Author Topic: 2017 Carlisle Big Replica Car Turn Out!  (Read 28000 times)

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
Re: 2017 Carlisle Big Replica Car Turn Out!
« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2017, 01:05:26 PM »
88.5countach (Todd) has more videos up for viewing at his blog site (whatever that is) ::scratch ::scratch ::zzzzz ::zzzzz  Thanks, Todd.

https://lamborghinicountachreplica.wordpress.com/

01 Jim
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

sisqocracker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 45
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-0
« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2017, 09:48:49 PM »
It is very cool.  I appreciate Todd making this one for me.  I went straight to hacking it up into another project that I think you guys will like.  Let me know.  I'll post up Todd's video he made for me later tonight or tomorrow.  I just realized that I hadn't done that already.  Was pretty cool. The interview was good but there is only so much of my car to look at (with it not being done yet).  So I turned it into this promo looking video, that I then added some technical info at the end and in the description box.  Trying to trickle the info out there for others who want to follow it, and maybe copy some of what I have done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4Lf3qOLMYc

I got Todd's video up now too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y402z9mkE6I

Thanks,
Coop
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 10:21:04 PM by sisqocracker »

88.5countach

• Liked: 56
  • Member Rating Points: +11/-0
    • 88.5 Countach's Website (Lamborghini Countach Replica)
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2017, 09:40:17 PM »
That would be cool to have, thanks Todd

pm your email and I will share the file with you.

AdrianBurton

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 202
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2017, 12:29:25 PM »
That would be cool to have, thanks Todd

88.5countach

• Liked: 56
  • Member Rating Points: +11/-0
    • 88.5 Countach's Website (Lamborghini Countach Replica)
« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2017, 09:39:44 AM »
RT I remember reading that now.  Think Steve stayed Sunday and was there at 10am, that's about the time we arrived so not sure if he was at the awards or not?

Thanks guys for the comments on the videos, enjoy doing it and viewing our cars while doing so.  I'm just a rookie at this and it enables me to combine a couple hobbies. 

I split the video's up, tomorrow night is Blake and I on the trip/arriving and Steve's car.  https://youtu.be/3Q1onVudfFI (should be up after 4pm)
Then RT next Friday and Coop, Jim, Adrian and Bob the following Friday.

If Jim, Adrian or Bob what their cuts of the video I can share them on gmail or post an unlisted Youtube version of just their cars for them.

Thanks for watch'n....see ya!

RT

• Liked: 308
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-0
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2017, 10:58:01 PM »
I asked 99Feeablo about the "Drive thru judging".  He responded that there was a cost of $30 to be judged.  I also asked him if he received a trophy, framed certificate, piece of paper, discount coupon for next years show, or a McDonalds coupon.  He responded that he got ZILTCH.  Something to remember about the Carlisle Import and Performance Show.  I really missed the "Velocity Channel cameras and interviews".................................................................................still waiting.  Wake me up if they show. ::zzzzz ::zzzzz ::zzzzz ::zzzzz ::zzzzz

I went back to the Carlisle page and this is what they said about the field judging:

If you are a winner, you can see in person as the winner's list will be posted at Guest Services by 10 a.m. on Sunday as well as online at the same time.
Also, if you are not onsite to receive your award, you may either pick it up during regular business hours at the fairgrounds or we will ship awards for $15 each. We hope you will join us throughout the weekend, however; to celebrate the vehicles that are honored as winners.

So there is probably something they give as an award and they should call them to see.

RT
It isn't enough to want a Lambo, you have to want to BUILD A CAR.

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2017, 12:14:18 PM »
I asked 99Feeablo about the "Drive thru judging".  He responded that there was a cost of $30 to be judged.  I also asked him if he received a trophy, framed certificate, piece of paper, discount coupon for next years show, or a McDonalds coupon.  He responded that he got ZILTCH.  Something to remember about the Carlisle Import and Performance Show.  I really missed the "Velocity Channel cameras and interviews".................................................................................still waiting.  Wake me up if they show. ::zzzzz ::zzzzz ::zzzzz ::zzzzz ::zzzzz

Retired

sisqocracker

« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2017, 10:24:12 AM »
Very nice Ron! And great job on the video Todd. I hadn't heard the whole story on it and that worked out very well. Plus I didn't know Darryl was your cousin.  Great stuff man, for both of you. Excellent.  I'll be sharing this around.  I'm sure it'll get the hits!

