Author Topic: Anyone had their finished replica weighed?  (Read 2112 times)

plans4sale

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 60
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
Re: Anyone had their finished replica weighed?
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2013, 12:36:44 PM »
 This is not owned by me, bus is a project I designed and worked on for several years for a friend of mine who owns the company. http://www.aero-master.com/  The weight of the demo car measures at 850 kg (1874 lbs). However, with the upcoming engine swap (maybe an Audi unit) and reinforcement of the engine area the mass may increase to 930-950 kg (2050-2094 lbs), which is still not that bad. The genuine car weighted 900 kg (1984 lbs).
Custom 3d car & chassis design: https://www.facebook.com/sportni.koli.3
Finnluxury Tritium (FLT) body kit and chassis: https://www.facebook.com/finnluxury

redhammer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 40
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 04:21:02 PM »
have you talked to riceburner regarding the a/c unit?

tonypaul

• Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +7/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 02:55:08 PM »
Bumping this up- I went and had my Diablo weighed again today at the same place I had it done before. I wanted to know the difference in weight since I swapped in the LS4 drivetrain.

With 1/2 tank of gas (about the same as before) it weighed in at 3240lbs. So it gained 80lbs over the iron headed sbc/ 5 speed. I was hoping to loose a little weight on the car but considering I added a/c, more metal bracing, a bigger battery and a few more items I guess it sounds about right.

Yesterday I took it to the dyno, I wanted the tuner to look over the tune and do some tuning on the dyno since I had done about 100 miles worth of street tuning. Since the tuner/shop hasnt done any tuning with Mega/Microsquirt he didnt want to tune it. I kinda knew ahead of time with talking with him on the phone but he said bring it out anyway and he would look at it.

He looked over my tables and said they looked pretty good to him so we decided to put it on the dyno so I could atleast log the pulls and do my own tuning. We did 5 pulls with the 3rd pull putting down the best of 272hp/288tq. First couple pulls I had a couple drops on the graph which I think was do to some junk in one or more of my injectors. The 3rd and 4th were pretty close and the 5th was down a little maybe due to heat soak as all pulls were with in 45 minutes.

So overall Im pretty happy with the swap, the car runs great on the street. Its alot smoother and more enjoyable driving car now with the paddleshift instead of the fiero 5 speed. I can do a semi-agressive throttle smash and light up the huge rear tires with ease. The power band is so much better with the 4t65ehd now, before with the fiero 5 speed first gear was useless. Its not wicked fast but for a driver its 100% better now with the LS4.

I already have started on some much needed body work and will be ready for a repaint the first week in June. Im trying to find someone who can make some kind of digital a/c-heat control to run with my shadowdash/android but havnt had much success yet. Anyone know of anyone who can do programming like this?

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 07:25:03 PM »
      I would suggest staying away from McDonald's, diet Pepsi, and Weight Watchers. ::rocker ::headbang ::headbang ::headbang

Jim
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

dratts

• Liked: 14
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 09:03:31 AM »
My G28 roadster with ls4 drivetrain weighs 3400 lbs with 1/2 tank of gas.  The transmission is responsible for 100 of those pounds and the frame reinforcement and body apparently account for most of the increase over the stock 2800 lbs.  Twenty inch wheels and tires and thirteen inch brake rotors added quite a bit too.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 09:05:57 AM by dratts »

SchulzeA

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 08:39:58 AM »
Your with in the weight of about 100lbs of a c5 corvette depending on the model. I'd say thats really good! It may be difficult to shed any weight without sacrificing something but you will make a lot more power per pound with the LS1 right?

tonypaul

• Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +7/-0
Anyone had their finished replica weighed?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 11:05:39 PM »
I have always wondered what the weight of my Diablo Roadster was so today I took it down to a local shipping company that has this drive on scale. With a 1/2 of gas it came to 3160 pounds, which shocked me. I didnt think it was going to weigh that much, I was thinking around 2800-2900.

But I do have that heavy iron headed SBC in the back and alot of stereo and electronic stuff in it. I have been working on the reverse rotation twin turbo LS1 a little more lately but it seems Im not going to be able to shed any going with this drivetrain. Im going to have the car 4 corner scaled soon just to see where the weight is now and try to put those figures into the new cradle design.

BTW- I just found the GoPro I got for xmas last year (forgot all about it) still in the unopened box. Im going to try it out next week attached to the car...