Author Topic: AVENTADOR WINDSHIELDS  (Read 14370 times)

INSPIREcomposite (BANNED)

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Liked: 108
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
Re: AVENTADOR WINDSHIELDS
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2015, 03:55:50 PM »
you should just let me machine the buck for you, it would take not even 3 weeks.

No thank you.

fine, how much for you to machine me a buck?

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2015, 03:46:55 PM »
A long time ago I built Aventador with monokok. My client buy copy aventador windshield.
I can ask him how much it cost.

that is really good

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2015, 02:31:56 PM »
you should just let me machine the buck for you, it would take not even 3 weeks.

No thank you.

Seemann

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 19
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2015, 02:14:30 PM »
A long time ago I built Aventador with monokok. My client buy copy aventador windshield.
I can ask him how much it cost.

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2015, 01:29:48 PM »

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2015, 01:04:31 PM »
Thanks Charley, hopefully we will get to see this beauty soon!
Pedro

76mx

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 12:36:05 PM »
Rob,
   He did not tell me what model the windshield was either, and I can certainly understand why. I studied the lines of it and saw nothing at all that looked awkward or did not flow correctly. Remember, his car is not a scan or copy, it is all freehand design. Parts of it could be off by what would be considered substantial, but when you step back and look at it, it still looks correct and nice.

Rob James

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 18
  • Member Rating Points: +4/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 12:25:29 PM »
Hey Charley, what's your opinion of Aventcar's windshield he's using for his kit? I'm assuming you saw it when you visited him? He tells me it is a modified passenger vehicle windshield with the ends cut off and shaped, though he wasn't specific what make and model it was. Just that it fits his kit. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Rob,  ::beers

76mx

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 11:25:30 AM »
Pedro,
   I have good glass solutions for the project but was researching other possible options. I am not waiting on that, the first one is started and I have a deposit for it and others sold already. If there was a delay, it was the CNC machine that I purchased last November. In April, three days before leaving for California to pick it up on the agreed delivery date, they told me that the chassis had not left China yet and the wiring in the U.S. had not been started. I cancelled that order (actually they forfeited it), and purchased another company's machine that was in stock in California. After a delay getting my money back form the first one, I went to get the second one. An inspection showed damage in shipping previous but I agreed to take it and the repairs would be made at my shop. They are supposed to be completed tomorrow.
   I am waiting on my Patent Pending status for some of the chassis construction technique as well as Copyrights. I cannot post or make that info public before that, but it should happen in the next few weeks. I keep a low profile in social media but have hired a man to do only that campaign once we have the Patent Pending and Copyrights.

Charley 

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 09:10:55 AM »
Ouch!

Is finding a windshield for your concept car the last bit that you are waiting on before starting on building it?  I really can't wait to see it.
Pedro

76mx

AVENTADOR WINDSHIELDS
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 11:10:21 PM »
   I do not expect much response to this but I will throw it out there anyway. In my research on glass for my concept car, I have found a source for Aventador windshields. $3,000 each, minimum order is two.