Author Topic: 2017 Carlisle Big Replica Car Turn Out!  (Read 28005 times)

RT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 308
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-0
Re: 2017 Carlisle Big Replica Car Turn Out!
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2017, 08:28:28 PM »
Hey Guys,  Quick question about Carlisle.  I was thinking about selling my Diablo SE 30 replica again and thought about taking it to Carlisle but want your guys opinion.  Is there serious buyers at the show or is it not worth my time and effort to take it there.  I think once a serious buyer actually looks at the car and realize its current state they would buy it for the amount I am willing to take for it.  I been to Carlisle for other shows but never made it to the replica/kit car show.  Please, let me know your thoughts on the matter?  Thanks John

If you want to sell a car at Carlisle, they have a "Corral" section for cars for sale.  You will have to place it in that section along with every other car for sale.  I have seen kits and replicas there but don't know if any found buyers there.  Look on their website for info.

RT
It isn't enough to want a Lambo, you have to want to BUILD A CAR.

88.5countach

• Liked: 56
  • Member Rating Points: +11/-0
    • 88.5 Countach's Website (Lamborghini Countach Replica)
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2017, 03:35:30 PM »
Hey Guys,  Quick question about Carlisle.  I was thinking about selling my Diablo SE 30 replica again and thought about taking it to Carlisle but want your guys opinion.  Is there serious buyers at the show or is it not worth my time and effort to take it there.  I think once a serious buyer actually looks at the car and realize its current state they would buy it for the amount I am willing to take for it.  I been to Carlisle for other shows but never made it to the replica/kit car show.  Please, let me know your thoughts on the matter?  Thanks John

Good question I seem to recall seeing cars for sale from shows in the past.

JJS SE30

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Liked: 19
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2017, 03:25:00 PM »

AdrianBurton

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 202
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2017, 10:27:28 PM »
I got mine yesterday too!!!!

sisqocracker

• Liked: 45
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 08:55:17 PM »
My tickets came in the mail from Carlisle this weekend!!!   ::headbang

Had my stickers in there for the truck, trailer and car.

Now I need to get it running again so I can drive it into and out of the trailer!  Gonna suck having to push otherwise!

Thanks,
Coop

sisqocracker

• Liked: 45
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 11:55:14 AM »
I'm going to be there!  I'll trailer it up there and drive it around once there.  May be able to give rides at some point.  Pretty to cool to see the single injector vaporizer box thing in action.  :-)

Thanks,
Coop

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 01:25:55 PM »
Get there early on Friday and Saturday as with all of the riceburners there,  space is limited.  Our area is just east of the VW Manx group and just north of the "Race Paddock" building.  There's not much of a show on Sundays.  Maybe they can move the riceburners to Sunday for their exhaust competition.  I don't think that Carlisle does much for advertising as they list us with the "Kitcars" instead of Custom Replicas which is a better nameplate. Truck & Trailer parking has been moved to the southeast corner of the parking area.  This makes it tough to drop off a car and try to negotiate the roped off areas to get equipment & chairs etc. to our area.

20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

AdrianBurton

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 202
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 02:34:46 PM »
i WILL BE THERE WITH MINE...

WHO ELSE???

88.5countach

• Liked: 56
  • Member Rating Points: +11/-0
    • 88.5 Countach's Website (Lamborghini Countach Replica)
2017 Carlisle Big Replica Car Turn Out!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 10:17:07 AM »
It's official, RT (Ron) will be bringing the incredible Diablo he has been building to the Carlisle-import-and-performance-nationals. I am also committing to bringing the Countach to the show.

The show is May 19 - 21, 2017, Ron says Saturday the 20th is the big turn out day especially if the weather is good. I am renting an enclosed trailer for the car and planning on leaving Thursday May 18th from Cambridge, Ontario to be at the event Friday for some of the show. Will be there all day Saturday and Sunday.

This year Velocity will be shooting a show at the event. This will create a draw along with the other events planned. Hear is a link to the details. http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlisle-events/carlisle-import-and-performance-nationals/default.aspx

If your part way building, thinking of building or have it built, come out! Guys like Ron will be there to answer all the questions about building and guys like myself for the ones "after the build".

Many of us have contributed to the forum over the years and this would be a great opportunity to meet face to face. Share some experiences and appreciation for the community of enthusiast!

Don't be the one that misses the event this year, it's gearing up to be THE ONE!