Author Topic: 2017 Carlisle Big Replica Car Turn Out!  (Read 4809 times)

01Lambiero

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
Re: 2017 Carlisle Big Replica Car Turn Out!
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2017, 12:29:22 PM »
Sorry 76mx  :'(  Can there be two of you.....parallel universe maybe.....??  Good thing I didn't give him any money!!

20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

RT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Member Rating Points: +15/-0
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2017, 12:06:22 PM »
WAY TO GO Steve and Marilyn!
Your Diablo roadster was awesome and deserved the award.
So glad that a Diablo was recognized by Carlisle for an award.
We all hope to see you next year.  We could have even more Lambos show up.

RT
It isn't enough to want a Lambo, you have to want to BUILD A CAR.

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Member Rating Points: +10/-0
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2017, 11:57:16 AM »
Not to be overlooked but I did find 76mx over in the "Y" Building doing some final polishing on his beautiful Exotic car.  Maybe he can post a picture and tell us a little about it.  How about it, Charlie?  I should have went back with my camera.  My bad.  Sorry. :( :'(

I have not been to Carlisle in several years, it was not me, but I will give you the update. We sent the first design files to the Peterbuilt people today for body plugs and molds. There is more to send and the first complete bodies are still a few months out. Congratulations on the show, with seven cars in attendance, I am willing to make it eight next year. How did it go with the television show filming there?

01Lambiero

« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2017, 10:39:41 AM »
SPECIAL CONGRATS TO: Steve and Marilynn Zeafla from Nashville, Tenn. for placing 1st in the 501 Exotic/Supercar class of the "drive thru judging" with their fine Arancio Atlas (orange) 1999 Lamborghini Diablo replica.  ::bounce ::headbang :drool ::LAMBO ::thumbup ::salute  (Of course, we knew it was a winner to begin with)  To be judged in your category, you must be preregistered for the Drive Thru Judging.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 09:02:12 AM by 01Lambiero »
Retired

01Lambiero

« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2017, 10:03:07 AM »
Not to be overlooked but I did find 76mx over in the "Y" Building doing some final polishing on his beautiful Exotic car.  Maybe he can post a picture and tell us a little about it.  How about it, Charlie?  I should have went back with my camera.  My bad.  Sorry. :( :'(

« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 10:51:11 AM by 01Lambiero »
Retired

01Lambiero

« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2017, 08:38:16 PM »
Just got home from the awesome show turnout of Lambos at Carlisle.  SEVEN!! ::bounce ::rocker ::headbang :drool ::LAMBO ::salute ::thumbup  That's what I said SEVEN.  Here they are as they were in the line-up.  Adrian Burton's 2001 Diablo (still under construction) with a Mercedes V-12 engine, Bob Shaef's beautiful red Diablo, RT's beautifully finished Diablo VT with mirror finish, Jim Gehres' always gorgeous blue/purple Diablo, Coop's Diablo (still under construction) which I have named the "Vaponator" or "Diablo X-V", Todd Shepherd's '88 Countach from Cambridge, Ontario, Canada, and from Nashville, Tenn. was Steve Zeafla's awesome Arancio Atlas Diablo.  Enjoy  01
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 08:44:26 PM by 01Lambiero »
Retired

sisqocracker

• Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2017, 09:02:28 PM »
I got an interview from a guy who has almost half a million subscribers!  My YouTube channel is blowing up with subs now!  All from this one video. It had over 140k views in less than 24 hours!

https://youtu.be/GAnSQ0LHRZQ
I'm in there

Thanks,
Coop

Posey

« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2017, 09:39:48 AM »
GREAT job guys... Sorry I was a no show.......  Luck was not with me this year.....  Good looking line up. ::LAMBO

RT

• Member Rating Points: +15/-0
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2017, 09:29:09 PM »
Hey guys...
Here is a short video of the Lambo lineup at Carlisle 2017.

Short video of the lineup of Lambos at Carlisle 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMl4m-U9ax4

RT
It isn't enough to want a Lambo, you have to want to BUILD A CAR.

rodrieguz

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2017, 05:18:14 PM »
the weather finally  looks beautiful  there,  the turn out was good this year I see....have fun guys,

thanks for the pics Coop,

sisqocracker

« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2017, 12:06:22 PM »
Saturday,  good turn out.

Thanks,
Coop

sisqocracker

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2017, 07:56:48 PM »
Thanks 67MX, I use Discount tire all the time too.  I'll have to check it out.  I think if I discover that I had that coverage on the ones that just popped, I may be able to get another set.  But those would be cheap tires still I'm afraid because of the ones I had bought, if they replaced those, they may be crap ones too.  I did just get some Goodyear Marathons, dunno what ply they are, I'll have to look them up tomorrow when I'm back out there.

88.5 showed up after the crowd had died down.  We had a good dinner and better company with some great stories, I know there will be more tomorrow.  Look forward to seeing a good turn out tomorrow.  You guys take care I'll post up more pics tomorrow throughout the day.  May a link to a short video of the fumes car running.  I'll take a stab at reprogramming the computer tomorrow to make it stop dumping so much fuel.  It's too rich right now and only wants to run at about 3k RPMs.  A good problem to have.   :LL:

Thanks,
Coop

sisqocracker

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2017, 12:41:14 PM »
Looking for 88.5

Steve and i are here so far. Pretty good turn out for Friday looks like.

I'll reply later one the tire thing, pretty busy with questions here.
 ::rocker  ::headbang
Thanks,
Coop

Posey

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2017, 12:23:02 PM »
Well I got no LUCK this year...Sorry guys, NOT going to be able to make it...... Lets say I am not happy..... Hope you all have a big turnout please post pictures.  BIG apologies..... I will try again next year.... ::LAMBO   

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Member Rating Points: +10/-0
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2017, 10:27:51 AM »
Coop,
   Next time, here is something to think about. When I got my first real store bought racecar hauler, I was more proud of the eight ply actual trailer tires. No more 'Maypop Brand" like I had been using. About 10,000 miles in, one of them separated like trailer tires do. They will separate before they ever wear out because of the sharp radius that two axles that close together makes them drag across. I figured I had nothing to loose so I took it to Discount Tire to see about a warranty on the Goodyear tire. They told me that it had 75% tread left and they would replace it for $50. Then they asked me if I wanted the extended warranty. Before I could answer, they volunteered that if I took it, they would not know which trailer tire was replaced and it would cover all of them. Past experience told me that the other three were not far behind so I took it. Then in the next few thousand miles, when the other three did separate, that $25 warranty bought me the other three trailer tires.