Author Topic: Lamborghini V12 Engine Wall Display  (Read 1881 times)

madmods

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 17
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
Re: Lamborghini V12 Engine Wall Display
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 05:49:07 AM »
Wicked find Chris! I would build a coffee table out of it and install a glass counter top above it. Maybe build a metal frame work that you can disguise with motor parts. Either way that things wicked cool  ::headbang

I second that
Keep dreaming-I'm sweating, glassing, welding and building every night!
Gagliardi Vendetta
Vetter Carrera Gt
Vetter Lp 640

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 10:00:32 PM »
Tonight I identified it as a LP400 engine.   ::thumbup

It must've been molded from an original engine because there are casting marks on the block that no one would've ever intentionally put there.

Chris

Havemurci

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 89
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 12:42:24 PM »
That is all kinds of cool ::headbang

BlkBat

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 12:13:26 PM »
Sweet! ::thumbup

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 08:17:13 AM »
Very nice!

Jets303

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 148
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 11:27:01 PM »
Wicked find Chris! I would build a coffee table out of it and install a glass counter top above it. Maybe build a metal frame work that you can disguise with motor parts. Either way that things wicked cool  ::headbang

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
Lamborghini V12 Engine Wall Display
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 09:17:23 PM »
You guys are going to love this! 

I picked this up tonight from a fellow who has had it for about 15 years.  His brother in law was an engineer that worked on some projects with Lamborghini (probably during the Chrysler era).  His best estimate is that he made it 20 - 25 years ago for some unknown reason.  It eventually made it's way onto his son's bedroom wall.  The son grew up and moved out, so it was time to find a new home for it. 

The detail on this thing is amazing and all the parts appear to have been either resin cast or milled from rigid foam.  I've been trying to identify the year it's based on and it seems to be around the late Countach and early Diablo years which would fit the age he was putting on it.  From what I can tell it's actual scale and it weighs about 20 - 30 pounds. 

Now how to use it...  ::scratch  One thought was to build a Lamborghini "shrine" in my Man Cave.  I envision it hanging on the wall a couple inches off the floor with a collection of 1/18 scale models above it.  I also thought that I could make a wood Lamborghini crate that would sit about eight inches from the wall and hang this above it so it looked like it was sitting on top.  I would try to have one model per type of V12 Lamborghini produced and build this around a large hood badge that I picked up last year (it's a huge belt buckle - see picture) and of course I 'd also need a large laser or water cut Lamborghini script to really set it off.   ::LAMBO2

If anyone thinks they need this worse than I do, shoot me an offer in a private message and let's figure out where it should end up long term.   ::toothy

Chris
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 11:21:48 AM by No Bull »