Author Topic: Towing?  (Read 1248 times)

JJS SE30

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Liked: 19
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
Re: Towing?
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 02:50:37 PM »
If you get the wider tow dolly, I think 80 inch ones, you should be fine.  I used a smaller standard dolly but I had to take the fenders off.  Uhaul does have the wider ones.  Just watch if you decide to take a really sharp turn.  Goodluck!

Ccemn1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 22
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 11:42:57 AM »
Yes, the car is so wide, they had to put thick (About 5" tall) aluminium ramps on the trailer, to get the body to clear the trailer fenders.

eddie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 285
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 11:25:49 AM »
Hmm buy your self a road side assistance
With max tow they usually carry that or more mile tow ( 150 - 200$) get a flatbed
On your way baby

diablodoc

• Liked: 28
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 10:31:41 AM »
Take some real good measurements of your car and the dolly to make sure it will fit.  I guarantee you it will be a tight fit if it fits at all.  I've used one of those tow dollies to transport my frame (before the body was mounted) and it just barely fit.  I'm not sure the body will clear those fenders on the tow dolly.  Just to let you know, if your car has the correct track, it won't fit on a U-haul car hauler trailer either.  As far as towing is concerned, if you have a manual transmission and put it in neutral you won't have a problem.  Automatic is a different story.

Ccemn1

• Liked: 22
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
Towing?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 07:09:34 AM »
Does anyone know if it would hurt the transaxle if I towed my Fiero based 5 speed Diablo replica with a front wheel tow?
I'm moving and have to travel about 300 miles and was wondering about transport?