Author Topic: Engine Option Ideas  (Read 5223 times)

tonypaul

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +7/-0
Re: Engine Option Ideas
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2016, 07:51:54 PM »
Had every upgrade that can be done to 4t65eHD from TEP http://tripleedgeperformance.com/Transmissions.html

I have also upgraded the turbo/injectors/fuel system since my last post. The car is super ridiculous now, Im going to put a boost controller on it like in my Regal so I can ramp in the boost.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 07:57:36 PM by tonypaul »

Robert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 124
  • Member Rating Points: +4/-0
  • Lamborghini's rule!
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2016, 08:23:03 AM »
I put in a LS4 5.3 and transmission from 2007 Impala in my Diablo about 2 years ago. I run a Microsquirt on the engine and a Magnashift stand alone controller (paddleshift) for the trans. Since then I have had the trans fully upgraded and put on a 76mm turbo, LS6 cam, and switched to E85 fuel. (plus a bunch of other stuff)

It made 656hp 640tq on 10-12 pounds of boost off the the wastegate. But still get 20+ mpg if I drive right. Its a blast to drive!
Tonly, what mods did you make too your trans. 4t65E-hd? Thanks
Robert, Journeyman experimental mechanic, Journeyman experimental painter.

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2016, 06:56:18 PM »
Posted this earlier this week and still for sale.

http://lamboclone.com/index.php?topic=3372.0

Will go on Craigslist then EBay if no one is interested here.

Thanks,

Chris

George75

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2016, 10:02:13 AM »
I put in a LS4 5.3 and transmission from 2007 Impala in my Diablo about 2 years ago. I run a Microsquirt on the engine and a Magnashift stand alone controller (paddleshift) for the trans. Since then I have had the trans fully upgraded and put on a 76mm turbo, LS6 cam, and switched to E85 fuel. (plus a bunch of other stuff)

It made 656hp 640tq on 10-12 pounds of boost off the the wastegate. But still get 20+ mpg if I drive right. Its a blast to drive!
Hello TonyPaul, this is a great set up!
What kind of upgrade you've done to the tranny?
What kind of wiring are you using? custom or from Chevrollete?

JJS SE30

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Liked: 19
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2015, 09:18:17 AM »
Nice Set up Tonypaul,
  Seems like the perfect package.  That car gotta move like a rocket.  Keep you in mind if I decide to go that route.  Thxs

tonypaul

• Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +7/-0
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2015, 10:30:08 PM »

JJS SE30

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2015, 09:18:58 AM »
Hey Guys,
     Thanks for all the replies and insight.  Helps me get a better understanding about the issue at whole.  If I do not like how my tune port performs I'm gonna take this into a lot of consideration. 

Robert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 124
  • Member Rating Points: +4/-0
  • Lamborghini's rule!
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 02:14:54 AM »
Here is a link to stand alone EFI, and DFI management systems for later model vehicles.
 http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/engine/113-0504-standalone-efi-systems/
Robert, Journeyman experimental mechanic, Journeyman experimental painter.

SchulzeA

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Liked: 217
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-1
  • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 07:52:37 PM »
The 3.6 is a good engine. I'm surprised you get such good mileage. Mine gets 24mph babying it.
Replace the 3-5-R wave plate in the Trans if you decide to use the 3.6 with the stock 6t70 trans. They commonly fail and tear up the trans. The original wave plate is junk but they have a quality updated version available now. Just did mine and it would have been so much easier to do out of the car!

JJS SE30

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 02:13:34 PM »
Hey thanks for the input Farmer,
  I will definitely take it into consideration if I run across one for a good deal.  How have you been, haven't talked with you in awhile.  Hope all is well and take care.  Might PM you later about my Diablo, having some thoughts about selling it but not sure.  Mainly just your opinion & thought especially for pricing.  Thxs Again!

farmer

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 21
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 02:01:24 PM »
relatively easy to do, the motor should bolt up to the trans adaptor you have, the flywheel might need to be from a comaro, or it might even use the one from the v8 thats in the car currently.  as for the wiring as long as you get the motor with the ecu harness and ecu you can have the ecu reprogrammed to run in your car,  it wil require certain things to be disabled like the "pats" system and mabye and oxygen sensor or two. there is a company called hp tuners that specializes in doing this stuff and they can walk you through the steps even to adapt the wiring for your application via their forums

JJS SE30

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 01:28:37 PM »
I'm sure the wiring would be different but when I look under the hood it doesn't appear to have wiring all over the place.  First let me say wiring is not my speciality and cannot offer a quality opinion on what it would exactly be like.  I had a 5.3 V8 in my 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP and I know that had a lot more wiring due to the D.O.D. system(V8 to V6 to V4).  In addition I must say that V8 did not perform any better than my current 3.6 V6 VVT and the gas mileage doesn't even compare.  My main opinion would be the availability in the engine compartment, I have a horizontal set V8 in my Diablo and the motor is practically up against the compartment wall.  If I had the V6 in there it would give much more adequate room let alone save room for superchargers and/or turbos if I had the money and was crazy enough-lol.  Probably run a lot cooler too!  I know the V8 is always a cheaper and quicker for the install but I was just throwing it out there if anyone had the opportunity to do it.  Probably be easier to get that euro sound too with the V6 but who knows I'm still like you Tusabes I love the easiness and multiple functions of the Chevy V8's.  Just throwing opinion's for idea's.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 01:30:49 PM by JJS SE30 »

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 01:00:29 PM »
The 5.3 lt4 v8 and matching gearbox from
A fwd Monte Carlo from the mid 2000s  is basically a drop in to a fiero and puts out the same power

Id imagine the new 3.6 would be harder to integrate given all its electronics

JJS SE30

Engine Option Ideas
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 12:34:11 PM »
Hello everyone,
   Just throwing out a little food for thought.  If someone wanted to have a new age motor in their replica and been wondering what to use and still have plenty of room in the engine bay.  Well I recently, with in the last year, purchase a 2014 Impala LT(new body style) that is equipped with the 3.6VVT motor and let me say I am truly amazed.  It has 305HP and on the freeway with four people in the car & the AC on I was pulling 32mpg's.  The torque and power ratio are a wonderful match and couldn't imagine how it would respond in a light weight replica.  I even thought if I could find a wrecked Impala that I would consider pulling out my Chevy Tune Port V8 out of my Diablo for one.  I'm sure the wiring would be a trip but well worth it.  If your considering it take an Impala for a test drive, the power is awesome and that takes a lot coming from a V8 die hard like myself.