Author Topic: Replica LP640 Tail Lights  (Read 3209 times)

★Murci-Me★

• 3% CLUB MEMBER
  • Trade Count: (-1)
  • Liked: 61
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
Re: Replica LP640 Tail Lights
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2016, 10:01:11 PM »
They are one of those things that separate the "replicas" from the "kitcars" though, I doubt you'll have any regrets once you see how the OEM lights make your car look.

nickmkk

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
  • Cloquet, MN
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2016, 09:53:38 PM »
I just don't get it. Why would anybody go through that much work to make a "replica" taillight and still be so far off from the original? I can see it being off if you are just modifying an existing light, but when you start from scratch like this why wouldn't you do it right? Its no more work since you are making all the parts anyway, so why not make them right from the start. I don't understand why people leave so much room for improvement on the products they make.

No kidding, it seems like he could have nailed it with a few changes and I would be buying a set.  Oh well, I'll feel better knowing I have OEM lights anyway, I won't feel better paying the bill for them though, lol.

★Murci-Me★

• 3% CLUB MEMBER
  • Trade Count: (-1)
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2016, 09:46:33 PM »
I just don't get it. Why would anybody go through that much work to make a "replica" taillight and still be so far off from the original? I can see it being off if you are just modifying an existing light, but when you start from scratch like this why wouldn't you do it right? Its no more work since you are making all the parts anyway, so why not make them right from the start. I don't understand why people leave so much room for improvement on the products they make.

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2016, 09:58:40 AM »
It seems like they are not wide enough. They should come to the body line at the top.

I suppose you'd have to modify the taillight openings to close up that gap.  Also, he added a picture of the brake lights which I'm not a huge fan of.  I don't think I'm interested anymore, I will just fork up the big bucks for tail lights when the time comes since I want my car to look close to OEM.  As always, thanks for the input guys.   
::beers

Lights are pretty important if you want your car to look right, it's a big ticket item but OEM lights are totally worth it.
Pedro

nickmkk

• Cloquet, MN
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2016, 09:38:37 AM »
It seems like they are not wide enough. They should come to the body line at the top.

I suppose you'd have to modify the taillight openings to close up that gap.  Also, he added a picture of the brake lights which I'm not a huge fan of.  I don't think I'm interested anymore, I will just fork up the big bucks for tail lights when the time comes since I want my car to look close to OEM.  As always, thanks for the input guys.   
::beers

lp670mike

• Lambo Mafia
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 282
  • Member Rating Points: +10/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 06:13:09 AM »

lp670mike

• Lambo Mafia
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 05:59:38 AM »
Looks like he added a pic of them on the car. Or maybe i missed it earlier.
The picture almost looks photo shopped or something. Also the fitment of the lights look off or something. Aside from that stuff if he is legit they are the nicest option for 640 tails that I have seen.

lp670mike

• Lambo Mafia
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 05:11:01 AM »
I messaged this guy the other day to ask about the pricing. He shows tail lights and headlights.

This was the response I got:

New message from: xavieryssis (0)
Can't read this email?
See translation
The accuracy or availability of the resulting translation is not guaranteed. Learn more

Bom dia amigo , obrigado pelo contato...o valor do anuncio é por unidade..mas estamos com promoção:

01 par de lanternas completas r$3500,00 ( reais ) + frete grátis

OU

01 par de faróis completos r$5556,00 +( reais ) frete grátis

a disposição ..

Good morning friend, thanks for contact ... the value of the advertisement is for one piece.. *we will change the price of the advertisement

Two of complete tail lights = $1073.00 ( dollars) + Free Shipping

OR

Two of complete head lights = $ 1684.00 ( dollars ) + Free Shipping

nickmkk

• Cloquet, MN
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 04:04:00 AM »
Judging by the wiring on the back they do not appear to be waterproof or water resistant, although that could probably be fixed with some clear silicone.  Also he doesn't have pictures of the brake or reverse lights which is a little concerning.  I asked him for more pictures of those lights so we'll see what he says.  They are the most oem looking replica lights I have seen though.  The language barrier plus no ebay feedback will probably be a deal breaker for me though, I'm not in the mood for being scammed, lol.

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 12:18:53 AM »
Those are probably the best I've seen yet.  Too bad the seller has zero feedback.
Pedro

nickmkk

• Cloquet, MN
Replica LP640 Tail Lights
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 09:19:23 PM »
I just stumbled across these on ebay, they look like a possibly decent alternative for LP640 tail lights.  I want mine to look OEM so have been planning on buying OEM lights when the time comes but these might be decent, thoughts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/tail-ligths-lamborghini-murcielago-replica-leds-lanterna-frete-gratis-customized-/172344862520?hash=item28208de738:g:ZXsAAOSwCGVX3Jah&vxp=mtr