 06:24:49 PM »
Graham, to answer your question about performance, it is best to look at the power to weight rate, which will usually tell all that is needed regarding performance. This car's rate is right at 4.5 and by contrast a LP5000 was 8.8. My racecar is 3600 pounds and 800+ horsepower giving 4.5, but it has enough tire and downforce to make that work. Generally, anything over 400HP is wasted on the street, there is just not enough tire and friction coefficient and downforce to make it work.

76mx

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2014, 05:50:42 PM »
Chassis pics. My laptop let me do three pics.

76mx

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2014, 05:45:47 PM »
   Finally, I have been trying to get you some more pics for two days. BP and670, thank you for your compliments. I usually do not like to publish pics, especially when it is a contracted build, but this one is not so here are a few.
   Graham, I agree that this is top price and approaching the price of a real one, but the maintenance is not $6 per mile which I understand is industry standard for the real one. I think you are comparing apples and oranges but consider something. I believe your budget will be the same with a $60,000 car that must be certified as with an $80,000 car that already is, and the second car gets more money spent on the components of the actual car.
   I would never be opposed to listening to an offer but realize that I am not a motivated seller and I do not mind it staying around. Also, it would be unprofessional of me to say what a customer paid for a car but the sister car to this (in one of the pics) was over $110,000 so I think my price fair and justified.
   Best regards either way but I still suggest either way to include a $2,000 airline ticket in your budget.
Charley   

76mx

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2014, 05:33:03 PM »
One more.

76mx

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2014, 05:32:08 PM »
Not sure why I can only do these one at a time.

76mx

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2014, 05:29:18 PM »
More to come.

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2014, 09:00:45 AM »
I'd love to see more detailed pics of this car. It sounds very nice!
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 649
  • Member Rating Points: +23/-0
  • Big Gulps, huh? All right! Well, see ya later.
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2014, 01:54:56 AM »
Nice Charley! Do you have any detailed pics of the build? I'd be interested in seeing how you put her together!
I met a man with a dollar, we exchanged dollars and we still had a dollar. I met a man with an idea, we exchanged ideas and now we both have two ideas!!!

Graham

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2014, 01:28:05 AM »
Hi Charley,

I think $80.000 is a bit high, by the time I pay for shipping, brokers fee and import tax the cost goes way over $100.000 and for that price I could probably get a real one. I know that would come at a higher running costs, but I think a better resale value then for a copĂ˝. However I couldn't really afford a real one, and there isn't nobody over here who could do the servicing. .

I can get a almost new new  diablo  with a 500 hp 190 mph BMW V12 with a 6 speed gearbox, which I would prefer with 200 miles on the clock for the same price as your unfinished price and that is without making him an offer.At least there are BMW dealers here that could keep the engine serviced.
The problem is again trusting the person that the spec and build is what they say it is. Maybe its a bit of "I got his money and he's over there and I'm here" attitude?

What do you think the performance figures will be for you car and are you open to offers and can you post some pictures?

Graham - Peru