Thanks,
Coop

RT

• Liked: 308
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-0
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2017, 09:29:47 AM »
For those who could not attend the show, Todd Shepherd (88.5countach) was nice enough to make a video of my car and interview me.  He really does beautiful work.  He was also kind enough to allow me to share what he has done so far.  He is going to put together a more complete video of the show.  That should really be something!
I hope he shares a lot about his Countach too.  It is beautiful.  There is something visceral about the Countach that just excites you.
Anyway, here is a link to what Todd has made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lub8u3PIRVc

I hope you enjoy.

RT
It isn't enough to want a Lambo, you have to want to BUILD A CAR.

sisqocracker

« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2017, 11:39:48 PM »
I remade this other guy's long video into just the bit with my car in it.  Not up to 88.5's standards yet, but I'm practicing again.  I'll be making pro stuff again before ya know it.   ::thumbup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7qiCa7_ji4

The ending is pretty funny.

Thanks,
Coop

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2017, 08:53:07 PM »
88.5countach made a video also at Carlisle and I have asked him to post it on this forum when edited.   ::bounce

Working on it, here is a link to the teaser but it will not be up until Friday night.
https://youtu.be/QZyQHuXLJw4

The "Teaser Vid" is up and running.  Todd is a master at making likeable videos.  The full video should be a homerun.

01 Jim
Retired

sisqocracker

« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2017, 03:38:21 PM »
I found another video where a guy was talking to me about the fumes car.  This was on Friday before there was a lot of others there. 

Lets get this guy some views!  ::angel

https://youtu.be/oJKJviNFCq8?t=19m13s

Thanks,
Coop

99Feeablo

• Liked: 15
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2017, 10:45:16 AM »
Thank you Jim and Joy, I had a great time at Carlisle and loved meeting all you folks!  ::headbang ::rocker, good to be on here and have such a support structure! Cant wait till next year for sure. Thanks once again to all of you!
4 years Air Force automotive tech
19 years at SkyWest Airlines (aircraft mechanic)15 years of flying my airplane to work everyday

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2017, 09:49:17 AM »
Welcome 99Feeablo to the forum.  ::wave ::thumbup ::LAMBO
This is the place to ask "how to", "where can I get parts" etc., and inform yourself to the ins & outs of our hobby.  Sorry that I didn't take the opportunity to get more acquainted at Carlisle but as you saw, it gets rather busy on Saturday.

01, Jim & Joy
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 09:51:46 AM by 01Lambiero »
Retired

sisqocracker

« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2017, 11:17:00 PM »
I got an interview from a guy who has almost half a million subscribers!  My YouTube channel is blowing up with subs now!  All from this one video. It had over 140k views in less than 24 hours!

https://youtu.be/GAnSQ0LHRZQ
I'm in there

Thanks,
Coop

Hey Coop, I saw the video, Wow you got a lot going on in there to get that thing started. Had I known you had a LT1, I would have sent you to this guy, http://lt1350.com/ They reprogram the stock ECU to your liking, remove the VATS (vehicle antitheft system) and modify the harness to only needing 4 main wires to start the engine up. for like around $375 bucks and you would have been done!

http://lt1350.com/

Yeah man.  Appreciate that.  I already have the minimum wires needed to fire the ECU that came with that motor.  It is providing spark and I'm listening to what it says it want's to do for fuel, I'm just doing something a little different from what it says.   ;)   

I now need to find the leads that turn on the fans and get that setup powered so I can turn the fans on when needed.

I've been running this motor on fumes since 2013 and the new still hasn't worn off on that one yet.  It is just so cool every time it runs.  Ya know?  Love it.  And now with this new exposure, I'm hoping there will be plenty more following along and saying screw it and doing it themselves all over the place.  THAT would be cool.  I think it would be history making.  The Internet should be the vehicle that powers that kind of info sharing and allowing us to move ourselves forward instead of staying stuck in this same old BS we've always been in.

Thanks,
Coop