Author Topic: Nickmkk's Build  (Read 25775 times)

CCIE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 96
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
Re: Nickmkk's Build
« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2017, 02:54:27 PM »
Hello everyone were can i get the folding side mirrors and gas cap assembly for my Diablo Replica IFG armilonic at gmail dot com

PM me I have a set of the IFG side mirrors
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 02:58:55 PM by CCIE »

Rmarquezlamboreplica

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2017, 01:23:45 AM »
Hello everyone were can i get the folding side mirrors and gas cap assembly for my Diablo Replica IFG armilonic at gmail dot com

nickmkk

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 61
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
  • Cloquet, MN
« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2017, 12:47:05 PM »
I got tired of looking at my fuel door sitting on my desk so I finally installed it on the body, it looks great.  Thanks a bunch Lambocars for the awesome parts.

nickmkk

• Cloquet, MN
« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2017, 12:42:53 PM »
Another update from the last couple weeks.  I finally bought some fans and got them mounted on my radiators, hopefully these will keep things cool enough.

nickmkk

• Cloquet, MN
« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2017, 12:39:49 PM »
Over the winter I finished assembling the LT1 that will be going into my car and I finally made it to the Dyno for some tuning.  It made 456hp at 6100RPM and was still climbing, It's capable of more power but I don't want to rev it much higher than that, it will just be a street car after all.

nickmkk

• Cloquet, MN
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2017, 10:40:04 AM »
I used the mirror holders out of the Impreza mirrors.  I had to cut them down because the Impreza mirror glass is taller but they'll give me something to attach the Murcielago mirror glass too.  I still need to cut off the sides but I left them on while I was building the mirrors because the lip helped me see where the surface of the glass would be.

I NEEDED to see this post, I got the civic mirrors and plan to do the same thing

What did you use for the "mirror holder"

AdrianBurton

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 202
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2017, 09:52:39 AM »
I NEEDED to see this post, I got the civic mirrors and plan to do the same thing

What did you use for the "mirror holder"

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2017, 05:50:36 PM »
Wow that's great work Nick, glad to see that you are back on it.  I'm sure a lot of people will find this very helpful, thanks for posting it.  ::thumbup
Pedro

nickmkk

• Cloquet, MN
« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2017, 04:25:47 PM »
Spring is right around the corner and it's about time I get back to work.  I decided to start back by making my mirrors work since that's something I could do inside and away from the cold.  I used a set of 01 JDM Imprezza mirrors because they looked small and the price was right.  I had to cut them up to make it work but they turned out alright and work great.

nickmkk

• Cloquet, MN
« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2016, 11:56:14 AM »
I decided to glue the louvers to flat bar to hold them straight, I'll have to straighten them out more with body work but I think it will work.  I also finished reinforcing the trunks and doors, hopefully I left enough room for the power windows.  I won't get around to hinging these anytime soon but I wanted to get this done before it gets much colder here. 

I think I'll sort out the fuel door area next then work on mounting the body to the chassis, temporarily of course, I'll blast and paint the chassis eventually.  I wanted to mount tail lights and rear grills before setting the body on the chassis but I'm hoping Schulze comes through with awesome replica tail lights.   
:drool

« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 11:57:52 AM by nickmkk »

nickmkk

• Cloquet, MN
« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2016, 06:39:16 PM »
I think I'll force the louvers to straighten out by clamping something to them then reinforce the bonnet with steel along the sides and across the bottom.  Hopefully the louvers will hold their shape when the adhesive dries, If not I'll cut them out and recreate them.  Unfortunately I can't bond steel to the bottom side of the louvers or I won't be able to see out the back window. 

Peggyontherunireland

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2016, 05:26:03 PM »
The bonnet has warped you will hav to put strength back into bonnet to get it straight

nickmkk

• Cloquet, MN
« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2016, 05:11:31 PM »
I think I've got some issues with my engine bonnet.  I don't think the louvers should be curved like this, also, the curve isn't symmetrical on the top louver.  Has anyone dealt with this before? should I just cut these louvers out and glass in straight ones? 

Thanks for the  ::help.

nickmkk

• Cloquet, MN
« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2016, 08:35:46 AM »
I mounted my exhaust tip this weekend, slowly but surely I will get this thing done.  By the way, thanks for the mounting bracket Cory, it worked out great.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 09:53:04 PM by nickmkk »

nickmkk

• Cloquet, MN
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2016, 02:23:28 PM »
I was able to get some of my grills mounted.  It looks like I need to buy tail lights before I can mount the rest of the rear grills though.  I'm not looking forward to putting up the money for those, lol.