Author Topic: aventador glass  (Read 5370 times)

stethy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 43
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
  • aventador

AdrianBurton

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 202
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 12:11:32 AM by AdrianBurton »

stethy

• aventador
Re: aventador glass
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2016, 03:03:16 AM »
I have request to a glasscompany Pilkington and 2 another companys here in europe just now and wait for the answear how low they can go for whole set of glasses.
I let you know guys ::tongue
Here you have a another company who only supply :)
http://www.eurospares.co.uk/
Thank you for reading

stethy

• aventador
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2016, 02:53:53 AM »
I'm using a 2000 Infiniti I30 windshield.  It is shorter (by the wipers), but very close on the other 3 sides.  Paying $150 for a windshield just made more sense than $2500+.  I couldn't imagine the feeling of getting that first stone chip that turns into a crack...  People really familiar with an Aventador will probably pick out that the windshield is shorter, but for the general public, they'll never notice.  I always have the option to rework things a little later for an OEM windshield if I really want to...unlikely.  I might use OEM for the 6 side pieces, unless another option presents itself.  I've got close to $10K of OEM parts for my build and will probably double that by the time I'm finished.

Hi.
What is the exact scadual at this windshield?

Thank you for reading
Stethy

rodartneva

• Liked: 2
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2016, 12:51:46 AM »
if you can find the info Adrian that would be great. I could go to the guys that did our diablo glass calles Glass Pro but they are more expensive than agp..they wanted 5 grand for the setup on the windshield and then 900 a windshield. the one thing was the glass was thick and heavy. I have had the windshield in my diablo for 15 yrs and havent had the chance to mount it and its still intact

AdrianBurton

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 202
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2016, 09:51:28 PM »
rodartneva

I think I had the contact info for a place on KC a while back for a place that was willing to make some for a reasonable-ish price

rodartneva

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2016, 04:13:06 AM »
I ended up buying all the glass and a set or roadster door glass as well. I couldn't pass the deal I Was offered on the glass. I've seen a few post as to who can do the manufacturing but don't remember who. can someone point me in the right direction far away from agp please. I'm actually getting exited. I am ordering the steel for the chassis and will start that this weekend. back to the glass. I am hoping some guys will pool their money with me to get these manufactured otherwise I will pay for it myself. buy in now at a discount or later with a markup. as far as needed investors with this project I have decided against that. I can afford to fund this myself but would have liked to have worked with a couple guys until yesterday when I had to deal with an ego gone wild. I had to laugh because these are replicas save the attitudes and greatness for guys that lamborghini sells to privately

rodartneva

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2016, 11:55:43 AM »
hi lp700 I'm pretty sure the parts you need will be available to purchase. pm me what you need. I think using one source 9ff glass would be a good idea for the manufacturers. the kits on the makers I'm sure could modify their molds to fit the oem glass especially the ones that don't know what they are using yet. I've dealt with agp and I'm not happy with how they disappeared on me owing me a few sets of diablo glass. they owe me 10 sets and I haven't been able to get them to answer their phone in 2 yrs. has anyone sourced a good glass manufacturer? I have a Chinese source but they made the narcotics glass which was junk

LP700-4

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2016, 06:04:33 AM »
Hi rodartneva,

I would be interested in an OEM spec glass for my build.  I am building the same kit as Neil is but will be converting mine over to a roadster.  If your parts are OEM spec do you know if the manufacture of this kit would be willing to sell a few pieces here and there? 

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2016, 05:39:20 AM »
Welcome to the forum
RodArt!  A replica body  that is oem spec bolt for bolt with all oem mounting points hasn't been seen before

Very curious how your OEM parts will fit to it

Can you post some pics ?

Neils88

• Liked: 134
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2016, 04:47:27 PM »
rodartneva - PM sent

rodartneva

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2016, 03:45:24 PM »
I have the body already, it only uses oem glass because it's a really really really good replica. everything is oem spec and all parts will fit the real car like original. when I say fit I don't mean they are close I mean they bolt right to the factory mounts no fabrication necessary. Hi Neil, I saw your build recently. maybe we can work together on the glass. I'm looking for a couple guys to work with on having glass lights and suspension and electrical components manufactured to oem spec. I'm not new to this, I've seen some replies to some of my posts and i must say that I wouldn't tackle this with such ease if I hadn't done this before. I've built a couple cars in my day including an oem spec diablo replica which was great practice for tackling this project. the experience I've gained over the past 20 yrs is already proving valuable in cost, time, authenticity, and ease of build. Neil, if you get a chance will you please pm me. I may have some things that will help your build and I'd like to speak with you about the glass and lights.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 04:12:54 PM by rodartneva »

Neils88

• Liked: 134
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 03:38:44 PM »
I'm using a 2000 Infiniti I30 windshield.  It is shorter (by the wipers), but very close on the other 3 sides.  Paying $150 for a windshield just made more sense than $2500+.  I couldn't imagine the feeling of getting that first stone chip that turns into a crack...  People really familiar with an Aventador will probably pick out that the windshield is shorter, but for the general public, they'll never notice.  I always have the option to rework things a little later for an OEM windshield if I really want to...unlikely.  I might use OEM for the 6 side pieces, unless another option presents itself.  I've got close to $10K of OEM parts for my build and will probably double that by the time I'm finished.

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 09:47:18 AM »
It looks like you have your cart before your horse.  OEM parts do not necessarily fit some bodies without extensive modifications.  Get your body first, then make sure that your parts will fit.
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

rodartneva

aventador glass
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 12:03:39 AM »
I'm building an aventador and have a windshield alreadt. I'm seeing if anyone else is using oem glass.