Author Topic: Murcielago LP640 carkit ink door glass  (Read 1828 times)

nickmkk

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 61
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
  • Cloquet, MN
Re: Murcielago LP640 carkit ink door glass
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2021, 11:42:11 PM »
So my friend does have a set out of one his old builds he will sell, he wants 350 plus whatever shipping would be.

Oh, and just to be clear, Jackie bought the molds for the murcielago coupe and roadster from Steve at Triangle-G, who designed and built the molds and is the person most people bought their Lambo kits from. Jackie never built a thing.

Sold, please send me his info when you get a chance and thank you.

★Murcie-Me★

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 21
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
  • 3% Club Member
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2021, 09:41:41 PM »
So my friend does have a set out of one his old builds he will sell, he wants 350 plus whatever shipping would be.

Oh, and just to be clear, Jackie bought the molds for the murcielago coupe and roadster from Steve at Triangle-G, who designed and built the molds and is the person most people bought their Lambo kits from. Jackie never built a thing.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 09:46:13 PM by Murcie Me »

Simple Man 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 114
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2021, 07:59:32 PM »
The REDO had saturn glass installed for the side windows and they went up and down.

The picture below shows the door before and after I cut off the outer skin. 

Did it work smoothly?  not really, and it doesn't go down very far.  You can see how funky it sits in the door

I have a video of the saturn glass in operation as well

« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 08:12:57 PM by Simple Man 2.0 »

nickmkk

• Cloquet, MN
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2021, 06:42:48 PM »
I wish there was a section on the forums where only truthful accurate information could be posted so when people are looking for answers to their build issues they can be steered in the right direction the first time and NOT be misled by other peoples opinions or rumors they repeat. I cant tell you how much time and money I wasted on my build because i listened to people who didnt know what they were talking about.
So, to set the record straight, SATURN GLASS DOES NOT FIT ANY OF THESE BUILDS. It never has, and never will.
For the coupe, like Simple Man said, the OEM Murcielago coupe glass will fit. It'll take some work because of the difference in door sizes between OEM and kit. There is no other donor car glass available that will fit, not even Saturn.
When I did my build, I ordered custom glass to be made to fit. I sold all the extra sets so I dont have any more to offer, but I can check with a friend of mine who ordered custom glass as well, maybe he has some sets left. These are for coupes though, not roadster.

Just to be clear...I said Saturn glass since that is what Jackie at Car Kit Inc said in the video where they were installing the door glass into the Murci 2. Since they are the ones that built the body, it hardly felt like I was repeating a rumor.

Sorry to waste your time by trying to help. Attitudes like yours are the reason I walk away from forums.

That wasn't pointed at you, a lot of people have mentioned Saturn glass as the solution in different threads and forums, likely just repeating what they heard from Jacky.  Thanks for trying to help.

Neils88

• Liked: 135
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2021, 06:22:17 PM »
I wish there was a section on the forums where only truthful accurate information could be posted so when people are looking for answers to their build issues they can be steered in the right direction the first time and NOT be misled by other peoples opinions or rumors they repeat. I cant tell you how much time and money I wasted on my build because i listened to people who didnt know what they were talking about.
So, to set the record straight, SATURN GLASS DOES NOT FIT ANY OF THESE BUILDS. It never has, and never will.
For the coupe, like Simple Man said, the OEM Murcielago coupe glass will fit. It'll take some work because of the difference in door sizes between OEM and kit. There is no other donor car glass available that will fit, not even Saturn.
When I did my build, I ordered custom glass to be made to fit. I sold all the extra sets so I dont have any more to offer, but I can check with a friend of mine who ordered custom glass as well, maybe he has some sets left. These are for coupes though, not roadster.

Just to be clear...I said Saturn glass since that is what Jackie at Car Kit Inc said in the video where they were installing the door glass into the Murci 2. Since they are the ones that built the body, it hardly felt like I was repeating a rumor.

Sorry to waste your time by trying to help. Attitudes like yours are the reason I walk away from forums.

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2021, 09:04:01 AM »
Mike, good to see you back around on the forum! We have been neglecting the forum and haven’t changed anything in years but you have a good idea that would be beneficial to add more sections to include that. We are really tossing around the idea of passing the forum to somebody else maybe they will take that into consideration! 

★Murcie-Me★

• 3% Club Member
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2021, 10:08:11 PM »
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 10:12:41 PM by Murcie Me »

Simple Man 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 114
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2021, 07:44:23 PM »
I used OEM glass for my G28 

Works great

nickmkk

• Cloquet, MN
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2021, 03:32:23 PM »
Unfortunately there was never any donor glass for the Murcielago (G28) kits. There are some that fit close for the coupe, but major modifications to the doors are required to make them fit/function. For the roadster version, there are no (zero) donor glass that even come close to working. No Saturn glass from any model will fit a Murcielago roadster at all. Your best bet is to make your own from Lexan, or have no side glass at all, which is what most builders have done.

Do you know what the closest/best option would be for the coupe?  My dad is currently looking for glass for his build and mentioned that the saturn glass is too big to work.

★Murcie-Me★

• 3% Club Member
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2021, 12:45:00 AM »
Unfortunately there was never any donor glass for the Murcielago (G28) kits. There are some that fit close for the coupe, but major modifications to the doors are required to make them fit/function. For the roadster version, there are no (zero) donor glass that even come close to working. No Saturn glass from any model will fit a Murcielago roadster at all. Your best bet is to make your own from Lexan, or have no side glass at all, which is what most builders have done.

Neils88

• Liked: 135
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2021, 06:48:32 PM »
I think they were designed to use the door glass from a 2-door Saturn. Best to make a template and head to the auto wreckers.

Marangone

• Liked: 0
Murcielago LP640 carkit ink door glass
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 09:00:40 AM »
Hello building a 2010 murci LP640 roadster from car kit ink is anyone aware of what donor glass can be used for the doors ? Thank you much also the where about of Jackie former involved with carkit ink?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 09:11:01 AM by Marangone »