Author Topic: New to LamboClone  (Read 3519 times)

Neils88

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 134
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
Re: New to LamboClone
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2017, 09:40:52 PM »
That's too bad that you've had to put the project on hold (for now, I hope!).  Your background sounds like you would be in a good position to create an awesome replica!  I was in a similar position and unable to commit the time required.  I finally ended up being able to jump in with both feet about three years ago.  Don't give up on your dream!

ActiveLife

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 1
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2017, 06:02:43 PM »
Bitter / Sweet...

Just wanted to update the progress of my upcoming build (for the few of you that have been involved), unfortunately it's not going to happen after all.  I received an unexpected promotion at work that is going to consume far more of my time than my current position, leaving me barely enough for family and sleep.

My wife and I have been planning this particular build for the past two years, all of the finances accounted for, we built a beautiful new house, set up a nice large work area, and found sources for all of the OE body panels... then after leaving a meeting with my boss recently, I found I'd been promoted requiring more travel, more responsibility, and FAR less free time.

I'll still be on here every once in a while watching everyone's progress and hopefully post some encouragement... but unfortunately I won't be able to join into the fun as planned.

All my best,
-Active

Thumper

• Liked: 31
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2016, 04:16:58 PM »
Welcome!

AdrianBurton

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 202
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2016, 10:00:50 PM »
Welcome to the forum
you will enjoy it here

sisqocracker

• Liked: 45
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-0
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2016, 02:51:36 PM »
Very cool. Glad to have ya on board.  I've built networks most of my career and have been on this Diablo for 2 years and a bit build time. Trying to get fuel in it today to see if I can fire it up on one injector.

ActiveLife

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2016, 02:14:59 PM »
Thank you all for a warm welcome... your builds look great!  Pedro's 670 and Coop's Diablo are coming along very nicely!

Pedro, I too am looking forward to starting, soon enough buddy, soon enough.

To those that don't know me, a brief Bio:

Started young restoring British cars with my father, then became the lead painter to a high end body shop to which I eventually managed.  Changed careers and eventually became a top level composite technician within an advanced industry and started my own composite Lamborghini business on the side.  The business was successful and I was signed to exclusively build Lamborghini parts and repair OE vehicles for a private company.  I was then offered a very nice promotion at my full time job so I had to choose to either do the Lamborghini composites, repairs, and paintwork full time, or to again advance in my career... I chose to stay with my long time employer and advance in my career.

Earlier on in life I was very interested in building a vehicle from scratch and had always likened to Lamborghini, then later on I started the businesses and was dealing with OE vehicles so it filled the void.  Now the Lamborghini bug in biting again and I am faced with a choice.  I could just go buy a Murcielago at market price, I could purchase a damaged Murcielago and repair it to OE Spec or modified Spec, or as a third option I could build one from scratch to OE Spec but with my choice of components.

I have decided on my third option as I would be left with a very driver friendly OE Spec vehicle with my choice of reliable/maintenance friendly drive train, and my options as I choose to build it.  I plan on daily driving the vehicle for many many years to come so I will build it to a standard that supports such.

Thanks again for the warm welcome and if there is anything that I can offer to this forum, please don't hesitate to ask.

-Active

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2016, 09:52:18 AM »
Welcome buddy, glad to see you made it over here.  Can't wait to see you start your own build.
Pedro

SchulzeA

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Liked: 217
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-1
  • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 01:08:54 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Do you have a build in progress?

sisqocracker

• Liked: 45
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 10:47:43 PM »
Welcome!
 ::wave

-Coop

minihawn

• Liked: 84
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 07:28:01 PM »
welcome... ::thumbup
Fate has no choice

ActiveLife

New to LamboClone
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 06:27:36 PM »
Hello forum,

I'm new to this LamboClone site (just came over from MadMech's).  I see a few friendly screen names already as I peer through the posts.

I hope to be a contributing member, help out where I can, and watch all of the great builds progress.

-Active