Author Topic: 2017 Carlisle Big Replica Car Turn Out!  (Read 4892 times)

01Lambiero

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
Re: 2017 Carlisle Big Replica Car Turn Out!
« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2017, 10:36:10 AM »
The shame (if there is one) comes with having to cover (all of the time and effort, blood, sweat, & tears, that we put into a build) with the beautiful top coat of one of the most beautiful cars ever produced.  The finished project is a masterpiece that cannot be mirrored by any other "kitcar" period.  At present, I am slowed down by "build depression" (the unseen enemy of such a hobby that hinders our completion).  Maybe it has something to due to age (73) but when you fall off of a horse....get up and jump into the saddle again.  Maybe this will be a good summer for me.  We have yet to see one of the many Murcies at the Carlisle Show.  The Murcies have been the main Lamboclone topic for the last five years or so.  Hope to see some examples next year in Carlisle.  Come and get your shot of adrenalin to stay on your "horse".

01 Jim
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

diablodoc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2017, 09:16:32 AM »
I'd like to reinforce what Ron (RT) said.  Actually, his tag at the bottom of his posts says it all.  You really need to have a desire to BUILD, not just own.  If you enjoy creating and building and you take pride and pleasure in accomplishing something few can do, then this might be for you.  If you just want to look "cool" and want to do it on the cheap, then look somewhere else.

RT

• Member Rating Points: +15/-0
« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2017, 08:30:00 PM »
It was many, many years ago that I brought my in-progress Diablo to the Carlisle show.  Most people would see a finished car and get stars in their eyes thinking it would be so much fun and easy to build one of these beauties in a few weeks.  I figured people needed to see what really goes into a build.  Even the first time I brought my car it was constantly "examined" by a lot of people.  I thoroughly encourage those in the process of building to show them off!  It can only help people realize these are not toys that can be assembled at home with little effort.  We builders are a rare group of talented individuals with enormous skill sets and a desire to create.  We basically are building street rods that happen to look like a Lamborghini.  The dedication to making it a true replica adds to the complexity.  ANYONE who completes one of these deserves their spot on the list of 3%-ers.
The online trolls who don't get it and want to only draw a reaction from us by bashing what we do should die a slow death.
I saw one such idiot at 88.5countach youtube channel who insisted on belittling my build by calling me stupid for building what I could buy.  He obviously didn't get it or just wanted to raise our ire.  We all know why we do this and it is not because we just want to buy  Lamborghini.  We are driven to make a statement by our accomplishment.  And it can be fun.
So guys, be proud of what you do and let people see it in all stages as you build.

RT
It isn't enough to want a Lambo, you have to want to BUILD A CAR.

lambo_sam

• 3% CLUB MEMBER
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
  • So. Cal, living the lambo dream everyday!
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/147611676@N08/albums
« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2017, 07:12:58 PM »
Was really good having the in process builds their you can really see many people peering into Adrian's and COOP's cars figuring out, can I do this....

Hopefully People can really see that building one of these cars is no joke! and that this is not a car that you can just take a bug chassis and engine and slap a body on it and roll! Our cars are not kit cars from the 70's Nor are they kits at all!

88.5countach

• Member Rating Points: +1/-0
    • 88.5 Countach's Website (Lamborghini Countach Replica)
« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2017, 10:54:56 AM »
Was really good having the in process builds their you can really see many people peering into Adrian's and COOP's cars figuring out, can I do this....

AdrianBurton

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Member Rating Points: +10/-0
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2017, 12:01:05 AM »
AGREED Jim

That is why I have brought mine unfinished, besides it makes me get a lot of stuff done so that I can show some progress

LOL

01Lambiero

« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2017, 10:53:19 AM »
Since I brought my chassis to the Carlisle Show in 2013, I realized that we NEED unfinished Lambos at this show.  People just don't realize the work and dedication that goes into our replicas.  You cannot imagine the questions asked by a huge number of viewers.  So next year let's continue and build our attendance at this event before it disappears.

01 Jim

« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 11:02:18 AM by 01Lambiero »
Retired

Tusabes

• Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2017, 03:19:14 AM »
Wow
I have newfound awe and respect for the builders of these beautiful cars. I bought my kit already built and it's pretty from afar but has nothing like the attention to detail in these cars

My hats off to all of you - and RT your car is simply unreal

88.5countach

« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2017, 07:37:16 AM »
Video of RT's interview is up.  Thanks for the interview enjoyed it! https://youtu.be/s3TWlxlfxLk

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

88.5countach

« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2017, 07:48:38 AM »
88.5countach (Todd) has more videos up for viewing at his blog site (whatever that is) ::scratch ::scratch ::zzzzz ::zzzzz  Thanks, Todd.

https://lamborghinicountachreplica.wordpress.com/

01 Jim

Your welcome, the blog just has some more pics and quicky things I may share.

01Lambiero

« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2017, 01:05:26 PM »
88.5countach (Todd) has more videos up for viewing at his blog site (whatever that is) ::scratch ::scratch ::zzzzz ::zzzzz  Thanks, Todd.

https://lamborghinicountachreplica.wordpress.com/

01 Jim
Retired

sisqocracker

« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2017, 09:48:49 PM »
It is very cool.  I appreciate Todd making this one for me.  I went straight to hacking it up into another project that I think you guys will like.  Let me know.  I'll post up Todd's video he made for me later tonight or tomorrow.  I just realized that I hadn't done that already.  Was pretty cool. The interview was good but there is only so much of my car to look at (with it not being done yet).  So I turned it into this promo looking video, that I then added some technical info at the end and in the description box.  Trying to trickle the info out there for others who want to follow it, and maybe copy some of what I have done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4Lf3qOLMYc

I got Todd's video up now too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y402z9mkE6I

Thanks,
Coop
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 10:21:04 PM by sisqocracker »

88.5countach

« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2017, 09:40:17 PM »
That would be cool to have, thanks Todd

pm your email and I will share the file with you.

AdrianBurton

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Member Rating Points: +10/-0
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2017, 12:29:25 PM »
That would be cool to have, thanks Todd

88.5countach

« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2017, 09:39:44 AM »
RT I remember reading that now.  Think Steve stayed Sunday and was there at 10am, that's about the time we arrived so not sure if he was at the awards or not?

Thanks guys for the comments on the videos, enjoy doing it and viewing our cars while doing so.  I'm just a rookie at this and it enables me to combine a couple hobbies. 

I split the video's up, tomorrow night is Blake and I on the trip/arriving and Steve's car.  https://youtu.be/3Q1onVudfFI (should be up after 4pm)
Then RT next Friday and Coop, Jim, Adrian and Bob the following Friday.

If Jim, Adrian or Bob what their cuts of the video I can share them on gmail or post an unlisted Youtube version of just their cars for them.

Thanks for watch'n....see ya!