Author Topic: Possible TEMPORARY paddle shift  (Read 1288 times)

armyman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 6
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
Re: Possible TEMPORARY paddle shift
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 09:58:49 PM »
Wow, that's cool. I figured this could be a temporary solution, but if yours worked that long and still working this might be worth it!

tonypaul

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +7/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 09:49:47 PM »
I made a wireless paddleshifter in my Diablo using a $20 ebay door lock/unlock kit and some used Audi paddles. Been working great for 3+ years. I also have a 2 way mometary rocker switch in my center console that serves as a back up. I can push a button on my steering wheel housing that shuts off the battery in the remote so that I can use the rocker shift should I wish.

The only down side is that each upshift or downshift requires a double tap on the paddles. I could have wired it to for it upshift/downshift with only one click on the paddles by wiring it with out relays. But figured it would be safer using the relays and the double tap prevents accidental shifts. There used to be pics of it here on this forum but I guess with the forum ownership change they are gone. I might have some pics somewhere on one of my computers.

armyman

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 01:43:21 PM »
2nd picture is correct. I forgot to ground 87A in 1st pic.

armyman

Possible TEMPORARY paddle shift
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 12:58:05 PM »
I DO NOT recommend using this as a permanent paddle shift! Build one like MM and others have! Now saying that, I was playing around with some relays, buttons and a linear actuator and got it to work. One button up and the other down. I thought to myself if I could make a paddle shift with this if I had a digital gear indicator, and maybe a few safety switches. Can't draw very well but tried to draw a pic of how it worked. Any questions please ask. 
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 01:42:27 PM by armyman »