Author Topic: V8 vs V12  (Read 2299 times)

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
Re: V8 vs V12
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 11:26:39 PM »
Paul,
   The chassis uses motor plates so it will take any engine/transaxle combination you want. It can be changed to RHD fairly easily, the RHD rack and pinion is a stock item from Flaming River or Ididit, it is just a shame it is LHD but I suppose all you find are going to be. The wiring harness seems like the biggest nuisance. I have my own molds for a 5000 and a 25th and they are both absolutely accurate, and my fiberglass work is as good as it gets. The body I have quoted with this is a collection of spares and seconds but it is still far superior to anything else out there. I have a website at stricklandracinginc.com but it is dedicated exclusively to my newest project. It was also not quoted in that price, but I can provide a Internationally Recognized and ISO Certified Manufacturer Certificate of Origin (MCO) so international shipping and registration is much easier. I simply do not have time to finish this, I just sold another chassis today, and that puts me 17 behind.

TripleWhiteCountach

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 09:20:39 PM »
Hi 76MX

Wow, that is great to hear.
Yes it is not a turn key but it IS a V12.
What Motor/trans. is it set up for?
I would, at your discretion, like to see some pics. I may even be interested in having it built when you have time, however I would need it in RHD as we drive on the wrong side of the road out here. Also what body kits do you use as I really want it to look the part. I have been told that Prova from the UK have one of the most authentic looking body's. But I have seen videos and most are pretty hard to pick as not being real, and I have seen a few genuine ones when my friend was importing them when they were in production. I looked at an incomplete kit on a Fiero chassis out here but it sat way too high and it was missing 6 cylinders.

thanks for getting back to me, do you have a web site?

Regards

Paul.
People who want to BE somebody drive Ferrari's, People who ARE somebody drive Lamborghini's!

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 11:01:59 AM »
TWC,
   I have a custom chassis complete except for the engine and transaxle, designed for longitudinal engine mount so you could do a V-12, and a complete Countach body for $25,000. This is short of your turnkey request, and other builds will keep me from being able to finish it for you, but if you are interested, I am in Texas. I have a few pictures but cannot take more until after July 3rd when my client picks up the GT40 at the back of the racecar hauler and I can get to it in the front of the hauler.

TripleWhiteCountach

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
V8 vs V12
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 07:47:26 AM »
Hi all.

Firstly, I am new to all this forum stuff so I beg of your patience and guidance.
For YEARS (20+) I have wanted a Countach, and now I have found this site which may facilitate my need for knowledge in all matters of replicas'

I am looking to buy (sorry all, I have nowhere to build) a Countach. Most I have seen are all V8 or V6, is there anything prohibiting the fitting a V12? I have in the past owned an XJS and the 12 was divine (when it ran!).
I have had the good fortune to be around the Countach and understand the unique method of running the transmission back through the sump etc. Have I answered my own question?
I did see a V12 kit on a picture gallery but it had been lengthened to accommodate the engine, this I do not wish to do.

I also believe 'Prova' in the UK are now doing cars, however, to date I have not been able to get a reply from their website, does anyone have an email that works for them?

Thanking you all in advance for any guidance provided.

Paul.

PS: People who want to be somebody drive Ferrari's, People who ARE somebody drive  ::LAMBO2!

People who want to BE somebody drive Ferrari's, People who ARE somebody drive Lamborghini's!